| A guide to|
|God Save the Queen?|
Gregory MacLennan Scholey Lauder-Frost (born Gregory Frost in August 1951) is an Australian-born British white nationalist, Metapedia admin, convicted criminal and formerly associated with the rightmost fringe of the British Conservative Party. He is founder and vice-chairman of the Traditional Britain Group and is UK head of the far-right book publisher Arktos, seen as the publishing wing of the alt-right movement.
In July 2019, Lauder-Frost was fined £300 and ordered to pay £200 compensation, after being found guilty of a racially-aggravated offence. Racist messages he had sent online included: "you have no right to be in our country or arguing with a superior race” and “what do you think you are doing in my country?".
He was born plain Gregory Frost in The Salvation Army Mothers' Hospital "Hillcrest" in Merewether, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia on 8 August 1951 to Australian Wallace Frost (great-great grandson of English convict Thomas Frost, who was transported to Australia in 1810 for stealing a large sum of money - Lauder-Frost himself was sentenced to two years in prison for embezzling over £111,000 from Riverside Health Authority in 1992 and declared bankrupt in 1993) and US-born Cecily Scholey Lauder, the daughter of Scottish-born Matt Lauder Jnr who had emigrated to Australia, then to the US (where he was naturalised, and his daughter was born) and thence back to Australia, where Matt Lauder Jnr became a naturalised Australian.
His parents married at St Andrew's Church (Presbyterian) in Newcastle, New South Wales, in April 1948. Wallace Frost is described on the marriage certificate as 'boilermaker' and Cecily Scholey Lauder is described as 'tracer'. Lauder-Frost's grandfathers are described on his parents' marriage certificate as 'truck driver' and 'electrician' respectively.
His great great uncle was the popular Scottish entertainer Sir Harry Lauder who made a considerable amount of money from his show business career. Lauder-Frost likes to claim that the house known as Lauder Ha', which Sir Harry had built in Strathaven, South Lanarkshire in 1936, on land purchased just a few years earlier, was his "family seat" – thus giving the impression that he is descended from landed gentry. However, being distant relatives, none of Lauder-Frost's immediate family were beneficiaries in Sir Harry's will. Lauder Ha', which was put in the name of Sir Harry's niece and companion, Margaret 'Greta' Lauder, to avoid death duties, passed to Margaret 'Greta' Lauder and the house and contents were auctioned off after her death in 1966.
By December 1981, when he married his Polish first wife, Joanna Pecka, he was living in a basement flat in Philbeach Gardens, Earl's Court, London SW5, then a very popular bedsit area with Australian immigrants and known colloquially as Kangaroo Valley. His Australian origins make his use, on the forum of the former Conservative Democratic Alliance, of phrases such as "the upstart son of an East End Jewish taxi cab driver" (to describe John Bercow) heavily ironic, because such phrases were typically used by those who talked about "jumped-up colonials" wholly unironically.
Lauder-Frost is a member of several genealogy societies and is happy to give advice to those seeking information on the Lauder or Frost families on the many genealogy websites to which he contributes, but his own birth is always conspicuously absent from every family tree on these websites.
He has had a long involvement with the Conservative Party, serving as chair of the foreign policy committee of the Conservative Monday Club. He was also a member of the Western Goals Institute, an organisation with close links to the European far right and South African racist politicians (vice-president Clive Derby-Lewis of the South African Conservative Party was later sentenced to life imprisonment for his involvement in a racist, terrorist murder.)
In 1992 Lauder-Frost was sentenced to 2 years in jail for stealing £110,000 from his employers, a London health authority, where he had worked as a payroll manager. In his defence, he said he needed the money to fund a custody battle against his Polish ex-wife. At this point, Private Eye often referred to him as "Gregory Frauder-Lost".
He was in trouble with the law again in 2019 after an online dispute with 21-year-old student Isadora Sinha. He made several racist and threatening posts directed towards her, including: "you are on the list. Don’t get too comfortable." His other comments included "You are not British. You are someone of foreign ethnicity." "It is not skin colour that matters, it is race. Your natural home lies out of the UK." "Please go back to your natural homeland instead of insulting us." "I am not a white nationalist. I want to keep Britain British. If you are not ethnically British, you are not British." At the trial he said, "She was an alien in this country, my country, and putting forth insulting arguments." He was convicted of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner, and fined £300 plus £200 compensation; the judge was unequivocal in his verdict, saying, "The comments are racist. They clearly are."
He supports encouraging the repatriation of people of "non-European stock" to their ancestral countries of origin, even those who were born in the UK. Frost however does not oppose immigration from different European countries into the UK and his first-wife was ethnically Polish. His opposition to immigration therefore is based on skin colour and racism.
