| Inventing "The Other"|
|Fear And Loathing|
“”Ngo is yet another Free Speech Guy bizarrely fixated on proving that Islam is inherently bad and violent under the guise of searching for the "truth" while successfully gaining fame for doing so. In fact, he mentions the crusade on his Patreon page, which rakes in $521 a month.
He first attracted widespread criticism after publishing an opinion column titled "A Visit to Islamic England" in the Wall Street Journal. He has been described by a pro-Islamic journalist as "one of the leading amplifiers of Islamophobia in US."
A Visit to Islamic England
Ngo's opinion column that controversially describes London as "failed multiculturalism", has been described as "utter nonsense" and a "dishonest race-baiting article" by someone who actually lives in Whitechapel, the area of London Ngo had briefly visited.
Several of Ngo's statements and claims were disproved by a Tower Hamlets Council spokesperson, for example Ngo had incorrectly tried to link a street alcohol ban specifically to Islam (echoing the conspiracy theories of no-go zones and Eurabia), not realising "no drinking zones have been introduced by many councils across the UK to tackle antisocial behaviour linked to street drinking."
Ngo later admitted
writing lies making mistakes in his opinion column.
Attacked by Antifa
In June 2019, Ngo was kicked, punched, "milkshaked", and silly-stringed by antifa protesters in Portland, Oregon.
Right-wing media widely claimed that Ngo had had a brain hemorrhage. If so, he improved remarkably quickly -- Ngo was discharged and appeared on Fox News the next day. Right-wing media also widely claimed that Ngo had been attacked by a "cement milkshake", including Fox News (who later backtracked their coverage) and Ted Cruz. This is physically impossible, as mixtures with more than 1% sugar prevent cement from settling.
- Portland mayor faces impeachment calls after antifa assault and milkshaking of right-wing blogger Andy Ngo. Independent. 2 July 2019.
- Ngo, A. (August 29, 2019) A Visit to Islamic England. Wall Street Journal.
- Noble, W. (August 31, 2018). The Wall Street Journal Spouts Utter Nonsense About Islamic London In This Article. Londonist.
- Lockie, A. (August 31, 2018). The Wall Street Journal ran a cowardly, race-baiting article on 'Islamic England': I live there. They're dead wrong. Business Insider.
- 'Islamic England' Wall Street Journal Column Slammed By Tower Hamlets Council And Campaigners. Huffington Post. 30 Aug 2018.
- Ngo, A. (November 9, 2018). What happened when I wrote about Islam in Britain. Spectator.
- Wallace, Danielle (May 2, 2019). Antifa, far-right groups clash outside Portland bar after 'peaceful' May Day protests. Fox News.
- My favourite aspect to Andy Ngo's recent performance is how far he went to justify and deny the Proud Boys knocking someone unconscious and snapping the vertebrae of her neck right in front of him. This man is as much of an unrepentant thug as the groups he collaborates with., CranBoonitz, Twitter
- Williams, Kale. (June 30, 2019).Portland mayor, police come under fire after right-wing writer attacked at protest, OregonLive.com.
- Discussing Andy Ngo and the Portland protests, a Fox News guest says you had "people throwing milkshakes that apparently had quick-dry cement mixed in them." Despite the fact that there's absolutely no evidence to support this, anchor Neil Cavuto just lets it go, Justin Baragona, Twitter
- Good stuff from Fox News who quietly changed its headline that amplified the hoax that antifa was throwing cement milkshakes at the Proud Boys in Portland without issuing a correction, or even acknowledging it, Ali Breland, Twitter
- Concrete chemistry and the TFL sugar rush