There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Joshua Lee Axe
| Against allopathy|
Dr. Joshua Lee Axe practices
quackery chiropractic and naturopathic medicine in Tennessee. He has doctorates in chiropractic and naturopathic medicine; he is not a medical doctor. He is also a Certified Nutrition Specialist. Allegedly his "DrAxe" website receives over 100 million visits per year. Assuming this is true, his website receives more visitors than Doctor Oz, Dr. Mercola or NaturalNews.
Dr. Axe makes money by selling
dirt sandwiches nutritional supplements that contain — among other things — a "Soil and Plant based probiotic and prebiotic blend with 5 billion cfu…[note 1] Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus clausii, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus sbutilis, Bacteriophage[note 2] Blend (Myoviridae T4, Myoviridae LH01, Myoviridae LL12, Siphoviridae LL5)".
I wanna get off Dr. Axe's wild ride
Dr. Axe warns customers against consuming heavy metals, whilst simultaneously pushing bentonite clay, a quack-treatment which contains potentially hazardous levels of the toxic heavy metals arsenic, cadmium, chromium, and lead.
Dr. Axe recommends chelation as a treatment for autism, despite the fact it has not been shown to work, and can be hazardous to the patient.
- The Dr. Axe website
- The quack Miranda warning on the Dr. Axe website is not only in small-print, it's also in low-contrast.
- The Dr. Axe YouTube channel.
- More on Dr. Axe's promotion of bentonite-clay by Mark Aaron Alsip.
- Dr. Axe's
snakeessential-oil program is only $197.00
- Dr. Axe is co-founder of "Ancient Nutrition" : who offer nutritional supplements.
- A photo of Dr. Axe posing with Dr. Oz, and Jolly Roger.
- Mike Adams has Dr Axe's (competing) "Ancient Nutrition" protein-powder in the cross-hairs of his mass-spectrometer.
- About Dr. Axe Dr. Axe.
- Apparently Dr Axe's chiropractor-license expired in 2013.
- Where To Get Professional Nutrition Advice by Stephen Barrett. Quackwatch.
- "www.DrAxe.com ... has over 11 Million visitors a month." says "PaleoFx.com".
- 2017 comparison of "Dr. Axe.com" with competing websites,
(the "SE traffic" figures are monthly visitors via Google Search Engine).
- Affiliate Disclosure Dr. Axe. In the small-print Dr. Axe states he's on-commission.
- 20 Unique Apple Cider Vinegar Uses and Benefits Dr. Axe
- Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits that Make It Superior to Table Salt Dr. Axe
- 8 Proven Colloidal Silver Benefits, Uses and Side Effects Dr. Axe
- Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It by Josh Axe (2016). Harper Wave. ISBN 0062433644.
- Book summary on Google Books. Dr. Axe offers simple ways to get these needed microbes, from incorporating local honey and bee pollen into your diet to forgoing hand sanitizers and even ingesting a little probiotic-rich soil.
- Compare: Probiome RX Adrenal Restore Dr. Axe. "Contains Rhodiola rosea, Holy Basil and Schizandra [...] INGREDIENTS: 5 Billion CFUs* per serving, Plant- and Soil-Based Organisms, Prebiotics, 10 Adaptogen Superfoods and Herbs"
- 10 Proven Bentonite Clay Benefits and Uses Dr. Axe
- Best Bentonite Clay by Best Bentonite: FDA Alert — Risk of Lead Poisoning (03/23/2016) U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Bentonite Clay Nutrition Dr. Axe (archived from February 17, 2017). A table from Dr. Axe acknowledging that bentonite clay contains lead and other toxic metals.
- With a sunburned face, Dr. Axe has the cheek to lecture his audience about protection from radiation.
- YouTube where Dr. Axe tells his audience microwave ovens & cellphones cause cancer.
- "autism-natural-treatment", from Dr. Axe.
- Fight Cancer & Detoxify with a Coffee Enema Dr. Axe
- Why I DON’T Eat a Paleo Diet… But Close Dr. Axe writes "I personally am a creationist." (archived from February 17, 2017)
- Graphic from Dr. Axe, at bottom right he recommends acupuncture for dysphagia.