| Drink the Kool-Aid|
|But you WANT to stay|
It was founded by convicted child molester Dwight York (1945–) (also known by a multitude of aliases, including Malachi Z. York-El, Atume-Re, Isa Muhammud, Issa Muhammad, Abd Allh Idn Abu Bakr Muhammad, Rabboni Y’shua Bar El Haady, The Angel Michael, and Chief Black Eagle), who has described himself as "the Supreme Being of This Day and Time, God in Flesh".
The sect regards York as an alien from the planet Rizq, and at one point declared that, on May 5, 2000, he would return to his home planet with 144,000 followers while the rest of the world plunged into Armageddon. This does not appear to have happened.
A summary of some Nuwaubian philosophy can be found in a YouTube video which, amongst a mass of almost unreadable text and kitschy paintings of black dudes glowing, claims that Adam and Eve were black, and Satan — in cahoots with someone called Zuen — cast some kind of a curse on humanity 8000 years ago. The group has also claimed that mankind is descended from a race of green-skinned "supreme beings", and since became brown from rusting; notable green people in mythology include Osiris, Isis, Krishna and Esther.
York taught his followers that white people are soulless "devils".
According to York, the apparition of Gabriel that appeared to Muhammad was actually a holographic projection. York also claims that this event was recorded by "beings", who later showed a copy of the recording to Adolf Hitler.
York has claimed that depictions of aliens in films are sometimes derived from telepathic messages sent to the films' directors by actual aliens, who are using the media to prepare for their eventual coming. He has also declared that Freemasonry was inspired by an alien named Yoda.
York outlined his weird version of human origins in a book entitled The Paleman. The book inverts the curse of Ham by saying that it is the "Asiatic Palemen", rather than blacks, who are descendants of Canaan; according to the book, Canaan was cursed with leprosy and albinism. York connects this with the Eden story by comparing leprosy with a snake's habit of shedding its skin. "This was a sign from the Almighty for you to reflect on and realize that these Canaanites (Pale race), like reptiles, who also shed (lose) skin and peel easily are as I've stated, mutants".
According to York, the early whites "descended to the level of animals, eating raw carcasses, walking on all fours and mingling freely with the animals, mainly dog-like animals". He adds that "Once the salts in their bodies reached a dangerous low, they lost their ability to reproduce [and] went down from the mountains, kidnapped and raped clean Nubian women".
He goes on to state that the whites who did not mix with Nubians "were pushed further back up the mountains and fell so low as to mate with dog-like animals. The result of this mixture were ape-like animals". Furthermore, "They loved the dog so much that they turned his name around to worship it, DOG = GOD." York claims that this is the origin of the phrase "a dog is a man's best friend", and that STDs were first created because "The dog would lick the festered sores of the leper". According to him, the Canaanites left the mountains in 3691 BCE and became the first Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons.
York states that the "red and yellow races of the Orientals", meanwhile, are descended from Esau. "[A]ny mongoloid or retarded child born to any race always has the same appearance, they look Asian" says York. "How can this be possible? The answer is very simple. As we previously stated, when Allah places a curse on a people, He places the curse in their genes".
According to one of his sons, York was fully aware that his teachings were bunk and merely used them to get his followers' money — in his words, "If I had to dress up like a nun, if I had to be a Jew, I'd do it for this type of money."
Their Inevitable Fall
In May of 2003, York was indicted on 197 counts of child molestation; law enforcement believed it to be by far the single biggest investigation of child sexual abuse ever undertaken, and estimated the number of actual victims was potentially in the thousands. In 2004 he was found guilty of multiple child molestation and RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) charges and is currently serving a 135-year prison sentence at the Administrative Maximum (ADX) facility in Florence, Colorado. His projected release date is May 13, 2122 (provided he lives that long).
York's followers insisted that York was appointed a diplomatic position by the Liberian government, and therefore should be given diplomatic immunity from prosecution and extradited as persona non-grata to Liberia. As expected, the courts did not accept this claim.
In 2003, several Nuwaubians were arrested in a "common law"-style scam involving filing a phony $283,000,000 lien against United States Postal Service, and then issuing fake checks (called "Certified Tender of Payment Certificates" and "Statements of Assignment in Accounts") with which they tried to pay for two luxury houses in Decatur, Georgia.
York and the Nuwaubians established "Tama-Re", a 476-acre cult compound in Putnam County, Georgia, in 1993. Tama-Re consisted of 15 double-wide trailers, some firetrap buildings, and a number of quasi-Egyptian structures (complete with two large styrofoam pyramids, one used as a church and the other as a trade center). After York was sent to federal lockdown, the property was sold under government forfeiture by the U.S. Marshals Service and the structures were demolished and hauled to the dump. Now cleared of all previous structures, the current owner has built a log style hunting lodge on the property.
Some weirder beliefs
- It is important to bury the afterbirth so that Satan does not use it to make a duplicate of the recently-born child.
