| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Lauren Southern (1995–) is a Canadian white nationalist and far-right activist  who, in March 2018, was banned from entering the UK for distributing leaflets saying "Allah is a gay god", which allegedly incited religious hatred against Muslims. Her political views are opposing Islam, liberalism, multiculturalism, feminism and LGBT rights, while supporting paleoconservatism, cultural nationalism, and the right to keep and bear arms. She is described as alt-right by the media and SPLC but her rejection of neo-Nazism for a not-so moderate (albeit still xenophobic) cultural nationalism makes her alt-lite similar to Paul Joseph Watson. Southern was a contributor on The Rebel Media, a hard-right wing Canadian online political and social commentary media platform owned by conservative political activist Ezra Levant, where she hosted the talk show Stand Off with Lauren Southern.
Southern was a former member of the Libertarian Party of Canada, and she considers herself a cultural libertarian. However she holds many reactionary and nationalist views that are seemingly against libertarianism. She has expressed support for Donald Trump and Nigel Farage.
In 2018, Southern produced a documentary called Farmlands which claimed that racially motivated farm attacks in South Africa may represent an impending genocide, a common talking point for white nationalists. Southern had previously interviewed a mystical cult of 'race war preppers' called the Suidlanders, and the group leader Simon Roche features as a talking head throughout the documentary without Southern mentioning his extremist views and links to Identity Evropa and the League of the South .
Early life and education
Southern studied political science at the University of Fraser Valley for two years before dropping out, calling the program "a waste of money to pay for knowledge she could get on her own." During her time there, she was heavily political to the point that most of her peers either saw her views as absurd or simply believed it better not to discuss politics with her due to how unpleasant she could get, and described herself as being into the kind of "Ayn Rand bitch style of libertarianism." She applied to be a military intelligence officer after leaving the university but would become a poster child of the alt-right after attending a Toronto conference headed by Ezra Levant.
Southern has run as a candidate for the Libertarian Party of Canada. She is the force behind "The Triggering", an event to "defend freedom of speech by posting 'offensive content' on social media". "The Triggering" occurred on 9 March 2016, the day after International Women's Day, which may have been intentional. Needless to say, her fans rejoiced and took part in the event.
She appears to be buddies with British right-wing activist Milo Yiannopoulos, a former senior editor for far-right news and opinion website Breitbart News, as they appeared together in October of 2015 during a Slutwalk to share their "opinions" on rape culture. She did the same thing in a Vancouver Slutwalk in June of that year. Classy. At a transgender rally in early 2016, Southern might have had urine poured on her by a black bloc protester, for stating that only two genders exist. She also attended an Antifa rally with The Rebel Media in London following Brexit and received a hostile reception from protesters.
Attitude towards the alt-right
“”#AltRightMeans I don't have to be ashamed of my heritage.
The Anti-Fascist News branded Southern a mild supporter of the alt-right "who brings in a lot of their ideas and their cultural behavior without committing to the hard white nationalism". Regarding the alt-right, she stated, "It's hard not to sympathize with a lot of the alt-right causes and I do align with a lot of them. I keep a healthy skepticism of any movement that I join or sympathize with, or just talk about. […] and the alt-right certainly deserves a healthy skepticism." Thus she definitely expressed some support to the alt-right agenda, with reservations, although she stated that alt-right methods are "absolutely not" better than those of liberals.
Southern rejected her description as an alt-right journalist by Thunderf00t, saying, "While I certainly have crossover with alt-right on a decent amount of subjects, I don't focus on white identity as one of my main topics. […] And because of this most of the alt-right do not refer to me as alt-right. […] Many people on [the] alt-right would find the description of me [as alt-right to be] inaccurate and laughable". In a tweet from September 19, 2016, she even used alt-right as a derogatory term, sarcastically stating "Wow the alt-right is really growing on Canadian campuses" in regards to the video of The Rebel Media's pranking college students where they asked them to sign a petition demanding authorities to "stamp out women's suffrage" and they agreed, obviously having no idea what "suffrage" even means.
Southern has since claimed allegiance to two radical Identitarian, alt-right groups, Defend Europe and Generation Identity (specifically its French branch). Their activities have included interfering with humanitarian vessels trying to rescue migrants by shooting flares at them and yelling hate slogans. She later in a Twitter video called for 4chan's infamous /pol/ board to join the fight.
The groups have been labeled as anti-Islam, anti-immigration factions that wish to protect Europeans from the threat of an invasion. Besides the obvious reactionary claims, they have also justified their xenophobia on the pretense of wishing to stop the alleged human trafficking of refugees drowning in the sea caused by corrupt humanitarian aid workers who supposedly cooperate with smugglers by... trying to sink boats of refugees themselves instead.
