There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Patriot Action Network
| Someone is wrong on|
Patriot Action Network was a batshit crazy networking site where any radical right activist could post their opinions or start their own blog and receive validation from fellow wingnuts. The site's stated purpose was to unite Tea Party activists and "patriots". The site appears to have given up the ghost sometime in 2015.
Conspiracy theories, ranging from chemtrails, global warming denialism, and the New World Order, to the Illuminati, and NAFTA littered the site. Conspiracy theories centered around Barack Obama were especially popular: Birtherism is well-represented, as was the fear that Obama is going to take everyone's guns.
Patriot Action Network makes National Review Online look liberal on LGBT issues. They were vehemently homophobic; one blogger believes that "sodomites are a bigger threat to the United States than terrorism". Another encouraged people to harass the President of the Richmond Federal Reserve Bank until the bank took down a gay pride flag that was flying outside. Darla Dawald posted "Patriot Action Alerts" about gays being allowed to join the Boy Scouts and supported a petition to continue the ban.
- Darla Dawald: The nutty "National Director" of the site. She has promoted the idea that there is a War on Christmas, global warming denialism, and John Hagee's New World Order nonsense. She likes to address the site's users as "patriots" and likes exclamation marks even more.
- Sarah Pitta: The Massachusetts state director. Her posts are usually about the progressive War on Christmas and Christianity. She's also pushed conspiracy theories around healthcare rationing under ObamaCare and compares Obamacare to Nazi eugenics.
- Carl Gottstein: A moderator on the site who is constantly paranoid that Obama is trying to give illegal immigrants amnesty.
There are many more members but documenting all their nuttiness just isn't worth the effort.
- ANONYMOUS ILLUMINATI COMMITTEE 300. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 28 April 2012.
- "The photos are proof we tell you!"
- AHHHH CHEMTRAILS!
- You didn't think they'd believe in it, did you?
- Birthers' Delight - Part 2. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 28 December 2010.
- Obama might not even be his real name
- Obama Has NOT Given Up on Taking Your Guns Away. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 21 May 2009.
- Evolution. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 16 May 2009.
- Sally Kerns Oklahoma Representive (R) is Right Sodomy Will Doom America. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 25 November 2012.
- Why Is There a Gay Pride Flag Flying at the Federal Reserve in Richmond, VA? Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 3 June 2011.
- What do they call an ACTUAL alert? Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 4 February 2013.
- Help Stop The First 'Transexual' Cartoon Being Pushed To Indoctrinate Our Children To Homosexual Lifestyle. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 21 June 2013.
- Darla Dawald at c-span.org.
- Do you hear what I hear? No one is saying Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings this year! Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 19 December 2010.
- Al Gore Prevented a US Revolution, Created the internet, and has warned the world about Global Warming. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 1 May 2013.
- John Hagee, Coming of the New World Order Part 1 of 3. Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 6 December 2009.
- Public Schools...The Anti-Christ? Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 18 December 2009.
- Health Care Rationing and Eugenics in New Breast/Cervical Cancer Screening Guidlines (sic) Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 20 November 2009.
- BY PRESIDENTIAL DECREE! Obama orders Backdoor amnesty....YOU OK WITH THAT? Archived from the original at patriotaction.net, 20 August 2011.