| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Views and criticism
McCain is pro-life, and is in favor of gay marriage and comprehensive sex education, which has caused her to come under fire from Rush Limbaugh, for daring to support things that might actually help the Republican Party to appeal to the young.
In fact most wingnuts seem to really hate her guts, seeing her as not being a "true conservative Republican," and she has become a frequent target of reactionary sites such as Townhall.com. Katie Pavlich in particular really hates her, and Laura Ingraham has also decided that the best way to respond to Meghan is to make cracks about her weight (?). Michelle Malkin doesn't like her, nor does Ben Shapiro, and that's not even including the z-list fringe right lunatics. Again, since
most all of these people have a history of being less than stable it's really not hurting McCain's reputation among the reality-based community.
She has also come under fire as a nepotistic pretty face, who relies more on her sex appeal (which she admittedly has in abundance). However, she has so far managed to display more political acumen and greater policy expertise than talking heads and politicians who've been doing this for decades, including Tom Tancredo.
More recently, McCain has been attacked from the left for claiming in a TV interview that Antisemitism in the United States has less to do with Neo-Nazism than a single Muslim congresswoman from Minnesota.
- Like, totally embarrasing.
- The Politics of Size, The Daily Beast
- Malkin attacks Meghan McCain and Sandra Fluke, Media Matters
- Look at her boobs!
- Here is a bit about what Tancredo said and McCain's response.
- Arwa Mahdawi, "Meghan McCain, John McCain's daughter, is the very definition of toxic femininity," The Guardian, May 11, 2019. Accessed June 18, 2019.
- "Fox News Host Mocks Obamas Tears Over Sandy Hook", "Salon.com", January 6, 2016, accessed September 16, 2020.