|Someone is wrong on|
“”IT IS A FUCKING FEMINIST SYSTEM!
|—Sargon of Akkad, matriarchy victim|
Carl "Sargon of Akkad" Benjamin is a YouTube talker who identifies himself as a "classical liberal" and believer in equality. In practice, his videos almost always attack "the left" (read: social liberals, see below) and "the media" (read: literally any news with adjectives) and defend reactionaries, such as Donald Trump and Gamergate.
“”Sargon of Akkad is such low hanging fruit. He's basically a tomato.
|—/r/BadPolitics on Sargon of Akkad[note 1]|
“”He's literally a grown man with the attitudes of a naive teenaged boy.
|—Libertarian Socialist Rants|
“”There are a lot of people with very bad and ill-informed opinions. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'm one of them.
|—Sargon of Akkad, who proceeded to spend an additional 4 hours 50 minutes explaining his "very bad" opinions|
“”I don't agree that women face disadvantages.
|—Sargon of Akkad|
Sargon is perhaps most well-known for his "Why Do People Hate #Feminism" series. His channel is filled with videos of the type, "Feminism vs FACTS" or "Feminist gets TRIGGERED". He believes that "reality has an anti-feminist bias".
|Before your stupid social justice feminine [sic] bullshit, [mass murders] didn't happen on this scale, it's CRAZY. This is a disease of the modern age. YOU are responsible for perpetuating it, by disenfranchising these poor fucking guys who don't have any options left. When someone takes the option of absolute INSANELY last resort, you have to wonder, what kind of system is producing them? And I'll tell you what, Laci, it is a FUCKING FEMINIST SYSTEM THAT IS DOING THIS.|
We at RationalWiki agree: When Elliott Rogers found himself hopelessly unable to get laid and decided to kill people instead, he just "didn't have any options left"!
More recently, a British MP argued that Internet freedom of speech requires that harassment of women become "unacceptable", though she failed to specify how. In particular, she mentioned rape threats. Sargon felt obliged to tweet this insightful response:
|I wouldn't even rape you, @jessphillips. #AntiRapeThreats #FeminismIsCancer|
|—Sargon of Akkad, who has never Googled "racial media bias" or even "racism"|
Sargon's favorite whipping boy is the so-called "progressive left," which he considers to a "cancer" on the left wing. He defines "progressives" as leftists that dabble in authoritarian collectivism, claim racism and sexism where there is none, and suppress dissent through "censorship". Extending this, Sargon puts "SJWs" and "modern feminists" squarely under this "progressive left" umbrella. Of late, he has taken to describing liberals as "Neo-Progressive", a definition which was taken straight from the Heritage Foundation. At length, Sargon explains his view on the "SJW" mindset:
In general, Sargon views his enemies as promoters of reverse discrimination:
“”I will never think it right to judge someone based on the colour of their skin instead of the content of their character. This is the reason I am not part of the extreme progressive left, just like I will not be part of the extreme fascist right.
|—Sargon of Akkad|
Sargon does support some genuinely liberal / leftist positions. He is pro-gay marriage, doesn't like Fox News,[note 2] and made two videos eviscerating the British Conservative Party. Sargon once told Kyle Kulinski that a system that breeds billionaires should not exist; a strikingly socialist (and decidedly not "classical liberal") thing to say. Similarly, Sargon's defense of workers' rights and talk of class warfare are more along the lines of Marxism, not "classical liberalism".
“”I'm quite a socialist in some ways. I like the idea of socialised healthcare and welfare.
|—Sargon of Akkad|
However, the overriding tone and content of Sargon's channel consists of opposition to "the left". For example, Sargon
who has never Googled "poverty" takes the following stance:
|The only people who are actually oppressed by capitalism are people who either can't work, people who've lost a leg or are morbidly obese or something like that, or people who don't want to work because they're fucking lazy, or people who don't have any other skills because they did gender studies degrees. Believe it or not, everyone else actually does pretty well out of capitalism, y'know, something like a house, a car, holidays, food on the table, entertainment, luxuries.|
 Conspiracy theories
Although Sargon is largely not a fan of conspiracy theories, he does hold some conspiracist views.
- Sargon shared "evidence" that the 2017 Khan Shaykhun chemical attack was staged.
- Sargon holds that Cultural Marxism is a genuine issue which actually impacts society.
- Sargon thinks Britain should leave the European Union, thinking that it is undemocratic, and also believing leaks that the EU might create a European Army that Britain must be a part of. Sargon debated Thunderf00t on Brexit, referencing a number of conspiracy theories throughout.
- Sargon does not believe that Pizzagate is real. However, he spends a very long time talking about why child sex rings are common and "the left" should take them seriously. This view is disingenuous -- the question is one of a very specific child sex ring, not of sex rings in general -- and enables Pizzagaters.
