| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
A whistleblower is a person exposing corruption in an organization. Not just anyone can be a whistleblower, as you must actually be telling the truth, and have proof.
Some whistleblowers are on the side of the angels:
- Philip Agee — covert CIA meddling in various countries
- Julian Assange — WikiLeaks (has not endeared himself to the public by endangering innocent people's lives, and by showing partisanship in democratic elections)
- William Binney — NSA spying
- Smedley Butler - exposing the Business Plot against FDR and author of War is a Racket
- Peter Buxtun — revealed the Tuskegee experiment
- Julia Davis - DHS failure to process immigrants from "high-risk" countries
- Thomas Drake — more NSA spying
- Sibel Edmonds — FBI deceptions
- Daniel Ellsberg — the Pentagon Papers regarding the Vietnam War
- Mark Felt (aka "Deep Throat") — Watergate
- Anat Kamm — killings by the Israel Defense Force (IDF)
- Mark Klein — AT&T's collusion with the NSA
- Chelsea Manning — U.S. Military collateral murders (not endeared herself to the masses by being transgender)
- Nomi Prims — banking institutions
- Coleen Rowley — 9/11
- Frank Serpico — NYPD massive corruption
- Karen Silkwood — Kerr-McGee nuclear energy plant plutonium safety violations
- Edward Snowden — again! more NSA fuckery! (got himself stuck in Russia, as he's still a wanted man)
- Russ Tice — NSA and DIA spying
- Jeffrey Wigand — tobacco industry
- Daniel Davis — author of reports that the DoD lied to Congress
- Mordechai Vanunu — Israeli nuclear weapons program
One of the most common objections to the more grand conspiracy theories in the fact that absolutely no one has spoken out on them (And indeed, conspirators in general are hilariously bad at keeping secrets for so long). Unfortunately, aside from the usual Escape hatches, pointing this out to the average crank you find in YouTube comments will lead to them mentioning a good list of nutters who claim to be a whistleblower, without a shred of evidence. THe most well-known are the fundies back in the 80s claiming to be satanists who have created a Moral panic in the US over a vast (read:non-existent) network of underground satanists running the show, creating such horrifying monstrosities as Rock Music and Pokemon. Theorists tend to cite the lack of mainstream press these "whistleblowers" get as evidence of a coverup or, even less accurately, the whistleblowers are speaking the "truth". That this completely ignores the fact that the press loved the same aspiring "ex-satanists" back in the good old days is completely lost on the suckers who fall for their stories.[note 1] In the world of conspiracy theorists, a whistleblower is anyone who claims to be one. No proof required. All you have to do is slap "EX-ILLUMINATI" before your name, and that proves the theory to be true.
- Gordon Duff — ISIS
- Doctor Jim Garrow Doesn't like Obama ... or gays "...claimed that he had been a covert CIA agent but was fired by none other than Obama himself…"
- Ted Gunderson - Every conspiracy theory under the sun.
- Preston James — Aliens
- Ken Johnston — anti-NASA propagandist, standard interviewee on all radio shows and TV documentaries that wish to persuade us that NASA is a den of liars.
- Carl Lentz — A pastor who claimed to have Illuminati meeting
- Donald Marshal — Illuminati
- Kristen Meghan Chemtrails. Metabunk.org has an discussion on her. She entered the discussion, but when she couldn't provide proof, she left. This is her response, along with another video claiming we're "trolls" She had a lot of public appearances and speeches, so there's no way she's lying. At all. Obviously.
- Paul Mooney — Though it's not so much as he lied to us it's that people can't figure out what a joke is. He actually does this quite a bit. For people who says he'll be killed, he currently has cancer, so nice try.
- Mark Richards — Illuminati, Secret Space Program, Epic battles with aliens
- Aaron Russo — The Rockefellers and the New World Order
- Mark Taylor — Columbine shooting The nuttier will tell you "New World Order"
- John Todd — Satanism and Illuminati
- Gwenyth Todd — World War 3, and a planned Iran War
- Stew Webb, of course he, along with Preston James, is accused of being part of the Illuminati.. Sometimes paired with Chip Tatum on NWO theories.
- Leo Zagami
This is not by any means a complete list. Why are there so many? Because… fame. You can get famous in the company of other conspiracy theorists by taking advantage of their (and your own) gullibility.
How to become a celebrity on YouTube
- Think of a good story out of your ass, preferably about how you were in the Army, and you found out they work for (insert bogeyman here)
- Put on a uniform/Buy some fake military awards off eBay
- Tell your "story" to the suckers
- Watch your views, and probably your Paypal account, skyrocket.
Whistleblowers face a lot of consequences for their actions, including unemployment and prosecutions (via the Espionage Act in the US). The dilemma comes from the decision of exposing or not exposing the illegal or unethical practices of their establishment to the public, if their superior(s) do nothing or are part of the problem. Discrediting in the form of character assassinations are expected by both their employer and the media.
How do they cover their ass?
- C. Fred Alford is a great scholar to read about what whistleblowers have to deal with once they're outed. He has written a few academic articles on the topic and a book called Whistleblowers: Broken Lives and Organizational Power. His website at the University of Maryland is over here.
- Cryptome is a site that archives most of the leaks you ever want to find.
- Obviously the only reason any "ex-satanist" got any sort of press is to "expose" them as frauds years later to damage the conspiracy community's credibility but you didn't hear it from us!
- Or Ex CIA/FBI/Army/Police etc. etc. etc. ...
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVxiXs6wF5I Metabunk has an article on this one