Arnar Styr Björnsson
| Nordic power &|
|Movements & parties|
Arnar Styr Björnsson (1987–) is an Icelandic political activist, white supremacist, neo-Nazi and Holocaust denier. He self identifies as a National Socialist and is a member of Norðurvígi, the Icelandic branch of the Nordic Resistance Movement. On Twitter he has promoted Nazism, racialism, and Islamophobia.
Arnar studied theology at the University of Iceland, and graduated with a BA degree in 2017. His thesis was on the German Christian theologians Friedrich Schleiermacher, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Adolf von Harnack.
Arnar speaks Icelandic, English, German, Danish, Swedish, ancient Greek and Portuguese.
Promotion of Norðurvígi
“”[I am] ...very impressed by what the German National Socialist Party stood for. I don't think everything that's said about the Holocaust is true… I haven't really acquainted myself with it in particular but I think it's lied about a lot.
|—Arnar speaking in 2019.|
Norðurvígi is a token branch of the pan-Nordic hate group Nordic Resistance Movement. Despite having a website and being a recognized branch of the NMR, it has no physical reality beyond a few adherents who infrequently meet. Arnar was the Icelandic figurehead for the group's first public rally, which was attended by the leader of the NMR, Simon Lindberg, who visited Iceland to attend. Although the NMR claimed 20 activists at the event, there did not seem to be even that many. The police attended the event but did not stop it, and there was a counter-rally a month later named, "Iceland against Nazis", attended by approximately 500 people.
Arnar has written essays for the website Counter-Currents under the pen name Asklepios. The topics of his essays are mostly philosophy, theology and history.
- Stundin; Freyr Rögnvaldsson, Jóhann Páll Jóhannsson, September 5, 2019 : Íslenskur nýnasisti á Lækjartorgi: Hrifinn af Nasistaflokknum og efast um helförina
- Ritstjórn DV ; July 10, 2019 : Fyrrverandi formaður félags stúdenta við HÍ gegn ESB auglýsir nasískar skoðanir sínar
- Arnar Styr Björnsson profile on hi.academia.edu
- University of Iceland; Candidates graduation Saturday, February 18, 2017
- PDF of thesis: Kenningar Schleiermachers, Hegels og Harnacks um trúarbrögðin
- skemman.is record
- OATD record
- Herjan on Facebook
- Iceland Review; Jelena Ćirić, September 6, 2019 : Neo-Nazi Event Spurs Protest in Iceland
- Nordfront; August 8, 2019: RN DIRECT # 134: Resistance in Iceland (propaganda statement by the NMR)
- Nordfront; August 5, 2019: The Nordic resistance movement wrote history in Iceland (propaganda statement by the NMR)
- Arnar's essays on Counter-currents as Asklepios