 Petition: "Suspend Social Justice Courses from UNIVERSITIES"
In 2016, Sargon created a petition to "Suspend Social Justice Courses" from "UNIVERSITIES [sic]". He claims that: 
|Social justice has become scientifically illiterate, logically unsound, deeply bigoted and openly supremacist. Social justice professors are indoctrinating young people into a pseudoscientific cult behind closed doors that is doing damage to their health, education and future.|
And in the relevant video, Sargon claims:
|Colleges and universities are literally teaching teenagers that every white person is racist. This poison is coming from academia and it is to the detriment of not only wider society, but the students who are brainwashed to believe this cult. It needs to be stopped.|
This is certainly a shift from saying that "Free Speech is the Answer to Political Correctness". Perhaps Sargon and the Islamic Republic of Iran should have a chat: the latter has moved to ban social sciences and was especially worried about shutting down women's studies and human rights courses. Finally, Iran is free of the SJW scourge.
 Trump defender
“”The only joy I get in talking about Trump is how he turns [liberals] mental.
|—Sargon of Akkad, who hates talking about Trump|
Please enjoy the beliefs of the "classical liberal" Sargon of Akkad:
- "You will have two anti-establishment characters running for president and thank God, it means that Bernie Sanders is going to win."
- "I'd love to see Trump as president. He's crazy, but fuck it, how could it be any worse."
- On "The Assassination of Donald Trump" (44:08!), Sargon tells us that Trump is "a manifestation of the will of the people" to "regain control of the system". According to Sargon, if Trump loses, then his successor will be a "Julius Caesar" who will "end [the American] republic".
- Sargon whined about John Oliver's #MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain skit. Twice. (Sargon also apparently fails to realize that, in a show spanning 30 minutes, the end skit was not actually the brunt of Oliver's criticism.)
- "Hillary must lose." Since then, it's been a downhill slide:
- "Anyone But Hillary"
- Trump's election will "spell the end of social justice, which I think is a damn good thing"
- Sargon defending poor Donald Trump from the biased media. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Or, as Sargon put it: "They do nothing but lie. Trump is right to call CNN fake news and ignore their requests for comment."
- @Sargon_of_Akkad: "People want me to be mad at Trump all the time because they are, but the man just keeps fucking winning. What can I do? [Image: George Soros loses money]"
- "Walls are not racist."
- "Anyone got a Trump/May handshake, Hillary supporter autistic screeching meme?"
- "And left-wing radicals try and fail repeatedly to assassinate Trump, while initiating violence and public persecution of his supporters."
- "'Trump is a horrible populist!' / 'Trump is the enemy of the people!' Pick one."
“”RationalWiki: A place so honest they actually think I'm a Donald Trump supporter.
|—Sargon of Akkad|
 Other quotes
- "Can you find better countries than English-speaking countries?"
- "I can't think of a single problem I have with a sex-positive feminist."
 "Why Don't I Criticise the Right"
Sargon virtually never attacks the right. In "Why Don't I Criticise the Right", Sargon asserts that this is because he wants to "improve" the left but doesn't want to "improve" the right. At length, he intentionally glosses over the problems of the right. For example, he complains that leftism sometimes produces communists:
|You don't see how cancerous the left is. The right is not good to poor people, but I don't think they're trying to actively undermine Western civilization. I don't think that they're gonna start pumping out an ideology that advocates for open borders, for communism, socialism, and all this crap that's infested the left. I think at worst, they will be mildly oppressive to poor people.|
Yet Sargon conveniently forgets that rightism sometimes produces theocrats, white nationalists, and the like. He minimizes rights violations from the right:
|They call for all of this Cultural Marxist stuff. All this intersectional stuff that is designed to tear apart the Western liberal tradition is coming from the left. It has to stop, because that is the thing I think needs protecting -- more than abortion rights! Okay, you can't get an abortion, that sucks, it sucks for you, what are you gonna have to do, oh I'm gonna have to raise my child, well there we go, millions do it, it's not the end of your life, for fuck's sake. You act like oh abortion rights are the most important -- well no, they're the least important thing in the fucking world. Every other right is more important than your right to get an abortion.|
Sargon thinks Anita Sarkeesian's videogame feminism is destroying free speech. He also thinks that abortion isn't that important, because how difficult is raising a child, really?
 Reactionary fans
Sargon has been endorsed by:
- Reactionary neo-Nazi blog MoreRight
- The English Defense League (Sargon sees no problem with this, even claiming it as a win (though he acknowledges that the EDL is racist).)
