| Nordic power &|
|Movements & parties|
White separatism and white supremacy are subgroups of white nationalism, but in practice, the term is basically a code word for white supremacy that fools no one. Another new euphemism is identitarianism. Originally (2003) a European movement based in France, identitarianism has since spread to America with ardent followers such as Richard Spencer and Identity Evropa, but it's effectively the same stuff. Another movement that overlaps with White nationalism is the Neo-Confederate movement (aka Southern Nationalism). Ditto the alt-right, which is now more or less the far end of the neoreactionary movement.
Most self-described "white nationalist" activists also just happen to take the side of Nazi Germany against the United Kingdom, the United States, and the USSR (all mostly-white nations themselves, supposedly part of their greater Europa), in discussions of World War II. Holocaust denialism and sympathizing with Nazis (if they don't outright support them directly) is a common thread among "white nationalists".
But let's pretend
White nationalists, insofar as they try to define the concept, usually will claim that whites around the world should all see themselves as part of the same nation on the grounds that "your race is your nation." Thus, people from Britain to Russia, Armenia to Australia, France to Finland, all of the nations of the former Yugoslavia, both sides of the Troubles in Ireland, and whites living in the United States, South Africa, South America and elsewhere, even extending to the lighter-skinned Aryan descendants of Iran and India, are all supposed to be viewed as being the same people and show racial solidarity with each other. Even the French and Germans. Oh, and they probably think Japan, South Korea, North Korea, and China are all best chums with each other.
For instance, a common copied-and-pasted screed commonly seen on message boards and YouTube comment sections reads:
“”Africa for the Africans
Asia for the Asians
White countries for everyone
If there was a worldwide effort to flood ALL Black countries and ONLY Black countries with millions of Non-Africans and FORCE integration of every single area in those countries it would be called GENOCIDE. and rightfully so!
But if I point out that reality about MY race, the White race, I'm called a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjewsSay NO to White GeNOcide
This concept is hilariously absurd; all continents listed, including Europe, have a long history of wars and longstanding ethnic feuds both with each other and within themselves, not to mention numerous languages, at least, in Europe, three alphabets (Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek), splits over religion (Orthodox-Catholic, Catholic-Protestant, and (in the Balkans) Christian-Muslim being the three major ones), and numerous other differences (and this is just Europe; China alone has at least 56 ethnic groups and around 300 minority languages, and the Chinese language comes in a rich variety of dialects). White nationalists ignore that groups in Europe such as the Irish, Slavs, Jews and Italians were not considered "white" until the last hundred years, with Anglo-Saxons even going as far as to pay "naturalists" to "prove" that the Irish were actually not white. Even today, anti-immigration activists in the UK can rant about "job-thieving" Polish immigrants almost as easily as Middle Eastern, Indian and Caribbean immigrants. Virtually all committed white nationalists also regard Jews as nonwhite—indeed, most white nationalist conspiracy theories involve Jews acting as moles seeking to destroy the white race from the inside. Caucasian sub-groups like Hispanics,[note 1] Arabs and Iranians are also often excluded from the "white" label by many white nationalists, although some may make exceptions for non-Muslim Arab subgroups: French neo-Nazi Serge Ayoub, for example, is of Lebanese Christian descent.
There is no evidence for there ever having been a single white ethnicity, culture, or language, just as the same as there is no distinctly African or Asian one. White nationalists will often try making a claim for this in the form of an origin in the Caucasus region and the proto-Indo-European language (never mind that countries, and even parts of countries, within the Caucusus are constantly at war each other or other white countries around them, or that white peoples such as the Finns, Hungarians, and Basques who speak non-PIE languages) tying it to a belief that their descendants today form a "greater Europe". (Christian Identity, which is also a form of white nationalism, claims a different origin of white peoples in ancient biblical Israel, notwithstanding the non-white ancient Christian churches in Ethiopia, India, etc.) Often, white nationalists speak in terms of a group of "white homelands," consisting of all of Europe plus the United States (guess they forgot the Native Americans), Canada (where there are still a lot of indigenous First Nations), Australia (which was never actually white in the first place), New Zealand (the indigenous Māori still exist), and (even though it was never more than 25% white) South Africa; some also include the mostly-white southern South American countries like Argentina and Uruguay. (Note that this would include (a) Indo-Iranians, who white nationalists don't count as white (b) many folks actually descended from the Caucasus area, some of whom have historically been considered Slavic untermenschen by white nationalists.)
