| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Jeff Rense is an American conspiracy theorist and alternative medicine woo-peddler who resembles something close to an aging hybrid of John Stossel and Michael Bolton. He is the proprietor of the website Rense.com and has his own show on satellite radio. His style is a marked contrast from Alex Jones, defined less by ranting and raving and more by a smooth, laid-back, "velvet-voiced" manner of speaking that wouldn't be out of place on NPR (albeit with some obvious differences in subject matter). Topics covered include the New World Order, 9/11 conspiracy theories, UFOs, Holocaust denial, Jewish conspiracy theories, Big Pharma conspiracies, AIDS denial (Rense's single book is entitled AIDS Exposed), and much more. The crank factor of Rense's show and site rates fairly close to Whale.to.
Racism and anti-Semitism
Rense is not as loath as many of his conspiracist brethren to let his anti-Semitism shine through. His site contains a disclaimer that he does not endorse anti-Semitism, using the tired excuse of not being against the Jews, but being opposed to the Zionists in his explanation of his position on this issue. Naturally, this is all while he and his site's contributors spew all the usual anti-Semitic canards. In addition to its hosting of just about every conspiracy theory on the black helicopter and militia circuit, the site commonly features "artwork" by anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist David Dees, as well as cross-postings and links to anti-Semitic and white supremacist hate sites. In recent years, he's made his Nazi flirtations increasingly overt, running a growing number of laudatory articles on Adolf Hitler and adding Stormfront Radio, David Duke, and Nathanael Kapner to the site's list of featured podcasts.
Rense has featured notorious neo-Nazi crank Ernst Zündel on his show and rense.com features copious amounts of material supportive of him. Rense has also given a platform to white supremacist and Holocaust denier Ted Pike, who believes that Auschwitz never existed.
The day they tried to get him
In late April 2015, near his home, Rense was involved in a serious car crash. He was taken, unconscious, to the local ICU where he eventually recovered. Since he has no actual memory of the crash, he now declares that it was obviously an attempt on his life. It didn't succeed, so nyer nyer neener neener to the vast international conspiracy.
- Henry Makow: A former contributor to Rense.com turned critic.
- Rense Web Site Promotes Anti-Semitic Views, Anti-Defamation League
- Meet Jeff Rense -- The Velvet Voice of Conspiracy Theory Radio
- Rense Watch blog (defunct, but archived by Wayback Machine)
- Smith, James L. "Used Canard Salesman." Southern Poverty Law Center, 27 April 2015 (recovered 5 October 2015).
- A Personal Message from Jeff Rense
- We hesitate to call it that, given that most of it consists of crappy Photoshop jobs that any respectable magazine, ad agency, or other buyer would find laughably amateur. Seriously, this guy makes Jon McNaughton look like Michelangelo in terms of both quality and subtlety. And no, we're not linking to the site. Here's a non-offensive overview of what the guy publishes.
- Rense with Guest Ernst Zündel, recording at the Internet Archive
- One example: Why I Admire Ernst Zündel by Curtis Maynard
- Ted Pike/National Prayer Network Affiliations, ADL
- The list of the fourteen characteristics of fascism
- Youtube account of the