- Rabidly anti-feminist Paul Elam of A Voice for Men. (Originally, Elam criticized Sargon over his claims that MRAs have "achieved nothing". After viewing AVFM's video, Sargon apologized and agreed that MRAs have achieved change. Paul Elam then said that he subscribes to Sargon, watches his videos, and that there is a "good person in that man".)
- The decidedly reactionary Breitbart, which looked positively on "his parody of their identity politics" and described him as a cultural libertarian (read: opposed to the "regressive left")
Sargon also runs a channel called "The New Memedia", which is aimed at engaging his "meme culture" audience. Sargon hasn't helped matters by repeatedly posting videos about "Kekistan",[note 3] a fictional ethnicity that he describes as oppressed. Kekistan is symbolized by a Nazi flag with "KEK" replacing the swastika and frequent Pepe memes. Unsurprisingly, this has attracted many alt-right types.
 Spat with the Daily Stormer
“”Sargon of Akkad is Just an SJW Who Hates Women
|—TL;DR: hating on progressives isn't racist enough for neo-Nazis|
Andrew Anglin, neo-Nazi founder & editor of the white supremacist Daily Stormer website, criticized Sargon for not being right-wing enough. Anglin put out an article titled, "Sargon of Akkad Needs to Address His Implicit Support for Pakistani Child-Rape". It reads:
|Sargon of Akkad, who is probably the best anti-feminist YouTuber, has put out another video about Rotherham.
It’s good enough, but fails to deal with the core problem, which is that we are being invaded by an alien race. Instead of addressing the reality that these people engaged in this child-rape program because they were non-White Moslems who have a completely different biological make-up and thus a completely different moral framework, he blames it on political correctness.
|"A statement which anyone with two brain cells to rub together would be able to discern means that British authorities allowed this to carry on, because they were afraid of being called racist, in the face of Pakistani community leaders demanding that something be done. Again, I stress that this is a failure of the British authorities. Any community will have a subset of it that is a nefarious criminal element.|
And the Daily Stormer shot back:
|On the whole, I believe that people who are criticizing modern liberalism, and not talking about the invasion, are wasting time. Obviously, here on the Daily Stormer, we talk about all sorts of issues with the modern system, from historical revisionism to gay “marriage.” However, the main issue, the one which we nail ceaselessly, is the replacement of our population with hordes of non-Whites. Because we can pass a law banning homosexuality, we can remove the vote from women, we can redistribute wealth. One thing we can never do, however, is reclaim our homelands once the hordes reach a saturation point and declare themselves rulers. There is simply no going back from that. Once it is done, it is done.
I was fine with Sargon being a reactionary who focused exclusively on the feminist issue. I have watched many of his videos, and not really disagreed with any of it. However, if that is where he feels comfortable, even if it is simply because he wants to remain on YouTube, that’s fine. But seeing him blame the British people for Pakistani child rape gangs was something that needed addressed [sic].
Sargon’s video relies heavily on the punchy dry-humor which makes Sargon a popular YouTube personality. He is not known for introducing new ideas, and that is fine, we like to watch his videos anyway because he recycles other people’s ideas in a way which is fun. Often very fun. Regrettably, with this video, the ideas he recycles are tired SWJ memes which could have been pulled directly from any random Tumblr blog.
In the end, Anglin has this to say about Sargon:
|I have now pretty well agreed not to argue with Sargon of Akkad any further, as I don't really see any point to it, and feel that on some level he is leading people in our direction (as we are the obvious conclusion of reactionary thought), so there is no reason to try and obliterate him.|
 General problems
Sargon's shtick is to interrupt his opponents constantly, mock them for their perceived mistakes, and pedantically correct them. This, by chance or by intent, makes Sargon more likely to quotemine someone, and thus attack them piecewise rather than attack their entire argument as a whole. When he gives his final rebuttal at the end, his opponent has already been established as untrustworthy. Because this tactic only works through the magic of editing, Sargon is far less effective in live debate.
 Why Sargon is a shithead, in 3 videos
 See also
- Armoured Skeptic
- The Amazing Atheist
- Davis Aurini
- Dave Rubin
- Milo Yiannopoulos
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Full video and relevant portion. Rebuttal. Musical remix.
- ↑ Original video, since deleted. Mirrored copy.