Since white nationalists are almost always antisemitic, Israel is usually not considered a "white homeland." Indeed, one of this movement's few consistent points is that Jews, and other Semitic peoples, are excluded from the imagined "white nation."
Hostility to reproductive rights for White People
Whites who want reproductive rights are usually at odds with White Nationalists. For example, in 1905 Teddy Roosevelt said that it was "race suicide" for white Americans if educated white women continued to have fewer children. Look no farther than comment sections on conservative media outlets such as the Daily Wire for people saying that whites shouldn't have access to reproductive rights and should be forced to have children and families to combat "white genocide".
- Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (English: Afrikaner Resistance Movement)
- Aryan Nations
- British National Party
- Council of Conservative Citizens
- Creativity Movement
- Identity Evropa
- Ku Klux Klan
- League of the South
- National Front
- National Policy Institute
- Nazi Party
- Traditionalist Worker Party
- Youth for Western Civilization
- Don Black, founder of Stormfront
- Willis Carto, America's leading Holocaust denier
- Craig Cobb, Creativity Movement member who tried to make Leith, North Dakota into an all-white homeland
- Ann Coulter, "mainstream" conservative who sometimes traffics in white nationalist ideas
- Ian Stuart Donaldson, British neo-Nazi leader of the band Skrewdriver
- Ricardo Duchesne, one of the creators of the neo-Nazi cult known as "Esoteric Hitlerism" alongside Savitri Devi.
- David Duke, the most infamous Klansman of all time
- George Lincoln Rockwell, the father of the neo-Nazi movement in America
- Greg Johnson, head of Counter-Currents Publishing
- Matthew Heimbach, wife-beater/black woman-pusher and former leader of the now defunct Traditionalist Workers Party
- Kevin MacDonald, author of The Culture of Critique
- Tom Metzger, leader of the violent White Aryan Resistance (WAR)
- William Luther Pierce, another prominent neo-Nazi figure and leader of the defunct National Alliance
- Saga, Swedish singer who wrote a song celebrating terrorist David Lane
- Richard Spencer, the ringleader of the alt-right
- Jared Taylor, founder of American Renaissance/AmRen
- Varg Vikernes, Norweigian neo-Nazi
- Michael Coombs, creepy neo-Nazi troll
- Emil Kirkegaard, another neo-Nazi troll
- Brenton Harrison Tarrant, perpetrator of the Christchurch mosque terrorist attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand at Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Islamic Centre.
- Nicholas Fuentes, host of the America First podcast on YouTube
- Christian Identity
- Distinction without a difference
- National Socialist black metal
- States' Rights Democratic Party
- White power movement
- Hispanics are considered a sub-race of white at least for US Census standards (not that the white nationalists agree). It should not be confused with the term Latino that, although related, is not the same as it's more of a cultural term that encompasses many races. And yes, white Latino is a thing, just as there are Black and Asian Latinos, although the term is more commonly associated with the mestizo population.
- See the Wikipedia article on Identitarianism.
- Please downvote this stupid word salad
- "Racism and Anti-Irish Prejudice in Victorian England" by Anthony S. Wohl - the Irish were described by some commentators as having descended from Cro-Magnon Man, thus being more closely related to the "Africanoid."
- The Irish are actually closely related to the French, both being descended from Celtic tribes.
- NB: Members of some Arabic-speaking Christian minorities sometimes reject the “Arab” label for themselves, not that your average white nationalist would care all that much.
- "Council of Conservative Citizens". Anti-Defamation League. 2005.