One of his more notorious outbursts was against the peerage given to anti-racism campaigner Doreen Lawrence. Lawrence was the mother of Stephen Lawrence, a black teenager who died after a racist attack which police failed to properly investigate, and she spent years campaigning to find the truth about his death, combat the institutional racism in the police force which his death exposed, and challenge racism more generally. However Lauder-Frost felt she wasn't posh enough to sit in the House of Lords. He said:
We do not feel there is any merit in raising such a person to the peerage. She's a complete nobody. She has been raised there for politically correct purposes. She's just a campaigner about her son’s murder. It’s ridiculous. She has made countless anti-English comments over the last 10 years. She’s no friend of the English people.
Frost joined the white supremacist wiki Metapedia in January 2014, using his real name Greg Frost. Within a couple of months he was made an admin and wrote his own autobiographical article (itself largely a recreation of a much-contested, and ultimately deleted, article from the early days of Wikipedia). In December 2014, Frost wished to change his name to make his account anonymous since he realised he would attract criticism for editing on a far-right website; he changed his name to Cicero:
“”I would like to change my user name to something anonymous as per virtually everyone else. I am getting flak. Consider Cicero or something like that but please could this be done ASAP retrospectively and this request then deleted from this page.
He later deleted this comment to try to remain anonymous; but we have pics, so it did happen.
Frost still continues to deny he is a Metapedia admin, despite it being conclusively proven:
- His first account was named Greg Frost.
- Frost as Greg Frost made his own whitewashed autobiography article.
- After Frost realised there would be negative publicity because he used his real name connecting him to a far-right wiki, he requested to change his name to Cicero to be anonymous, but since names couldn't be changed he created a new account.
- Frost's second account was named Cicero.
- After another wiki exposed the name change Frost abandoned his second account.
- Frost now edits Metapedia on his third account as Matt58, lying about being "young and single"
- Matt58 was created on 29 December 2016, when Frost stopped editing Cicero on 20 December 2016 - so Frost isn't even good at trying to cover his tracks.
- As additional proof Matt58 primarily edits his own autobiography article and the Traditional Britain Group page.
Arktos, founded in 2009, is a publisher associated with the European ethnic-nationalist New Right movement. Its global boss is Daniel Friberg (a leading figure in Sweden's far right and European head of Richard Spencer's AltRight.com), while the UK operation is headed by Lauder-Frost and William Clark. Arktos has published works by:
- Julius Evola, the late Italian anti-liberal, anti-democratic philosopher and occultist, notorious for his rape-apologetics and misogyny
- Guillaume Faye, an "overtly racist" French writer and occasional porn star who has opposed Muslim immigration since the 1980s.
- Alain de Benoist, a veteran French nationalist who believes in the necessity to keep the white race free of foreign influences
- Pierre Krebs, founder of the extreme-right wing, Nazi-influenced neopagan organisation Thule-Seminar
- Aleksandr Dugin, an advisor to Vladimir Putin
- Paul Gottfried, the American paleoconservative thinker
- Steven J. Rosen, involved in the Hare Krishna movement
- Tory who kept right on stealing cheques. Herald Scotland. 28th November 1992.
- Porter, Tom (3 March 2017). "Meet Daniel Friberg, the Swedish mining tycoon bankrolling the alt-right's global media empire". International Business Times UK.
- Borders community council chairman hit with £500 court bill for breaching race hate laws, Southern Reporter, 15 July 2019
- Birth notice in Newcastle Morning Herald & Miners' Advocate 13 August 1951
- https://www.thegazette.co.uk/Edinburgh/issue/23371/page/1836 The Edinburgh Gazette 11 May 1993 Issue 23371 Page 1836
- Reg no 14154/1948 New South Wales Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/203413/strathaven-colinhill-road-lauder-ha Canmore: National Record Of The Historic Environment
- Letters To The Editor, The Berwickshire News, 28 November 2013
- GRO 1981 Qtr D Vol 13 Page 1086
- Gregory Lauder-Frost exposed: The Tory fringe group leader with Nazi sympathies, Andy McSmith, Independent, 9 Aug 2013
- Obituary: Clive Derby-Lewis, News24 (South Africa), 3 Nov 2016
- User creation log: screenshot.
- Screenshot. Archive.is.
- About Arktos, Arktos website, accessed 21 Feb 2018
- See the Wikipedia article on Daniel Friberg.
- See the Wikipedia article on Julius Evola.
- The Man Who Gave White Nationalism A New Life, Buzzzfeed, Dec 26, 2017