| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”Crowder's pleasure with himself and his sadistic use of physical power is obvious, thanks mostly to his expressive gestures, facial reddening, shrill vocal manipulations, and erratic hand movements. But his glee belies the worrisome nature of his work. Steeped in bigotry and violent humiliation, the point of most of the clips seems clear: Liberalism is a threatening pathology in need of urgent, punitive extermination—by whatever means are at hand.
Steven Crowder (1987–) is an actor, commentator, and comedian who
spouts out the Republican Party line on everything supports conservative views. (Unlike the other Steve C., it's not an act.) Crowder previously worked for Fox News and wrote for Breitbart.com's Big Hollywood section, frequently appears at CPAC, and regularly posts ersatz comedy on YouTube as well as "news" on his website, LouderWithCrowder.com.
As of December 2018, Crowder's YouTube channel had over 3 million subscribers and 635 million views.
“”I'm not a micro political guy, but tend to lean more conservative and Libertarian. I've got no ulterior motive. I'm not pushing any agenda. I don't care as much about the local political races as much as I do the over-reaching direction of where this country is going, but I do care. People get to hear the world as I see it. I'm not a hyper conservative, but I am a conservative. I literally don't have any other agenda than wanting to make people laugh.
Crowder produced his own comedic shorts until getting picked up by PJ Media in 2009, which caught the eye of Fox News that same year. Crowder worked for Fox News from 2009 to 2013. During that time, he appeared on Hannity and Cavuto. In 2013, after a seven-month period where he was not televised, Crowder criticized Fox in general and Hannity in particular for getting "bulldozed like a child" on a radio interview. Despite his public apology, he was shortly fired. After disappearing from Fox, Crowder started doing the speaker circuit rounds, apparently charging about $3,000-$5,000 per visit.
“”I'm a young conservative Christian who’s pretty edgy but never dirty.
|—Steven Crowder, interview with The Daily Beast|
“”Shut up, you old bag!
|—Steven Crowder, while waterboarding Nancy Pelosi|
Some of Crowder's more egregious videos are documented below.
In a video titled "GAY MARRIAGE!! (Featuring Gay Leprechaun)", Crowder begins by whining about being called a homophobe by "the left", when in fact he has very logical objections to same-sex marriage:
The left uses it all the time. If you don't agree with the homosexual bully pulpit 100% of the time, you're homophobic. Forget about any logical objections or counterarguments to things like same-sex marriage. You're simply afraid of the gays.
What are these objections? Well, for one, his feelings would be hurt if we called it "marriage":
“”If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership... . Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships. —Elton John
[mock gasp] But he must be one of those self-loathing homos. Or maybe, just maybe, he's logical in his thought process in that giving same-sex partnerships the same the same status as marriage may have more serious repercussions than we thought.
Just how many Americans are opposed to gay marriage? [on-screen stats show about 4 in 10 support same-sex marriage, 6 in 10 oppose] Why is there a comparable majority of Americans that support same-sex civil unions? [on-screen stats show about 6 in 10 support same-sex civil unions, 4 in 10 oppose] I'm gonna go with they must be racist homophobic hate-mongers.
Alright let's assume for a second that you assume marriage a fundamental civil right for everybody. Well, then, what happens if a church decides that they don't wanna marry two dudes? You can't deny people their civil rights, it's the law! So technically, if a church were to follow its own doctrine, they'd risk losing their tax-exempt status. And without a tax-exempt status, a church would cease to exist. So essentially, the government would be infringing upon the church. Isn't that a violation of one of the amendments or something?
Crowder is either being ignorant or being malicious on this claim. Even the Family Research Council says that "there is no significant risk that pastors and churches can be compelled by a court to solemnize, host, or perform a same-sex marriage ceremony".
In a video titled "The REAL GUANTANAMO BAY!!", Crowder asserts that Guantanamo Bay is a well-run beach community (he spends 2 minutes of 14 partaking in beach activities) where prisoners are treated fairly and provided numerous amenities. In contrast, Amnesty International has consistently found human rights violations (such as torture) and unjustified detention of civilians (without proper procedural or legal rights). This video features Crowder's manipulative use of language and imagery on full display. For example, Crowder shifts from discussing the rights provided to detainees, to implicitly blaming "liberals" for 9/11, to flatly asserting that all Gitmo detainees are terrorists, in just 15 seconds:
[W]hen you take into consideration that Gitmo once held more than 779 detainees and there are now only around 221 left, it would seem that more people are let free than actually detained. Which is of course a shame, as many of them, ah, actually returned to killing fellow Americans. Americans, liberals. Remember them? The victims in all of this.
[clips of 9/11 play with sad music in background for 15 seconds]
[Crowder as Crowder: ]It's important to remember that these detainees are terrorists, not prisoners. Terrorists, just like one of the 9/11 masterminds, Kaleef Sheikh Mohammad, who, thanks to Obama, is now enjoying an all-expenses paid trip to New York, as he awaits his American trial.
Truth is, most of the guns on this ban list are nothing more than your trusty ol' semi-automatic. And for those sissies who don't know, nearly every handgun nowadays is a semi-automatic. This is just a part of the Obama Administration's multi-pronged approach to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. And they're not the first! Plenty of successful leaders have implemented gun control in the past. Hitler, Stalin, Che Guevara, and now we've got Pelosi and pals!
