| Gay free zone|
|Fighting the gay agenda|
|That ye be not judged|
Scott Lively (born 1957) is a Christian fundamentalist who pretends to be a historian, blaming gays for nearly everything including communism, Islam, terrorism, the Holocaust, natural disasters, and the price of Saudi oil. Unsurprisingly, he is also an enthusiastic backer of Donald Trump.
In particular, he co-authored, with Kevin Abrams, the book The Pink Swastika, a propaganda piece where Godwin's Law is at work when dealing with homosexuality. In the book, Lively claims that gays are responsible for establishing the Nazi Party. Multiple professional historians have found large numbers of historical inaccuracies in the book. Sadly, many people detached from reality, wanting gays to look as bad as possible, have bought into it. Lively is also keen to rewrite reality as needed – if called on the fact that 15,000 gays were killed in the Holocaust, Lively will argue that the Nazis in power were butch homosexuals seeking to purge the "femmes" from the population. This is one of Lively's more popular debate tactics - any hate crimes against homosexuals were either faked, examples of "gay-on-gay violence," or exaggerated so that the victim incited a violence response that was nonetheless exaggerated by the media.
Lively is being sued in a Massachusetts court for "crimes against humanity" by an organization named "Sexual Minorities of Uganda" due to his hand in the infamous Ugandan 'Kill The Gays' bill passed a month after he visited Uganda. The Liberty Counsel is defending him. Lively denies he has had any influence on the making this law (which he considered a bit "harsh"); instead, he would have preferred legislation that enforced some form of conversion therapy. This comes on the back on Lively giving lectures and saying "the Rwandan stuff involved these guys", pointing to the word "Monster" scribbled on a flipchart and referring to gay people as "the Nazis".
It goes without saying that Scott Lively has a strong affiliation with those who are opposed to homosexuality on political or religious grounds. He is the president of the Pro-Family Resource Center. Lively is apparently so desperate for allies that he's decided that anyone who's disagreed with the particular tactics of the gay rights movement is his new best buddy, even when they're not. He has preached against the Human Rights Campaign, and his need to drink deeply of the wingnut kool-aid on this issue also involves acting as a major figure in Uganda's anti-gay legislative campaigns and carrying the torch for Jerome Corsi's hilariously bizarre claim that Barack Obama was once secretly married to his Pakistani roommate. More recently, Lively has claimed that Obama is secretly gay because he... went on a trip with a male aide but without his wife. In Lively's lively imagination, two men travelling together can only mean one thing: constant, pulsating horny gay buttsex, obviously.
Despite all this, Lively got a bit thin-skinned in August 2012 on the subject of the Southern Poverty Law Center describing him as a virulent homophobe (mainly for his work with Abiding Truth Ministries) and demanded that they "CEASE and DESIST labeling (him) as a hater" (screaming capital letters his). It's difficult to say why Lively would make any real argument as to why he shouldn't be typified as a professional homophobe, since he's also convinced that it's perfectly okay to threaten mob action against people who don't jump on his paranoia bandwagon.
In a sop to biblical literalists, Lively is also running around trying to convince people of a similar mindset that toleration of homosexuality (or as he puts it, "writing
Song of Songs songs to homosexual marriage") was a trigger for Noah's Flood. Talking of songs, "The Rainbow Belongs To God" (released not by Lively but a Danish pastor living in Israel) is so cringeworthy, it's really worth a watch. In the words of Lively, "You will be blessed by this amazing song".
Lively is also the author of 7 Steps to Recruit-Proof Your Child, which features a number 7 on the cover that suspiciously resembles the gay rights lambda symbol, and Redeeming the Rainbow, which is currently only in e-book format, and has a gay rights rainbow flag design on the cover. We'll abstain from any Haggard's Law accusations, especially as Lively has made a point of explicitly stating that he is not gay, in a 2010 interview with Jason Jones on The Daily Show.
He's also fond of Imprecatory prayer-fueled strangeness that includes God as a strip club-burning vigilante and a casino-destroying capo di tutti i capi. His website DefendtheFamily.com took a step further down in similar-smelling muck when it asserted that an increase in cases of bacterial meningitis among gay men was a form of divine judgment.
Lively actually took credit for Russia's passage of extremely repressive laws banning free speech in order to combat what he subtly deemed "homosexual propaganda". He also thinks that Russia is now a "beacon of freedom" due to its war against T3h Ev1l Gay (comparing it to the struggle against Nazism, of course); conversely, he now thinks that the US and UK are both morphing into gay versions of the Soviet Union, whatever that means.
