Kennedy might refer to:
A family name of Irish origin. There are many famous Kennedys,[note 1] for example former Supreme Court member Anthony Kennedy. However, the most famous Kennedys, even to those living in Ireland, are the Kennedys of Massachusetts. Those Kennedys include:
- Joseph P. Kennedy Sr.: Patriarch of the Kennedy clan. Alleged to have been involved with organized crime during Prohibition (but only long after the fact), he later parlayed his fortune into several government posts, including being U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom.
- Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald-Kennedy: Daughter of a Massachusetts politician, pushed her sons into politics.
- Joseph P. Kennedy II: Oldest Kennedy child, killed in a training accident during World War II. Was "supposed" to be president.
- John F. Kennedy: 35th President of the United States — aka, JFK.
- John F. Kennedy Jr: America's "Most Eligible Bachelor" until he got married, died in an airplane accident. He is the center of many QAnon conspiracy theories, with many QAnoners believing that he's still alive.
- Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg: former U.S. Ambassador to Japan.
- Patrick Bouvier Kennedy: Premature baby who died shortly after being born.
- Rosemary Kennedy: Possibly had bi-polar disorder but was lobotomized (as was standard practice in the 1940s) and lived her life incapacitated.
- Kathleen Cavendish (nee Kennedy): Married an English nobleman killed in an airplane accident in France in 1948.
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver: Wife of Peace Corps founder. Later founded the Special Olympics in honor of her sister Rosemary.
- Patricia Kennedy Lawford: Married actor Peter Lawford.
- Robert F. Kennedy: John's Attorney General, later a U.S. Senator representing New York — aka, RFK, assassinated while campaigning for the 1968 Democratic presidential nomination.
- Joseph Kennedy II: Robert's oldest son, named in honor of his uncle. He was a Massachusetts congressman from 1987-1999, succeeding former Speaker of the House Thomas "Tip" O'Neill. Before and after his tenure in Congress he worked at a non-profit called Citizen's Energy, which distributed oil to low income houses. The main donor: PVDSA, the state oil company of Venezuela. He seemed to like Hugo Chavez but not so much his successor Nicolás Maduro.
- Chris Kennedy: Robert's son, leader of the Illinois branch of the family; businessman, philanthropist, and was a Democratic candidate for Governor of Illinois in 2018.
- Robert Kennedy, Jr.: Robert's son, a lawyer specializing in product liability and environmental issues, and a co-host on the liberal talk radio program Ring of Fire. Nowadays, however, he is best known for being one of the most prominent anti-vaxxers.
- Saoirse Kennedy Hill: Daughter of Courtney Kennedy Hill and granddaughter of RFK. Died at 22 in 2019 of an apparent drug overdose.
- Jean Kennedy Smith: Former US Ambassador to Ireland.
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy: The youngest of Joseph Senior's sons and a long-serving U.S. Senator representing Massachusetts. With almost 47 years on the Senate, he was the fifth-longest-serving senator in US history.
- Patrick J. Kennedy: A former congressman from Rhode Island from 1995 to 2011, when as a 29 year old nearly got into a brawl with a member three times his age over guns. Also had a DUI incident on Capitol grounds.
- Note that the plural is not spelled "Kennedies."