There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| We're all homos here|
|A Gradual Science|
|Plain Monkey Business|
| Someone is wrong on|
EvoWiki (formally known as the Evolution Education wiki) was an evolution- and origins-centered wiki, inspired by Talk Origins, that peaked at 3,071 articles, glossary pages, essays, and book reviews before going dormant. It was merged into RationalWiki, so many of its pages can now be found here.
EvoWiki's encyclopedic content included basic level articles giving a general introduction to a subject that led to technical articles giving more in -depth coverage of the same subject. EvoWiki further, much like Rationalwiki, had discussion of recent evolution- and creationism-related news, using the wiki, and general discussion.
EvoWiki consistently opposed creationism, and its content was dominated by such opposition. Its most notable and controversial content was its staggeringly large catalog of refutations of arguments against the theory of evolution or in favor of young Earth or intelligent design creationism. The list occasionally mirrors issues treated in Mark Isaak's famous Index of Creationist Claims at the talk.origins archive but provides hundreds of well researched and documented supplemental and complimentary entries rather than duplicate talk.origins material.
In addition to its great volume of material focused on science education, EvoWiki had critical articles on Conservapedia, CreationWiki, and RationalWiki (apparently also known as "trashionalwiki").
EvoWiki's effective treatment of creationist canards earned it the ire of the angry biblical literalists at CreationWiki who created several articles attempting to rebut refutations made on EvoWiki in typical creationist fashion.
History and current status
EvoWiki went offline in December 2008 due to technical problems that remained unfixed for a year and a half, finally returning in June 2010. Because of this long downtime, the site was very inactive until it was eventually taken down in November 2010 due to the cost of hosting. Its final database dump can be found here.
Information on how to participate in RationalWiki's EvoWiki project can be found here.
- EvoWiki/Best of EvoWiki
- EvoWiki/Database dump
- EvoWiki/Discussions/Main Page
- EvoWiki/Pandas thumb press release
- http://web.archive.org/web/20140712135546/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Help, http://web.archive.org/web/20140712140711/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:How_to_start_using_EvoWiki, http://web.archive.org/web/20140819173338/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Suggested_uses_of_EvoWiki, http://web.archive.org/web/20110909042933/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Taxonomy, http://web.archive.org/web/20140712193129/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Vandalism
- See the http://web.archive.org/web/20150611162921/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Community_portal, http://web.archive.org/web/20150719233047/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Feedback, the proposed https://web.archive.org/web/20150719234157/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Pandas_thumb_press_release for the Panda's Thumb blog, and the https://web.archive.org/web/20140712232657/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions (http://web.archive.org/web/20150719234627/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Archive, https://web.archive.org/save/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Archive2004-01-28, https://web.archive.org/web/20150719234421/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Archive2004-2006, https://web.archive.org/web/20150719234445/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Main_Page, https://web.archive.org/web/20150719234511/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Manual_of_Style and https://web.archive.org/web/20150719234548/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Style, http://web.archive.org/web/20150719234650/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Promotion, and http://web.archive.org/web/20150719234725/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/EvoWiki:Discussions/Traffic).
- http://web.archive.org/web/20150611144427/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/List_of_creationist_arguments (merged into List of creationist claims)
- the talk.origins Index of Creationist Claims,
- http://web.archive.org/web/20150626131107/http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Category:Creationist_claims (merged into Category:Creationist_claims)
- See http://creationwiki.org/Evowiki for a jumping off point.
|Welcome to the Wikisphere. Please proceed with caution:|
|A Storehouse of Knowledge - Anarchopedia - Citizendium - Conservapedia - CreationWiki - Infogalactic - Knowino - Metapedia - New World Encyclopedia - PESWiki - Palaeos - Psiram - RationalWikiWiki - RationalWikiWikiWiki - RationalWiki (français) - Rightpedia - SourceWatch - TV Tropes - TruthWiki - Wiki - Wiki4CAM - wikiFactor - WikiIslam - WikiSynergy - Wikipedia|