|Frogs, clowns, and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
|Buzzwords and dogwhistles|
RedPanels was a racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, and particularly antisemitic webcomic, which centered on bravely taking pot shots at absurd "liberal" strawmen.
It described itself as the "Red Pill in Webcomic Form" and actively promoted the alt-right. It came to some attention when Richard Spencer (a noted non-Nazi) tweeted a cartoon about how concentration camps started because people just wouldn't stop punching (totally-not-)Nazis. RedPanels ended on 2017 February 02, citing monetary reasons; the last panel fittingly consisted of a Hitlergruß given in deference to Trump and the Meme Nazis.
The whole production is basically one, big neo-Nazi themed easter egg hunt — even Redpanel's CSS stylesheet just happens to be titled "stylesheet88.css". Whatever could that be a reference to?
Alexa estimates that RedPanels.com receives about 100,000-300,000 monthly sessions. Its Facebook page has over 36,000 likes.
MEIN FÜHRER!! I CAN DRAW!!
The owner (who styles himself as "Red") seems reluctant to identify himself. RedPanels.com is registered with WhoIsGuard, which enables Red to list no personal information on his ICANN forms. We at RationalWiki cannot imagine why a Nazi would prefer anonymity. The developer of RedPanels' Android app is Mike Carter (@devicroft_); it is improbable that Red and Mike Carter are one and the same.
After being memed to death by antifascists, Red launched another online webcomic that is 10 times uglier, currently known as StoneToss.
- RedPanels Website
- A less negative interpretation of its comics on Reddit
- A Facebook page of big smiles and small hearts.
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/rss/redpanelsRSS.xml
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20170105044650/https://www.reddit.com/r/altright/comments/5irw39/ama_with_red_creator_of_redpanels/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/827239243214827520
- ↑ https://i.reddituploads.com/19f81722f386422f9d7106487287a75e?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=1974f9d675430559c768dca2dc9eedfe
- ↑ http://archive.is/n02pY
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/370/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/stylesheet88.css
- ↑ http://www.rank2traffic.com/redpanels.com/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/redpanelscomics/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/about_page.php
- ↑ https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=redpanels.com
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20170206224611/https://twitter.com/devicroft_/status/806518644272406529
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20170206224631/https:/twitter.com/devicroft_/status/803393660830285825
- ↑ https://github.com/croft1/RedPanels/commits
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/803394380828704768[a w]
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/1/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/81/
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/singularity/2012/10/15/how-indians-defied-gravity-and-achieved-success-in-silicon-valley/
- ↑ https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Silicon-Valley-lean-left-politically
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/48/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/331/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/130/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/148/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/68/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/328/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/169/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/101/
- ↑ Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream, Buzzfeed
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/369/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/348/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/227/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/233/
- ↑ http://redpanels.com/230/