Welcome to RW
Since you don't seem to be insane
Because of your edits to and the wiki, Autopatrolled has been added to your user rights. This lets you bypass most of the abuse filters, bypass the CAPTCHA, and edit more frequently. If you have questions,
bleat ask away.
We hope you enjoy your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ — and these external tools:
- Rbutr shows user-submitted rebuttals to your current webpage.
- Google Scholar Button (Chrome, Firefox) searches your highlighted text in Google Scholar. Easily check academic citations!
- web.archive.org and archive.is can save permanent copies of webpages. Never lose a crank website or racist Tweet ever again!
What kind of 20 year old learns DELPHI as their main language??
@Ikanreed: While I do profess to have a certain advanced knowledge of Delphi, it is definitely not my main language. In South Africa, Delphi is the required programming language to learn when taking computer science as a subject at school. I haven't touched it in years (in fact, I should probably downgrade myself to intermediate). -- BlackWhite Speak 18:53, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Fair enough. But also what's wrong with your schools? That is an ancient language to be teaching new programmers. It's so old that I'm pretty sure the greek oracle was named after it, not the other way around. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 20:27, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
@Ikanreed: :P There is a lot wrong with our schools (government ones, anyway). Nevertheless, I'm sure Delphi was chosen because it saves the programmer a lot of tedious GUI programming, and lets them jump straight into the design and problem-solving process. Good for an introduction. -- BlackWhite Speak 21:26, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Don't think I'll blow your mind with this, but C#, Java, and python all have WYSIWYG GUI editors nowadays. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 21:59, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
@Ikanreed You're right, of course. Let me rephrase: Our Department of Basic Education only considered three languages for the national curriculum; Delphi, Java, and VB. Unfortunately, Java was ruled out as too complicated! -- BlackWhite Speak 23:07, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Tabula Rasa Whatever the Party says it is. t(-_-t)
- I read a cool short story some time ago called 2 + 2 = 5. It was about how people can delude themselves into believing whatever they want. BlackWhite Speak 20:04, 15 May 2019 (UTC)