Alliance Defending Freedom
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
“”...their (The ADF's) ultimate goal is to see the law and U.S. government enshrined with conservative Christian principles
Discrimination Freedom (formerly known as the Alliance Defense Fund until 2012) is a right wing religious legal group with an income of nearly $40 million in 2010.
The ADF is dedicated to:
- Opposing abortion
- Protecting the religious freedom of Christians; i.e.:
- Combating threats to their narrow-minded travesty of family values; i.e.:
- Generally giving Christians, especially conservative Christians, power to deny freedom to others
- Fighting the War on Christmas
The group was conceived as a conservative counter to the ACLU. They have, on occasion, done some good -- if self-serving -- work for Christian groups that are unfairly prevented from using school property by officials who don't understand the Establishment Clause. But, then again, so has the ACLU.
On the other hand, they have helped defend the right of the Boy Scouts of America to discriminate against gays. The very nature of their mission runs counter to both the spirit and letter of the Constitution of the United States.
Major donors include James Leininger, Erik Prince, Bill and Bradley Foundation, Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation, Berniece Grewcock Foundation, and the Bolthouse Foundation, which insists that "man was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from previously existing creatures".
The Christian Legal Centre is a British organization suspected of receiving funding from the ADF. The CLC and ADF jointly set up the UK based Wilberforce Academy, which tries to train Christians as public leaders. Overall the Christian Legal Centre is less successful than the ADF claims to be.The Christian Legal Centre has lost a high proportion of the cases taken on, while the ADF claims a high success rate.
Polling evidence suggests that the percentage of Christians in the United States falls by about 1% yearly. As the proportion of Christians continues to decline the culture in the United States is likely to more closely resemble that of Britain, making it harder for the ADF to win cases.
Moment of supreme irony
In April 2013 ADF attorney Lisa Biron was found guilty of child pornography when she filmed her own 14-year-old daughter having sex with two men on multiple occasions, and the ADF moved swiftly to whitewash their connection to Biron by removing mention of her on the ADF web site and Facebook page. Biron got 40 years in prison.
- If successful this could set a precedent allowing secularists to hand out material by authors like Richard Dawkins at Christian events. Can these Christians think things through? 
- No Theocracy, Thanks
- What is the Alliance Defense Fund, and why does Bill O'Reilly advocate donating to it?
- Christian Legal Centre fights more than 50 religious discrimination cases
- Alliance Defense Fund
- For examples, take a look at Wikipedia's page on the Christian Legal Centre
- The Work of Alliance Defending Freedom where in 2015, they claim "80% of all cases litigated have been won" and "38 U.S. Supreme Court victories"
- Anti-gay activist lawyer guilty of child pornography after videotaping daughter, Salon
- Former Manchester lawyer sentenced to 40 years for producing child pornography