There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Conservapedia:Andy Schlafly on Eagle Forum Live
The show is featured on the Eagle Forum web site as two audio files running about 25 minutes each.
For your ease of navigation, we have chopped these up into short, coherent segments. There is a natural break in the original between each segment except for #1 and #2.
Each segment is provided as a discrete audio file, along with a complete transcription of the words the people said. The list below links to them, and alerts the intelligent reader to the "highlights" of that segment. Note, these do not automatically play (or load) the audio files, but the sound of these delightful people's voices does add to the pleasure of reading our delectable transcripts.
- Segment 1 4:36 - Mommy and Andy rap, part 1.
- Segment 2 4:43 - Mommy and Andy rap, part 2. The announcer says that her Conservapedia article "needs more content"
- Segment 3 2:32 - Bruce (announcer) says spell, momma says no!
- Segment 4 1:47 - Caller:
DonDean (Conservapedia administrator). Featuring the joys of the mental exercise of blocking liberals.
- Segment 5 2:20 - Caller: Lois. The liberals are infiltrating, Andy's homeschool "constitution".
- Segment 6 3:16 - Caller: Tyler (homskollar, one of Andy's students). Got a full ride at Liberty University.
- Segment 7 2:07 - Caller: Lisa (public school teacher).
- Segment 8 1:37 - The old days vs. new resources for the homeschooling movement. Just Andy and his mommy.
- Segment 9 2:18 - Caller: Andrew. Fear Obama! State laws on homeschooling, athletics.
- Segment 10 2:08 - Caller: Billy. Bible translating and phonics, Phyllis pimping her book. No Andy.
- Segment 11 2:21 - Caller: Dan. Pushing ID & creationism.
- Segment 12 1:22 - Caller:
MarcyMary: Some parents not capable of homeschooling. Andy: Yes they are!
- Segment 13 0:48 - Phyllis pimps her Turbo Reader book again, no caller, no Andy.
- Segment 14 0:15 - Caller: Joe. Prank caller! Prank caller!
- Segment 15 1:34 - Caller Gary's question asked by announcer regarding intimidating aspects of learning to teach, Andy pimping his courses.
- Segment 16 0:35 - Caller: Vesta. "Better spell it out, Andy."
- Segment 17 1:37 - Caller: John. Adult continuing education. Andy: "That's a superb point". Famous "homeschooled" people wank.
- Segment 18 1:46 - Caller: Chris (Homeschooling parent). Civil War stuff. Phyllis: "Most Americans know no US history". Andy: "Editing Conservapedia calms me after a stressful day." Phyllis pimps Eagle Forum University.
- Segment 19 3:13 - Caller: Paula. Introduces the giant Google and Wikipedia conspiracy to suppress Christianity. Phyllis and Andy stumble through a discussion of Search Engine Optimization. Andy: "Over 25,000 articles - and they are the most important ones, no trivia on Conservapedia!" Andy: "Over 75 million pageviews!" Come on down!
A third way
All the transcripts may be viewed on one long page here.
While this audio (and the transcriptions) are "presumably" copyright the Eagle Forum, the site itself has no formal announcement of copyright on their material - mostly just complaints about copyright law such as "Copyright extremists are working to control as much information as possible. Almost every week we see a new example of how they are thwarting the free flow of information."
They do, however, state: "REPRINT POLICY: We allow the copying or reposting of our articles as long as full credit is given to the author and Eagle Forum." So we did that.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the "Shows" box here. The show was also repeated on June 20 2009.
- "Come on down" is a New England in-joke, related to the Ernie Boch auto sales empire.