There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Someone is wrong on|
RenewAmerica.com is a fringe right website that promotes Christian fundamentalism and makes Townhall.com look sane in comparison (though some of their pundits also post on TownHall, their overall crazification factor is significantly higher). In fact, it is so far to the right it has criticized Roger Ailes and Fox News for not being conservative enough.
The site is openly homophobic and long winded rants about how gay marriage is "Satanic", and will bring about God's punishment, are not uncommon. The site also carries extreme homophobe Bryan Fischer's column, where he posts nonsense, such as claiming gays ran the Nazi Party (and thus "forgetting" that thousands of gays were murdered in concentration camps by the Nazis. You can't get real wingnuttery without a pinch of Holocaust denial, right?).
Being a far-right website, it also promotes the usual suspects, including:
- Global warming is a lie.
- Evolution is a lie.
- Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are secretly Muslim "sleeper cells".
- Abortion is a black genocide, even though the African American community's population is expected to double by 2050.
- IMPEACH OBAMA!!!
Meet the wingnuts
The site lets any fundamentalist with something of a reputation contribute articles, leading to the site having a ton of contributers. This is just some of their more notable columnists.
- Michael Bresciani
- Writes about the coming rapture and how we must soon do battle with the Antichrist.
- Tim Dunkin
- Predicted a "solid" Mitt Romney victory in 2012. And a McCain victory in 2008.
- Bryan Fischer
- Fred Hutchison
- Goes on long rants against the evolutionist "old guard" of the scientific community because they oppose Intelligent Design.
- Alan Keyes
- Cliff Kincaid
- Hates Glenn Greenwald with a passion and calls Obama a socialist. Likes to engage in red-baiting because he's apparently unaware that the USSR collapsed.
- Barbara Kralis
- Has pushed conspiracy theories about abortion being a "minority genocide".
- Rev. Austin Miles
- Creationist who mocks the Big Bang Theory and has called Carl Sagan "corrupt". Quote mines Sagan to make arguments.
- Mary Mostert
- Global warming denialist who uses Christopher Monckton as an appeal to authority in her arguments.
- Laurie Roth
- Thinks Obama has sided with radical Muslims who support Sharia law. She also thinks gay marriage will lead to the legalization of bestiality.
- Grant Swank
- Gave us that lovely "evolution is a crock" quote.
- Marsha West
- Religious lunatic who opposes yoga because, in her words, "According to God's Word, mystical practices of any sort are evil".
- Sher Zieve
- Quite possibly the most batshit insane member of the site, which is really saying something. Her screeds freqently go into self-parody territory.
- Steve Kellmeyer
- Rabidly batshit Christian author who compares homosexuals to murderers, parrots David Barton 'America as a Christian Nation' talking points, and has a habit of using the PIDOOMA method of fact gathering to back up his assertions. Also claims secular humanism promotes abuse of women.
- At least the "sleeper cells" part is kind of original in it's craziness.
- Nearly all the writers seem to be Birthers
- Hey, it's Alan Keyes!
- That description was actually toned down compared to his articles.
- It's really long
- She actually says "slippery slope", not realizing it's a logical fallacy.
- She really, really hates yoga
- In this column she tries to compare Common Core to Nazism and Marxism
- Who needs facts when you can resort to borderline slander, amirite?!
- Because ALL atheists love beating their wives; it's part of our moral code. Or something.