| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Views and criticism
McCain is pro-life, but is in favor of gay marriage and comprehensive sex education, which has caused her to come under fire from Rush Limbaugh, for daring to support things that might actually help the Republican Party to appeal to the young.
In fact most wingnuts seem to really hate her guts, seeing her as not being a "true conservative Republican," and she has become a frequent target of reactionary sites such as Townhall.com. Katie Pavlich in particular really hates her, and Laura Ingraham has also decided that the best way to respond to Meghan is to make cracks about her weight (?). Michelle Malkin doesn't like her, nor does Ben Shapiro, and that's not even including the z-list fringe right lunatics. Again, since
most all of these people have a history of being less than stable it's really not hurting McCain's reputation among the reality-based community.
She has also come under fire as a nepotistic pretty face, who relies more on her sex appeal (which she admittedly has in abundance). However, she has so far managed to display more political acumen and greater policy expertise than talking heads and politicians who've been doing this for decades, including Tom Tancredo.
More recently, McCain has been attacked from the left for claiming in a TV interview that Antisemitism in the United States has less to do with Neo-Nazism than a single Muslim congresswoman from Minnesota.
In many ways, she is a moderate Republican. At least when she isn't:
B) Calling for the firing of Dr. Anthony Fauci because he "can’t tell me that if I get the vaccine, if I’ll be able to have dinner with my family" not to mention the inexcusable fact that "I, Meghan McCain, co-host of 'The View,' don’t know when or how I will be able to get a vaccine because the rollout for my age range and my health is so nebulous, I have no idea when and how I get it." 
C) Abusing her platform on The View to argue that "identity politics" will result in less qualified Asian people getting preferentially hired above more qualified white people, because that rascally senator (and war hero) Tammy Duckworth and Hawaii senator Mazie Hirono called for more Asian representation in Joe Biden's cabinet. 
- Like, totally embarrasing.
- The Politics of Size, The Daily Beast
- Malkin attacks Meghan McCain and Sandra Fluke, Media Matters
- Look at her boobs!
- Here is a bit about what Tancredo said and McCain's response.
- Arwa Mahdawi, "Meghan McCain, John McCain's daughter, is the very definition of toxic femininity," The Guardian, May 11, 2019. Accessed June 18, 2019.
- "Fox News Host Mocks Obamas Tears Over Sandy Hook", "Salon.com", January 6, 2016, accessed September 16, 2020.
- "Meghan McCain faces backlash after calling for Dr. Fauci's firing, complaining about vaccine rollout", "usatoday.com", February 22nd, 2021, accessed April 4th, 2021.,
- "Critics pounce on Meghan McCain’s comments about Asian representation on ‘The View'", "washingtonpost.com", March 25th, 2021, accessed April 4th, 2021.,