| Frogs and swastikas|
|Their loud fanboys|
Aleksandr Gelyevich Dugin (born 1962) is a Russian neo-fascist, who claims to have created a "fourth political theory" beyond capitalism, communism, and fascism, combining the best elements of all three. Most people in the civilized world (well...except for a few) deem him as a hatemonger and Nazi-Stalinist who rhetorically promotes expansionist wars for reclaiming MOTHER RUSSIA FORMER GLORY without ever having gone to any actual wars himself, despite being (or, much more likely just claiming to be) one of Vladimir Putin's pet ideologues. The Nazi-Stalinist part is actually true: his stated political position is National Bolshevism, which is pretty much the ultimate demonstration of horseshoe theory in action.
His greatest accomplishments are:
- Writing a book on geopolitics (titled, appropriately enough, Foundations of Geopolitics) derived from obscure radical traditionalist and other reactionary ideologues such as Julius Evola and Nimrod de Rosario (a believer in Esoteric Hitlerism, a weird blend of Nazi occultism, neo-Gnosticism and Theosophy claiming that Hitler was some kind of divine being who incarnated to purge the world of degeneracy or whatnot), claiming that "tellurocracy" (land-based politics partially based on ley lines) is inherently more stable than "thalassocracy" (sea-based politics) because the former promotes peace, stability, tradition, and family while the latter promotes "degeneracy" (a.k.a., human rights, democracy, and small-l liberalism, which are somehow bad);
- Writing out his batshit insane ideology in a book titled The Fourth Political Theory, in which he mixes the philosophies of Martin Heidegger, Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari, and the Situationists to outright demand World War III so that... something or other will prevail;
- Writing a slew of other batshit insane books where he exalts GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA, longs for the good old days of both Stalinism and Tsarism, and fiercely denounces the very idea of Ukraine (in a very Kramer-esque fashion); and
- Enthusiastically endorsing Donald Trump for President of the United States.
- The Eurasianist Threat Zubrin, Robert National Review