| Frogs and swastikas|
“”Quillette makes tired alt-right talking points sound erudite.
|—Gaby Del Valle|
Quillette is a right-wing online magazine associated with the "intellectual dark web" and is popular with the alt-right, for its social conservatism, opposition to political correctness, anti-feminism, islamophobia and defence of HBD pseudoscience by attacking what it calls "the blank slate view".
“”Having now spent time arguing with various Quillette writers and learning more about their intellectual circles, it's become more and more clear to me the extent to which Quillette and Claire Lehmann are fronts for race realists and eugenicist psuedo[sic]-science. They all circle around the more hardcore, Nazi-adjascent outlets and people like The Unz Review, Steve Sailer, and the Ulster Institute/Richard Lynn circles (see: bringing in Toby Young as an editor).
- Claire Lehmann Editor-in-Chief who founded Quillette in 2015 — an anti-feminist crank, who blames feminists for obesity and has made videos for the alt-right The Rebel Media. Lehmann is a proponent of HBD and was quoted by Hbdchick in 2014 for posting a definition of "human-biodiversity".
- Toby Young (1963–) Associate Editor — controversially attended the London Conference on Intelligence alongside white nationalists, neo-Nazis and child-rape apologist Emil Kirkegaard. Young is a hard-right conservative and made UK news headlines at beginning of January 2018 for sending sexist, homophobic and other offensive tweets. He describes himself as a "progressive eugenicist", and delivered a speech at the International Society for Intelligence Research's 2017 conference, defending HBD.
Articles published by Quillette supporting HBD include "On the Reality of Race" and "No Voice at VOX: Sense and Nonsense about Discussing IQ and Race" by Richard Haier who has controversially defended the The Bell Curve. Quillette has published an article defending Charles Murray by Brian Boutwel who has associated with the alt-right, for example appearing on Stefan Molyneux's YouTube channel in 2017 for an hour long discussion about "human-biodiversity and criminality". In 2018, Quillette published an article by HBD pseudoscientist Adam Perkins.
Lehmann, in a 2017 interview, has said Quillette was founded to offer an "alternative to the blank slate view of human nature that appears to be dominant within the media ecosystem". In other words, Quillette identifies with hereditarianism, and sees itself as standing against social justice warriors and postmodernists who think that all differences between genders and races that they view as detrimental to non-white-males are at root caused by hate, oppression and "privilege".
Quillette contributors of interest to RationalWiki
- The Intellectual Dark Web an Alternative to Partisan Gridlock
- Toby Young spoke alongside Nazi who argues raping unconscious children is fine.
- Shamed Toby Young attended secret eugenics conference with neo-nazis and pedophiles. RT.
- How Toby Young Got Where He Isn't Today. The Guardian.
- All the sexist tweets deleted by Toby Young, the guy chosen by the government to advise on universities. Business Insider UK. 3 Jan 2018.
- Nine Of The Worst Things Toby Young Has Said. Huffington Post. 9 Jan 2018.
- Toby Young’s views on eugenics at least raise a much-needed debate. The National. 13 Jan 2018.
- My 2017 Constance Holden Memorial Address on Liberal Creationism.