He's an American, but his organization Watchman on the Walls is based in, of all places, Latvia. He has also appeared in a majorly homophobic Russian TV film Sodom (copying his Ugandan tactics of promoting homophobia abroad), preaching all kinds of nonsense about the LGBT community to a greater audience, such as linking LGBT rights to the CIA, MK ULTRA, transhumanism, free love, surrogacy and "genetic manipulation to remove memory" by mixing human genetics with those of other animals, and the Ukrainian revolution.
Having too much hatred bottled inside of him to only unleash on gays, Lively has also railed against "fake Jews", who he sees as promoting the gay agenda and what not. Like most right-wing cranks, he also promotes a cornucopia of conspiracy theories surrounding George Soros.
Scott Lively has attacked Milo Yiannopoulos and accused him of being a Nazi, though only because he links all gays to Nazism rather and not because of any of Milo's racist remarks, which are par for the course among extreme, Trump-loving right-wingers like Lively.  
- More related Hitler misconceptions
- "The rainbow belongs to God": an NBC report on Lively's international activities
- A short graphic novel illustrating the climate of hate that Lively has spawned in Uganda.
- Christine Mueller. "The Other Side of the Pink Triangle: Still a Pink Triangle." Pink Triangle. 1994 October 24.
- Jon David Wyneken. "A historian’s analysis of The Pink Swastika, part 2." Warren Throckmorton's blog. 2009 June 9.
- "Chapter Five." The Annotated Pink Swastika. 2008 August 28.
- Citizens Allied for Civic Action. "Annotated Pink Swastika." Queer Resources Directory. 1997 August 9.
- "Scott Lively: Anti-Gay Violence in Russia is Committed by Butch Homosexuals." Joe. My. God. 2013 November 20.
- Watchmen Leader Gives Bizarre Account of Gay-Bashing Death." Hatewatch. 2007 October 19.
- "Ugandan Gay Rights Group Sues U.S. Evangelist", The New York Times 14 March 2012
- "Judge Clears Path for Groundbreaking Lawsuit against Scott Lively" Southern Poverty Law Center 16 August 2013
- Liberty Counsel Wants Us To Forget That Scott Lively Helped Craft Uganda’s Anti-LGBT Law
- Brian Tashman. "Scott Lively Defends his Anti-Gay Activism in Uganda while Denying Role in Crafting the Anti-Homosexuality Bill." Right Wing Watch. 2012 May 7.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Uganda and Pepe Julian Onziema Pt. 1 (HBO), 8:02–8:09.
- "A Dozen Major Groups Help Drive the Religious Right’s Anti-Gay Crusade." Intelligence Report. Southern Poverty Law Cente. Spring 2005.
- Casey Sanchez. "Latvian Anti-Gay Movement Spills Over to U.S." Intelligence Report. Southern Poverty Law Center. Fall 2007.
- Ed Brayton. "Awww. Scott Lively Wants to Be Friends." Dispatches from the Culture Wars. 2012 August 1.
- Russia Insider (August 3, 2016). "LGBT EXPOSED - Hard-Hitting, Major Russian TV Film (SODOM) HD Eng Dub". YouTube.
- Jeffrey Gettleman. "Americans’ Role Seen in Uganda Anti-Gay Push." New York Times. 2010 January 3.
- Brian Tashman. "Scott Lively Pushes Claim that Obama Was Once Married to a Man." Right Wing Watch. 2012 August 10.
- Anti-gay evangelist Scott Lively claims to have found proof that Obama is gay, PinkNews
- Evelyn Schlatter. "18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda." Intelligence Report. Southern Poverty Law Center. Winter 2010.
- Ed Brayton. "Lively Wants Off Hate List." Dispatches from the Culture Wars. 2012 August 23.
- Ed Brayton. "Lively Encourages Mob Violence to Stop ‘Gay Fascism’." Dispatches from the Culture Wars. 2012 September 7.
- Scott Lively Warns 'Wedding Songs to Homosexual Marriage' are Responsible for Noah's Flood and End Times, Right Wing Watch
- Duffy, Nick. "Anti-gay pastor Scott Lively backs cringeworthy 'Rainbow' song". Pink News. 24 June 2014.
- "Contents." Seven Steps to Recruit-Proof Your Child. Defend the Family.
- Gay Reichs - The Daily Show 2:23-2:33.
- Pastor Scott Lively: Maybe God blew up Scores strip club; Springfield explosion was 'answer to our prayers', Masslive.com
- Scott Lively's Mafia God, Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- Scott Lively Links Gay Man's Death from Meningitis to Divine Judgment, Right Wing Watch
- Lively Loves Bigoted Russian Oppression, Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- Lively: Russia A 'Beacon Of Freedom' While US Is A 'Gay Version Of The Soviet Union', Right Wing Watch