| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
“”Ngo is yet another Free Speech Guy bizarrely fixated on proving that Islam is inherently bad and violent under the guise of searching for the "truth" while successfully gaining fame for doing so. In fact, he mentions the crusade on his Patreon page, which rakes in $521 a month.
Andy Cuong Ngo (c. 1986–) is an American conservative, "journalist" and former editor of the alt-right-pandering online magazine Quillette. Although he is gay, he is predictably an anti-feminist and an Islamophobe.
He first attracted widespread criticism after publishing an opinion column titled "A Visit to Islamic England" in the Wall Street Journal. He has been described as "one of the leading amplifiers of Islamophobia in US." Lately he has refocused his brand on targeting leftist activists, promoting the "antifa are the real fascists" narrative.
He lost his job at Quillette (and had all his content there deleted) for no explicitly stated reason at a time that just happened to coincide perfectly with a leaked video of him standing nearby as Patriot Prayer members conspired to commit assault. We're sure it's unrelated.
Early Reddit History
Here is a sad and fascinating look at how an insecure guy with no friends or job, bullied for his weight, race, and sexuality, might cure his pain and alienation by finding a home as a propagandist for violent fascists who hate most of what he is.
A Visit to Islamic England
Ngo's column, published in the execrable Wall Street Journal opinion section, that controversially describes London as "failed multiculturalism", has been described as "utter nonsense" and a "dishonest race-baiting article" by someone who actually lives in Whitechapel, the area of London Ngo had briefly visited.
Several of Ngo's statements and claims were disproved by a Tower Hamlets Council spokesperson, for example Ngo had incorrectly tried to link a street alcohol ban specifically to Islam (echoing the conspiracy theories of no-go zones and Eurabia), not realising "no drinking zones have been introduced by many councils across the UK to tackle antisocial behaviour linked to street drinking."
Ngo later admitted
writing lies making mistakes in his opinion column.
Attacked by Antifa
In May 2019, Ngo was pepper-sprayed by an Antifa protester in Portland, Oregon. Afterwards, Ngo doxed a person who'd been knocked out by a Proud Boy at the same rally. It was later stated that her spine had been broken in the process.
In June 2019, Ngo was kicked, punched, "milkshaked", and silly-stringed by antifa protesters in Portland, Oregon, and ended up in the hospital.
Right-wing media (though not Ngo himself) widely claimed that Ngo had had a brain hemorrhage. If so, he improved remarkably quickly -- Ngo was discharged and appeared on Fox News the next day. Right-wing media also widely claimed that Ngo had been attacked by a "cement milkshake", including Fox News (who later backtracked their coverage) and Ted Cruz. Such a milkshake, if used, would not be effective as mixtures with more than 1% sugar prevent cement from settling.
- Portland mayor faces impeachment calls after antifa assault and milkshaking of right-wing blogger Andy Ngo. Independent. 2 July 2019.
- Will Sommer, Right-Wing Star Andy Ngo Exits Quillette After Damning Video Surfaces. The Daily Beast, 26 August 2019.
...footage taken by an undercover liberal activist in May and described on Monday by the Portland Mercury showed Ngo witnessing activists from the far-right group Patriot Prayer planning a violent confrontation at a bar associated with left-wing activists. Ngo never reported on what he had seen the Patriot Prayer members planning, and some of the people involved in the attack at the bar now face felony riot charges.
- Alex Zielinski, Undercover in Patriot Prayer: Insights From a Vancouver Democrat Who's Been Working Against the Far-Right Group from the Inside. Portland Mercury, 26 August 2019.
- Ngo, A. (August 29, 2018) A Visit to Islamic England. Wall Street Journal.
- Noble, W. (August 31, 2018). The Wall Street Journal Spouts Utter Nonsense About Islamic London In This Article. Londonist.
- Lockie, A. (August 31, 2018). The Wall Street Journal ran a cowardly, race-baiting article on 'Islamic England': I live there. They're dead wrong. Business Insider.
- 'Islamic England' Wall Street Journal Column Slammed By Tower Hamlets Council And Campaigners. Huffington Post. 30 Aug 2018.
- Ngo, A. (November 9, 2018). What happened when I wrote about Islam in Britain. Spectator.
- Wallace, Danielle (May 2, 2019). Antifa, far-right groups clash outside Portland bar after 'peaceful' May Day protests. Fox News.
- My favourite aspect to Andy Ngo's recent performance is how far he went to justify and deny the Proud Boys knocking someone unconscious and snapping the vertebrae of her neck right in front of him. This man is as much of an unrepentant thug as the groups he collaborates with., CranBoonitz, Twitter
- Williams, Kale. (June 30, 2019).Portland mayor, police come under fire after right-wing writer attacked at protest, OregonLive.com.
- Discussing Andy Ngo and the Portland protests, a Fox News guest says you had "people throwing milkshakes that apparently had quick-dry cement mixed in them." Despite the fact that there's absolutely no evidence to support this, anchor Neil Cavuto just lets it go, Justin Baragona, Twitter
- Good stuff from Fox News who quietly changed its headline that amplified the hoax that antifa was throwing cement milkshakes at the Proud Boys in Portland without issuing a correction, or even acknowledging it, Ali Breland, Twitter
- Concrete chemistry and the TFL sugar rush