There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Their ass to your brain|
|Like and subscribe|
Harry Brewis, better known as hbomberguy or Harris Bomberguy[note 1], is a YouTube talker who identifies as an "extreme left" libertarian socialist. Brewis is known for his videos ridiculing right-wing, anti-feminist, and/or bigoted YouTubers.
Brewis' bread and butter is mocking the anti-feminist "skeptic" community on YouTube:
- Davis Aurini and Jordan Owen, creators of the "The Sarkeesian Effect"
- Rocking Mr. E, The Golden One, Sargon of Akkad
- JonTron: Mostly Tweets, video planned.
Although Brewis' YouTube content focuses on debunking others, his off-YouTube content is substantially more political. For example, on Ask.FM he wrote:
I'm a very far left socialist type with a reverence for the actual philosophers of the communist movement and their writings. While I'm often unsure what to label myself, what I want is a version of capitalism that actually works sustainably, and doesn't simply lurch from crisis to crisis while inflicting unethical labor on places that we don't think about as 'our problem' - working conditions rise in the west because we exported the dirtier, more shitty jobs elsewhere. Whether or not a 'version' of capitalism that doesn't have these aspects could even be called capitalism remains to be seen.
BTW: People complaining that the system doesn't support their ideas ARE describing a real problem. It's almost as if Capitalism is bad. Like, the system's ability to repress ideas by defunding them, when you need money to live, is a genuine issue. The solution is not this libertarian-tolerance approach where you try to berate advertisers into being unbiased[.] The solution is to create a society where not being monetised means you won't starve to death.
However, because Brewis' videos rarely feature his ideology, it seems unlikely that his viewers understand how extreme his views are, and it is difficult to know exactly what beliefs Brewis holds beyond a general far-left-ism.
- About, YouTube
- Hbomb on Patreon
- The Sarkeesian Effect: A Measured Response, YouTube
- Thunderf00t VS. FemiNAZI Ghostbusters: A Measured Response, YouTube
- Antifeminism VS FACTS, YouTube
- #FreeSargon: A Measured Response, YouTube
- Due Diligence, YouTube
- HOW TO FIX YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS, YouTube
- Hbomb's YouTube Censorship Addon, Chrome Web Store
- from:Hbomberguy socialism, Twitter
- , , , , , .
- , , , . See also .
- Darkest Dungeon and Ludonarrative
- Fallout 3 is Garbage and Here's Why
- THE NO MAN'S SKY RANT
- The Power of VHS|Scanline
- Power Fantasy, Male Objectification and Lady-Fanservice
- Bethesda VS. Critics: How to Save the Games Industry
- Bill Nye VS Pseudoscience (Part Two!) | Measured Response hbomberguy (YouTube). September 3, 2017.
And it's not just Rage that puts Crowder to shame. If you want to see his claims get debunked in more detail there are many good videos out there by the seminal and personally inspirational Potholer54.
- most likely a reference to Sir Arthur Harris aka "Bomber Harris"