| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
“”The only racial discrimination going on now in this country is a war on whites.
|—James Allsup on Twitter|
Allsup was a former Associate Editor at The Liberty Conservative and runs the Nationalist Review with Nicholas Fuentes, despite the two splitting up after a dispute. He was suspended from Twitter as of December 26, 2017. In August 2019, his YouTube channel was terminated for violating YouTube's terms of service. Before his channel was terminated, Allsup had over 451 thousand subscribers and 73.5 million views.
Libertarian or alt-right?
“”It is impossible to overstate the importance of this entire past week. From the events Friday night to the celebrations of Sunday night, things could not have gone better.
|—Allsup's comment on "The Alt-Right Triumphant" by AltRight.com on YouTube|
Allsup has rejected being labelled as alt-right or white nationalist. However, Allsup agrees with the alt-right and white nationalists on many issues. He agrees with racialism and frequently uses anti-Semitic dog whistles:
You have these groups like these Hispanic advocacy groups, La Raza, the different black advocacy groups. For a while their grievances have been kept at bay by the rootless, transnational globalist elites that control a lot of what's going on.
Allsup also believes there is a deliberate white genocide occurring. He regularly uses alt-right memes, dog whistles, euphemisms, in-jokes and terminology:
- "Cuck" / "cuckservative"
- "Cultural enrichment"
- "Deus vult"
- "Hate fact"
- "Human biodiversity"
- "Rapefugee" and "RWDS"
- "Red pilled"
- "Soy boy"
- "What would make this picture more diverse? Fewer white people? Almost as if diversity is a code word for anti-white."
- "White genocide"
- "You can't run, you can't hide, you get helicopter rides. #Antifa"
- "You will not replace us"
Allsup also has a page on "Hatreon", and he has sourced content for a video from at least one alt-right website. In "20 More Answers for Black People", Allsup links to an article from The Alternative Hypothesis. The about page for the website states that "we exist within the online community of people which has become the alt-right". Allsup has even admitted that he has referenced bits from alt-right and white supremacist blog The Right Stuff. In September 2017, he appeared on a podcast called Fash the Nation. If all of that wasn't enough, he is a member of the neo-Nazi group Identity Evropa.
Unite the Right rally
“”huge victory tonight!
|—Allsup's comment on "The Night Before C'ville" by AltRight.com on YouTube|
He participated in the August 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. According to Allsup, Charlottesville victim Heather Heyer was killed "accidentally".
Ban from Uber
In August 2017, Allsup was reported to have made racist remarks to his driver as they passed by National Museum of African-American History and Culture. This subsequently led to him being asked to leave the car, followed by his banning from using Uber.
Tenure in office
Surprisingly, Allsup was elected as a precinct committee officer for the Republican Party in June 2018, which was met with fierce opposition from the Republican National Committee. Not as surprisingly, upon discovering of Allsup's reputation, the Republican Party wisely voted to strip him of his powers in January 2019.
Interactions with other conservatives
|+||This section requires expansion.|
Being associated with the alt-right, it should not be a surprise that Allsup has been at odds with moderate conservatives.
Appearance on The Michael Knowles Show
Shortly following the Unite the Right rally, Michael Knowles of The Daily Wire interviewed Allsup concerning the rally. The interview was criticized by fans of Allsup, who accused Knowles of not letting Allsup speak and, in one YouTube commenter's words, "mak[ing] James Allsup contradict himself by twisting his questions around."
Views on Ben Shapiro
A video in October 2017 had Allsup criticizing Shapiro for removing a video from the The Daily Wire YouTube channel that had been criticized by the latter as being culturally insensitive towards Native Americans. Allsup, after first bashing Shapiro's disavowal of the alt-right and for wisely saying that ideology matters more than skin color, proceeded to label him a "cuck" for not "playing to win". Apparently, "playing to win" means "stirring up racial controversy in hopes of getting one's point across".
He has also whined about Shapiro's statement during his appearance on The Rubin Report about targeting racists and destroying their careers.
|—Allsup, promoting a debunked conspiracy theory, and using it to dog whistle about Holocaust denial|
- On conspiracy theories:
- On homosexuality:
- "Statistically, gays account for an extremely disproportionate amount of sexual abusers."
- "Why do gays only make up 2% of the population, yet make up approximately 30% of all child sex predators?"
- Claims to "not have a problem with gay marriage", yet is against gay adoption. (At least he
may notdoesn't think that being gay is a choice.)
- On race:
- On immigration:
- "America needs fewer immigrants, not more. Close the border and incentivize repatriation. They have to go back."
- On civic nationalism:
- "Imagine having 6 generations of American pioneer and explorer ancestors, and being told an imported Somali = just as American as you are! This is the problem with "civic nationalism." There's more to being an American than magic soil. One must be part of the American nation!"
- On democracy:
- It is "a mistake"
- On the alt-lite:
- On feminism:
- Archived tweet: https://archive.is/Hvx4o
- Fash the Nation Episode 89: Stranged and Confused 9-23-17. Gustaf Johanson (YouTube). September 23, 2017. (Archive)
- About "The Alternative Hypothesis. Archived link.
- Francovich, Eli. Former WSU College Republican president James Allsup radicalized campus politics, students say The Spokesman-Review. August 14, 2017.
- McKernan, Bethan. Syria chemical attack: Assad regime forces behind deadly sarin explosion, finds UN report. The Independent. October 27, 2017.
- James Allsup Joins Us On 'This Week on the Alt Right'. Bre Faucheux (YouTube). November 22, 2017.
Faucheux: Who are your top five favourite right-wing philosophers?
Allsup: That's a very good question. You have to read Evola, obviously. You need to read Julius Evola [...]