Of course,  Obama did institute policies that resulted in gun confiscations in the case of medical marijuana patients in his home state of Hawaii ,  Hitler expanded gun rights (for the "right kind" of citizens), although he did strip these rights from Jews and other so-called "undesirables," and  Ché Guevara, who was a literal armed revolutionary against a tyrannical government, only briefly held office in the following Castro regime.
Crowder has repeatedly lied or misrepresented evidence in his political commentator career, as you may have noticed from the above.
Potholer54 climate change debacle
In 2017, Crowder argued with British science journalist Peter Hadfield (aka Potholer54) over a Louder with Crowder episode titled "Top 5 'Climate Change' Myths". Crowder's arguments were hilariously bad:
- Crowder argued that climate scientists encourage support for Big Government by lying about AGW to guilt liberals.
- Crowder argued that all climate scientists believe "gender to be a figment of the imagination", as if this were unscientific or discredited their work in climate science.
- Crowder argued that NASA confirmed a global net gain of ice of 82bn tons and that this is evidence of cooling when in fact this figure was only for Antarctica and that Greenland had lost 269bn tons in the same period).
- Crowder argued that an increase of polar bear numbers (which followed a ban on hunting) as proof that climate change is not harming polar bears.
- Crowder argued that climate change models are worthless because the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) was unable to predict an exact number of hurricanes per year.
- Crowder also cited Christopher Monckton's and Tim Ball's claims that NOAA is fraudulent as evidence that climate change is itself bogus.
Following this, Crowder challenged Hadfield to a debate. Hadfield refused because no topic or time of day was proposed and therefore a formal debate could not be prepared. Updates as to the debate discussions were brought up in subsequent Hadfield videos. Haldfield agreed to participate in a livestream debate scheduled for April 27, but Crowder failed to appear.
Ashley Judd's iPhone rape
At the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference, Crowder stated, "...Ashley Judd just tweeted that buying Apple products, again, is akin to rape. From her iPhone."
Judd wrote a 2010 essay (not "just tweeted" by 3 years, and not Twitter at all) in which she expressed grief at learning that electronic products are manufactured in countries in conflict. In such countries, women are often sexually assaulted by militia members.
Union thuggery and misleading editing
“”In December 2012, Fox News aired a video that would briefly obsess the conservative blogosphere. At a Right to Work rally in Michigan, one of Fox’s young contributors was punched in the face by a union member. It was evidence, a parade of Fox pundits stressed, of “union thuggery.” On Fox and Friends, anchor Steve Doocy wondered what his colleague had done “that so provoked the left.” But an extended version of the video, aired ironically on Fox News’ Hannity, revealed that the original clip had been edited, removing footage of the puncher being pushed to the ground prior to throwing a punch in return.
Alt-right smear campaign
In September 2016, Andrew Anglin of The Daily Stormer started a
"meme" smear campaign where he used fake Tweets to claim that Crowder is the leader of the alt-right and advocates for another Holocaust, seemingly in the hopes of ruining Crowder's reputation à la Ben Garrison. The "meme" was picked up by David Duke, 4chan's /pol/, and The Right Stuff, which released a fake podcast titled "White Power with Crowder". Trolls on Twitter defamed Crowder on the hashtag #CrowderFacts.
In reality, Crowder is passionately pro-Israel and opposes antisemitism. He also believes Barack Obama is antisemitic, so don't feel too bad about him being slandered in the same manner. Crowder mocked the alt-right when Donald Trump appeared to be on good terms with Benjamin Netanyahu. Alt-right organizer Richard Spencer asserted that "most of the stuff [Crowder] says is just off-the-shelf conservatism that isn’t remotely dangerous or new."
- As a child, Crowder voiced the Brain on the PBS animated series Arthur.
- In 2012, Crowder married Hilary Crowder (née Korzon).
- See the Wikipedia article on Steven Crowder.
- Why NOT Having Sex Might be Good for You, by Steven Crowder
- Delaney Rohan, "Comedian Steven Crowder." Generation Progress: Dec. 17, 2009.
- Big Hollywood: Steven Crowder
- YouTube: Steven Crowder
- , YouTube
- , The Courier of Montgomery County, Russell Ledbetter ( )
- , The Daily Beast, Caitlin Dickson
- , YouTube
- , Mediaite
- Exclusive-Fox News: Steven Crowder Attacking Hannity Confirms 'Decision to Part Company with Him', Breitbart.com
- Steven Crowder, Young America's Foundation
- GAY MARRIAGE!! (Featuring Gay Leprechaun), YouTube
- Can Pastors and Churches Be Forced to Perform Same-Sex Marriages?, Family Research Council
- , YouTube
- Response to "DEBUNKED: Top 5 "Climate Change" Myths" by Louder with Crowder
- The latest climate error from Steve Crowder.
- Steve Crowder gets it wrong again… and again... (and yet again!).
- Steve Crowder and potholer54 on Climate Change.
- Tim Murphy, "CPAC: Where Ashley Judd Rape Jokes Happen." Mother Jones: March 18, 2013.
- Steven Crowder Seizes Leadership of the Alt-Right, Calls for “Total Extermination” of “Ratfaced Kike Vermin”, The Daily Stormer
- Has Alt-Right Leader Steven Crowder Gone Too Far?, The Daily Stormer
- Gavin McInnes , TakiMag,
- , /pol/
- , /pol/
- WHITE POWER WITH CROWDER episode 14.88: RaHoWa Begins November 9th, The Right Stuff
- Steven Crowder is Living a Happy Married Life With Wife Hilary Crowder, All About Their Love Life