Nordic Resistance Movement
| Nordic power &|
|Movements & parties|
The Nordic Resistance Movement (Icelandic: Norræna mótstöðuhreyfingin; Danish: Den Nordiske Modstandsbevægelse; Norwegian: Den nordiske motstandsbevegelsen; Swedish: Nordiska motståndsrörelsen; Finnish: Pohjoismainen vastarintaliike; abbreviated NRM) is a neo-Nazi organization active in Scandinavia. Several of their members have committed violent crimes and made death threats to left-leaning politicians.
The organization aims to create a Fascist state across the Nordic countries, then expand into the Baltic countries. Created about 1997 by a Swede, Klaus Lund, as the Svenska Motståndsrörelsen, it later gained sections in Finland and Norway as well, becoming the Nordic Resistance Movement in 2016. There was a Danish group for short time, and there was an attempt to expand into Iceland with recruitment from the Icelandic National Front.
Norway’s PST (Police Security Service) characterizes the organization as consisting largely of
many fine people on both sides high-school dropouts and drug addicts with histories of violent crime, and says their members fit similar profiles to those radicalized into Islamist terror groups.
In August 2019, some NRM members formed a breakaway group, Nordisk Styrka, so they could be even more violent.
- NRM website (Finnish)
- NRM website (Norwegian)
- NRM website (Swedish)
- Rasekrigerne ("The Race Warriors"), episode of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation documentary series Brennpunkt (in Norwegian)
- Tom Michael, "Nazis on the March: Inside the violent and rapidly expanding white supremacist Nordic Resistance Movement which aims to unite Scandinavia with "revolution into a single 'far-right republic'", December 12th 2016, The Sun
- Klaus Armstroff
- Ingrid Carlqvist
- Hans Jørgen Lysglimt Johansen
- Fróði Midjord
- Nordisk Styrka
- See the Wikipedia article on The III. Path.
- Johannes Jakobsson, "Nazister dömda för flera grova våldsbrott" ("Nazis found guilty of several serious violent offenses"), Expo, September 12th, 2007
- Henrik Sande Giæver, «Den nordiske motstandsbevegelsen etterforskes for angrep på politiet» ("Nordic Resistance Movement investigated for attacks on police"), Verdens Gang, December 15, 2017. Accessed July 19, 2019.
- Bernt Erik Pedersen, «SV-representant politianmelder nazi-gruppen Den nordiske motstandsbevegelsen for trusler» ("Socialist Left representative reports the Nazi group Nordic Resistance Movement to police for threats"), Dagsavisen, June 17, 2019. Accessed July 19, 2019.
- "Den nordiska motstandrörelsen," TRAC website (Terrorism Research & Analysis Consortium), accessed Sep. 6, 2019.
- NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation), David Vojislav Krekling and Olav Døvik, «PST: Mange likhetstrekk mellom høyreekstreme og ekstreme islamister» ("Police Security Service: Many similarities between right-wing extremists and Islamic extremists"), February 6th, 2019.