There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
William Campbell Douglass
| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
William Campbell Douglass II is a doctor, alternative medicine promoter, anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist. As a conspiracy theorist, he believes that the World Health Organization developed AIDS as part of the New World Order's nefarious plan to take over the world by depopulating the Earth. As a CAM supporter, he believes, among other things:
- A little tobacco smoking is both good and bad (apparently he hasn't made up his mind)
- Exercise is overrated
- Vegetarianism is bad
- Raw milk is good
- Pasteurized milk is bad
- Fluoride is bad
- Vaccines are bad
- Sunlight doesn't cause melanoma, but prevents it
- Aspartame is bad
- Homebirths are good
- Hydrogen Peroxide can cure cancer and AIDS. There is no scientific evidence for this.
And then go for the jugular with a recent headline, because you’ll always find something like this: Japan reports sixth infant death after vaccination?.
That’s from just a couple of weeks ago, before the disaster there. Does that sound safe to you?
Your nemeses will no doubt start repeating some sob story they found on the Internet about someone who died of an obscure disease… but forget the anecdotal tales and just look at the numbers: All the major diseases supposedly eradicated by vaccines were on the decline BEFORE those injections came on the scene.
And when these diseases hit today, they’re often nothing to worry about: The last big measles outbreak, for example, had a death rate of about a quarter of a percent.
So, basically, dying from a vaccine (which vaccine, he doesn't say) is unspeakable evil, but dying from measles is perfectly OK. It may be worth mentioning that the MMR vaccine does not cause death in people who aren't allergic and is much safer than the diseases against which it immunizes. Also, Douglass implies that the "diseases supposedly eradicated by vaccines" (such as measles) would have gone away anyway, since they were declining before the vaccines were invented, and this raises the question: Why is measles still here?
- Not to be confused with William Campbell Douglass I. Whoever he was.
- W.H.O Murdered Africa.
- Coast to Coast AM Dr William Campbell Douglas:Health Benifits (sic) of Tobacco, on Free Republic.
- It's official: Smoking is good for you! (well, not exactly)
- Dr. Douglass' Health Newsletter, The Douglass Report.
- No sweat, Natural Solutions Radio.
- Vegans angry over poisoned soy burgers
- Don't believe the hype: Soy can't cure cancer
- The Milk Book by William Campbell Douglass, Weston. A. Price Foundation.
- Recommended Reading, The Douglass Report.
- Dont (sic) Drink the Water!
- William Douglass, International Medical Council on Vaccination.
- Sunlight and Melanoma, William Campbell Douglass, Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Escape the Aspartame Trap, Dr. William Campbell Douglass II.
- Fighting for Homebirthing Rights
- Hydrogen Peroxide - Medical Miracle
- Can hydrogren peroxide help treat cancer?
- How To Win the Vaccine Argument Every Single Time, International Medical Council on Vaccination.