| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Frazzledrip or frazzled.rip is a supposed secret video of Hillary Clinton doing obscene and felonious things to a young girl, which some factions of the Pizzagate and QAnon community believe truly exists but is hidden from the public. Supposedly the file floats around the Dark Web, and many people claim that they've seen it, or a friend of a friend saw it, but "We can't share it with anyone because it's illegal." In most tellings, the video is claimed to have been found on Anthony Weiner's confiscated laptop when he was arrested by the FBI.
Fundamentally, Frazzledrip is an unfalsifiable ("it's real but you can't see it") gross-out story made by online trolls trying to one-up each other with their creepiest stories about Hillary, but then a bunch of suckers started believing it.
As essentially an urban legend, there was initially a pretty wide spectrum of claims as to what Frazzledrip depicts, but it appears to have relatively stabilized along the lines that the video allegedly depicts Hillary Clinton and her former adviser Huma Abedin, sexually assaulting and murdering a young girl, then peeling her face off and using it as a mask. Yes, there are human beings functionally capable of typing on the internet who believe this is a Real Thing.
On 11 December 2018, Google CEO Sundar Pichai spoke at a hearing with the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) used Frazzledrip as an example of dangerous misinformation, inquiring what Google was doing to check its spread:
“”Is your basic position that [Frazzledrip] is something you want to try to do something about, but basically there is just an avalanche of such material and there’s really nothing that can be done, and it should be buyer beware or consumer beware when you go on YouTube?… Are you taking the threats seriously?
Claimed "screenshots" and how they're hoaxes
Most Frazzledrip believers stick to "it's real but I can't show it to you because it's illegal", but some clever wags have circulated what they say are sanitized screenshots from Frazzledrip. Like most things on the internet, if you get enough eyes on it, someone will recognize the original source and call it out, so here are a few claimed Frazzledrip captures and what they actually turned out to be:
- "A mysterious woman in a mask making a shushing gesture, who looks just like Huma Abedin": actually taken from the website of an Indian restaurant in DC advertising a special event.
- "A mutilated child": actually the album cover for the 1997 heavy metal album Verses of the Bleeding by Abnegation.
- "A hotel room with a tortured child on the bed": while the exact source is unclear, the unaltered image has been found – unsurprisingly nothing of the claimed activities in the censored version actually occur in it. Some Reddit users speculated it might be an art installation about sex trafficking that shows a decrepit hotel room that sex workers might operate in, or an actual example of one. In any case, nothing to do with Clinton or Abedin.
- Whalen, Andrew: What Is Frazzledrip? Fake Hillary Clinton Video Builds on Pizzagate Conspiracy Theory, Newsweek, 12 December 2018
- *GORE* Can anyone find the origins to the image on top as I have seen this on Twitter and various other sites. /r/frazzledrip
- One of the claimed “Frazzledrip screencaps”, which was debunked and just turned out to be a boring photo of a room, /r/Qult_Headquarters