As expected, international human rights activists have widely condemned the groups and their actions. Perhaps then it's not surprising that Patreon later deleted Southern's account on the grounds that she was "raising funds in order to take part in activities that are likely to cause loss of life."
Southern also created a video on July 3, 2017 called "The Great Replacement" named after The Great Replacement conspiracy theory the same theory that inspired Australia-born Brenton Harrison Tarrant to kill 51 and injure 50 more at Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Islamic Centre in Christchurch, New Zealand during the Christchurch terrorist attacks on March 15, 2019. The video has so far racked up 659,722 (half a million) views as it selectively cherry picked data and articles in an attempt to prove her point. One British YouTuber Shaun has deconstructed it and taking it apart piece by piece.
Southern supports immigration to Canada and the US as long as the immigrants are white like Afrikaner farmers (and her own grandparents were immigrants from Denmark.), but she strongly opposes Muslim immigration. She also pretends that she's not racist but on a Sky News interview she considered that it would be easy for a white non-migrant to come to Europe if he wanted to as long as he puts some "bronzer" and gets on a "dinghy boat".  
Views on Islam
She thinks, pointing out to Ben Shapiro's video "The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority", that a majority of Muslims in the world hold views that "do not align with Western values", and she states that she does not want such Muslims in the West, "changing the base culture of the West".
Despite claiming to dislike feminism and advocating a return to traditionalism, Southern (and other women in the Alt-right) has complained about harassment from male members of the Alt-right for not being married with children at age 22 years old. Gee, the racist and hateful audience that she has amassed are also sexist? Who could have guessed?! In a YouTube video, she argues that it would be more "degenerate" for her to have children now without finding the right man. Regardless of whether she supports feminism or not, we're sure many feminists would respect Southern's right to marry and have children whenever she wants to, as do we.
- Lauren Southern: Far-right Canadian activist detained in Calais and banned from entering UK. Independent. 13 March 2018.
- Canadian far-right activist Lauren Southern barred from Britain for anti-Muslim views. National Post. 12 March 2018.
- Vicky Mochama, Many More Apologies are Owed to Canada's Muslim Community, Toronto Metro, 3 Feb 2017, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Why 3 anti-Islam activists were refused entry to the UK. BBC, 14 March 2018.
Nick Lowles, chief executive of the anti-racism campaign group Hope Not Hate, says..."These are people who have huge reach on social media, they are peddlers of online hate, and as our recent State of Hate report highlighted, the online reach of right-wing hate preachers can have disastrous consequences."
- Far Right Activist Denied Entry to UK After Distributing Racist Material in Luton. Luton Today. 12 March 2018.
- Lauren Southern: The alt-right’s Canadian dog whistler
- Lauren Southern, The Rebel Media, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Responding to Thunderf00t, Lauren Southern [YouTube channel], 27 Jan 2017, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Lauren Southern, Libertarian Party of Canada, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Allum Bokhari, Rise of the Cultural Libertarians, Breitbart, 24 Aug 2015, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Lauren Southern - You might be a "cultural libertarian" if..., Rebel Media, 27 Aug 2015, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4zlf89/lauren_southern_ama/d6wtoex/ "I'm a libertarian like how Christina Hoff Sommers is a feminist. I want small government but I think the majority of libertarians are going about it in the dumbest way humanly possible. Will open borders achieve smaller government? No. We live in a democracy and a welfare state — it would be small government suicide to open the borders up."
- Trump supporter BLOCKED by Facebook for complaining about site's censorship of right-wing activists, Daily Mail, 22 May 2016, Updated 23 May 2016, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Trump’s tweet echoing white nationalist propaganda about South African farmers, explained, Vox
- How a cult of South African Völkish race war preppers instigated the Fox News obsession with ‘White Genocide’
- Talk:Lauren Southern/Archive 1 § did she really get urine poured on her or was that soda pop?
- , Twitter. 25 August 2016.
- "The Great Replacement". Lauren Southern Official YouTube Channel. July 3, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDmsmN43NA.
- "The Great Replacement Isn't Real - ft. Lauren Southern". Shaun and Jen Official YouTube Channel. July 9, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfSqtt8.
- Ben Shapiro: The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority, TruthRevoltOriginals [YouTube channel], 15 Oct 2014, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Lauren Southern Fights Back Against Establishment Media, Rebel Media, 20 Jan 2017, Accessed 13 Feb 2017
- Lauren Southern Fights Back Against Establishment Media, Rebel Media, 20 Jan 2017, Accessed 13 Feb 2017