- ↑ About
- ↑ https://www.patreon.com/sargon?ty=h
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/badpolitics/comments/3juotv/illiberal_progressives_progressives_are_far_left/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Gn65nmLo4
- ↑ #Brexit Live - Sargon of Akkad Livestreams (June 24, 2016)
- ↑ Talking Immigration and Economics with Destiny - Sargon of Akkad Livestreams (Mar 17, 2017)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8T4nSTCWA&list=PLM9L2W5aOI_1TUcyIs9lJxTlCllkQer7d
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeX6F-Q63I
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvsJuY0d7Wo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H6QcT90WOg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJR83mFv094
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvsJuY0d7Wo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrANbOtMG6M
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOAmuOXlQu4
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jess-phillips/online-abuse-women_b_10133700.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/737004253013676032
- ↑ https://t.co/7Zh3iRifrc
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/BestOfOutrageCulture/comments/4076wx/sargon_of_akkad_buzzfeed_you_can_shut_up_and_fuck/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFnd6IS0DrY&list=PLM9L2W5aOI_1c9VBdAi6efQAZPoZ-UcdC
- ↑ http://www.heritage.org/political-process/report/liberalism-radicalized-the-sexual-revolution-multiculturalism-and-the-rise
- ↑ https://pastebin.com/vhMvgsRC
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOJxexyVvug
- ↑ Why Do I Support Pakistani Child Rape? - Sargon of Akkad (Feb 16, 2015)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqnwUSevgo4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGTfVDjQ6sA
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eksUvN9jn0
- ↑ Discussing Syria and the Middle East with Ryan Dawson - Sargon of Akkad Livestreams (Feb 24, 2016)
- ↑ https://youtu.be/_GmbWyQgq3k?t=739
- ↑ Sargon of Akkad (Twitter, 6 Apr 2017):
Sargon: You guys are just cynics. Just because the White Helmets have been caught falsifying info before, doesn't mean a miracle didn't occur here. [Link to video captioned "'Dead' victim of 'sarin gas attack' in Syria opens her eyes."]
Dixon: Are you really pushing a false flag narrative here?
Sargon: No, I'm pushing a 'dead victim comes back to life' video. What that does to your narrative isn't my concern.
Dixon: Wow. You don't even have spine enough to stand behind your own bullshit.
Dixon: You Share a video that suggests the chemical attacks were a false flag in a conversation saying as much then you say "what. What did I do?"
Dixon: Evidence of what? That a girl near death didn't die at the time of video? Okay. In context, you're clearly suggesting attack didn't happen.
Dixon: What's the girls name? Did you follow up to see if she's still alive? have confirmed that this video is from the attack or from last year?
Hobbit: Or maybe as the one posting this you should be the one to check its context and veracity.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmbWyQgq3k
- ↑ https://youtu.be/KFO0VytARXQ?t=201
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsVV3fpVNKI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsVV3fpVNKI
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/812658701299490816
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQVRLrCbZs
- ↑ https://www.change.org/p/universities-suspend-social-justice-in-universities
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiyvy7X8wg
- ↑ https://youtube.com/watch?v=ahD2XMLLAx8
- ↑ http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/24/iran-restricts-social-sciences-seen-as-western/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/828298026561175552
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wa7IrTknU
- ↑ https://twitter.com/sargon_of_akkad/status/626487496185106432
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfSwt489e4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBPN3Lybeg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yRpEbFeG4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRj6x1jHuU
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUjOJ6YPYY
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TE_QMa3fw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajppWvtW2I4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72G5b85pPwY
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/835687968505479168
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/836546553506594816
- ↑ Cenk Uygur vs His Own Bias
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/835140480342102018
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/834047475963088896
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/819231984937476097
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/822430307500572672
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/833113572867715072
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWsykPnypAc
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/828263864781398016
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/826432332773089282
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/831221982301667328
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1bI7S0LCos&t=108
- ↑ The Beautiful Destruction of the Mainstream Media #PewDieGate - Sargon of Akkad Livestreams (Feb 16, 2017)
- ↑ Tropes vs Shitlords - Sargon of Akkad Livestreams (Sep 1, 2015)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFO0VytARXQ
- ↑ http://www.moreright.net/great-quote-from-sargon-of-akkad/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2xaWEagwz0&feature=youtu.be&t=25m22s
- ↑ http://archive.is/8pDrx Twitter post
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKDHPJU3gU
- ↑ http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for-men/a-friendly-message-to-sargon-of-akkad/
- ↑ http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/06/10/guardian-accused-of-false-copyright-bullying-against-hilarious-youtuber/
- ↑ http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/24/rise-of-the-cultural-libertarians/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YgZnkWtbbQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Vxt-Ddli8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQsKY0SyfZU
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgAnVPeYZM
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2hKIoi9CE
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 http://www.dailystormer.com/sargon-of-akkad-is-just-an-sjw-who-hates-women/
- ↑ http://www.dailystormer.com/sargon-of-akkad-needs-to-address-his-support-for-child-rape/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ-OEnKwUU
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVK1ZmYU0NU
- ↑ http://www.dailystormer.com/world-war-sargon-2/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eMOKBh9js
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfCkp0Juao
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/BestOfOutrageCulture/comments/2hou66/in_what_can_be_described_as_a_timeout_british/