- Furthermore, some aborted fetuses survive their abortion to live in the sewers, where they are being gathered and organized to take over the world.
- People were once perfectly symmetrical and ambidextrous, but then a meteorite struck Earth and tilted its axis causing handedness and shifting the heart off-center in the chest.
- Each of us has seven clones living in different parts of the world.
- Women existed for many generations before they invented men through genetic manipulation.
- Homo sapiens is the result of cloning experiments that were done on Mars using Homo erectus.
- Nikola Tesla came from the planet Venus.
- The Illuminati have nurtured a child, Satan's son, who was born on 6 June 1966 at The Dakota building on 72nd Street in New York to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis of the Rothschild/Kennedy families. The Pope was present at the birth and performed necromantic ceremonies. The child was raised by former U.S. president Richard M. Nixon and now lives in Belgium, where it is hooked up bodily to a computer called "The Beast 3M" or "3666."
- The United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors of the Creek and Washitaw Mound Builders
- SPLC profile
- MasonicInfo.com entry on Malachi (Dwight) York, and his cult's quasi-Masonic front, "Lodge 19 of the Ancient and Mystic Order of Melchizedek"
- Bill Osinski, UnGodly: A True Story of Unprecedented Evil, 2007. ISBN 1934144134
- Nuwaubian nightmare by Robert Stacy McCain (June 2, 2002) The Washington Times (archived from August 6, 2002).
- 135 years for York: Sect leader, convicted molester, sentenced by Lee Shearer (April 22, 2004) Athens Banner-Herald (archived from May 26, 2004).
- Moser, Bob. "United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors Meets Its Match in Georgia". Intelligence Report, Fall 2002, Issue Number: 107. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2002/fall/savior-in-a-strange-land.
- NUWAUBIAN FACTS 1
- "The E.T. Plan for our Planet". August 2, 2003. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/2/http://factology.com/archive/20030802.htm. Excerpted from Are There (UFO's) Extraterrestrials In Your Midst? by Dwight York
- "Hitler and religion". May 16, 2007. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/2/http://factology.com/archive/20070516.htm. Excerpted from Does God And The Devil Exist? by Dwight York
- "A Flag’s Function && Yoda & Jedi". June 29, 2002. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012. http://web.archive.org/web/2/http://factology.com/20020629.htm. Excerpted from Dwight York's books: Spell of Leviathan 666 [Spell of Kingu]. Part 1 && The Year 2000 A.D. And What To Expect… respectivly
- Kossy, Donna. Strange Creations: Aberrant Ideas of Human Origins from Ancient Astronauts to Aquatic Apes. pp. 104-5.
- Kossy, Donna. Strange Creations: Aberrant Ideas of Human Origins from Ancient Astronauts to Aquatic Apes. p. 105.
- Kossy, Donna. Strange Creations: Aberrant Ideas of Human Origins from Ancient Astronauts to Aquatic Apes. p. 106.
- Kossy, Donna. Strange Creations: Aberrant Ideas of Human Origins from Ancient Astronauts to Aquatic Apes. p. 107. Evidently he doesn't get that intellectual disability isn't synonymous with Down syndrome, or that disabled people aren't cursed.
- "Black Supremacist 'Savior' Guilty of Mass Molestation". Southern Poverty Law Center: Intelligence Report - Spring 2003, Issue Number: 109. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2003/spring/black-nationalism.
- Ungodly: A True Story of Unprecedented Evil by Bill Osinski (2007) Indigo Custom Publishing. ISBN 1934144134.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons: Inmate Locator: Search for "Dwight D. York" or Register number "17911-054"
- Joe Johnson, York's sect at it again; Notaries play role in fake document ploy. Archived from the original at onlineathens.com, 20 December 2009.
- Chuck Morgan, Ask The Nuwaupians, Is Malachi York A Liberian Diplomat Fact Or Fiction? nuwaupianism.com, 25 July 2015.
- "Nuwaubians Arrested in Common-Law Scam". Southern Poverty Law Center: Intelligence Report — Intelligence Report, Winter 2003, Issue Number: 112. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2003/winter/black-supremacists.
- "Nuwauaubian Visions" Collection of Tama-Re photos
- Gallery of photos on "Nuwaubianfacts.com", a pro Nuwaubian site
- "Welcome to Nuwaubia Holy Land of the Nuwaubians" (Video slide show)
- Bob Moser. United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors meets its match in Georgia. splcenter.org. 20 September 2002. Retrieved on 15 September 2015.
- About the Nuwaubuans. andersonscottphoto.com, citing an article in The Oxford American by A. Scott. Retrieved on 15 September 2015.
- Always Bet on Black: Wesley Snipes and the Royal Guard of Amen-Ra. spikethenews.blogspot.com, 15 October 2013.
- "10 Extremely Weird Religions". September 10, 2009. http://listverse.com/2009/09/10/10-extremely-weird-religions.