British Freedom Party
|Ravishing guide to|
|God Save the King?|
The party was registered in 2010 with Paul Weston as leader, George Whale as nominating officer and Richard Bateman as treasurer.
British Freedom formed close relations with the English Defence League, and in April 2012 it was announced that the EDL's founder Stephen Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson) would become the party's deputy leader. Lennon stepped down the following October, with plans for the EDL to stand candidates in elections itself.
It fielded 6 candidates in the 2012 local elections in England, 5 in Liverpool.
- See the Wikipedia article on British Freedom Party.
- "It's Time for British Freedom" Gates of Vienna
- Britain's far right to focus on anti-Islamic policy, The Guardian, 28 April 2012
- English Defence League 'to become political party and stand candidates in European elections', says 'Tommy Robinson', The Independent, 11 Oct 2012
- https://twitter.com/KarmaUnc/status/311619456940003328 Twitter
- http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/blogs/searchlight-blog/british-freedom-party-deregistration-the-truth-%E2%80%93-exclusive Searchlight