| Voice of the voiceful|
|Lest women catch up|
|Bros before hoes|
Matt Walsh is an anti-feminist blogger who runs the aptly named Matt Walsh Blog. Most of his blogs involve him mischaracterizing and insulting things that he doesn't agree with or like. Especially targeted are things like abortion, probably his favorite subject, as well as immigration, gender equality and feminist-oriented causes, such as the pro-choice movement. On top of all this, he also writes for the far right webshite The Blaze. He also runs a podcast and is active in social media, mostly reposting articles from right wing media on his favorite topics with short, often one word, comments. He calls himself a “theocratic fascist” on his Instagram Page.
Walsh currently hosts The Matt Walsh Show at The Daily Wire.
He is anti-abortion, saying that "life is precious" (not quite). He has supported Alabama's 2019 bill that outlaws abortion in all cases, including rape and incest, as he believes forcing 12 year old rape victims to carry to term would help them get their crime discovered and increase the rapist's accountability, and abortion would otherwise destroy the evidence and encourage the rapist to continue molesting without consequence. He bolsters such a terrible take with Planned Parenthood conspiracies such as linking to an article from a pro-life propaganda site that accuses Planned Parenthood of a sex abuse cover up, and again using the same website to claim that "[r]apists use abortion to cover their tracks and Planned Parenthood helps them." He also claims that "[t]he deadliest southern border in the world is the birth canal".
“”The number of supposedly "trans" children and young adults is TEN TIMES HIGHER than the number among older generations. Do you think that's because a lot more people are born in the wrong body these days (whatever the hell that even means)? No, this is social engineering.
Matt Walsh is also very well known for his fervent transphobia, believing that being trans is a mental illness comparable to schizophrenia, stating that "[t]ransgenderism is a myth that will lead to sexual deviancy" and advocacy of pedophilia, claiming all trans people are narcissists, blaming acceptance of trans people for suicide rates of trans people, and considering trans allies to be "biology deniers".
Walsh supported a bill banning the transitioning of teenagers, greatly simplifying it as "a bill banning the genital mutilation of children". He has also referred to gender-affirmation surgery as "surgical mutilation", accused the parents of transgender children of exploiting their children for attention and said that older children wanting to transition is difficult because it'll be "painful" to have to put your child into therapy.
In one video for The Daily Wire, Walsh likened gender-affirming care to sexual abuse, saying that "a child who is put on hormones and who has their body being mutilated is being sexually violated in a way that is just as depraved or damaging as molestation or rape", and compared doctors who care for trans children to Nazi scientists.
Walsh does not seem to believe in the theory that chemical imbalances lead to depression, which it is strongly implied that he denies that antidepressants can treat it. While claiming that suicide is a choice, he also claims that the notion of chemical imbalances causing depression has supposedly been "thoroughly debunked over and over again", then proceeding to cite how drug companies bring in hundreds of millions of dollars treating it, with Walsh not even bothering to explain how what is supposedly a lie can make companies that much money.
Matt Walsh staunchly endorses stripping people of the right to vote if he considers them to be "ignorant" or "non-contributing," and specifically only wants people to vote if they pay taxes and have passed an 8th grade civics exam.
Walsh presents a very cliched view of gender roles, often attacking men who he disagrees with as unmanly. On the flip side he often expresses disdain at women in positions of authority or making public statements. Women becoming involved in many elements of pop culture such as music, entertainment, and sports, especially women's sports, he views as emasculating and threatening to the traditional place of men.
On his blog, Walsh has said that married women owe their husbands respect whether they've done anything to deserve it or not. In the post he explicitly states that "a wife ought to respect her husband because he is her husband" and that women should "respect [their] husbands whether he deserves it or not". Notably, Walsh says that women even owe their husbands respect if they're "lazy, abusive or uncaring". Apparently, women have to respect men even if the man abuses them, simply because of a wedding vow.
“”You don't have to think that the homosexual act is sinful in order to see that marriage equality is a nonsensical concept.
Walsh is anti-gay marriage, claiming that the legalization of gay marriage is part of a left-wing plot to destroy America by eroding and corrupting marriage via the legalization of sexual deviancy:
“”If gay marriage can be justified on the grounds that homosexuals love each other and wish to be together, then any other group may take that reasoning and, if it can be applied consistently to their situation, use it to gain the same rights. This is how logic works. An incestuous couple can use this reasoning same as gays, so can polygamists, so can bigamists. This isn't a slippery slope argument. We've already slid down the slope, and now here we are, in a place where legal marital rights can be granted to people based solely on their affections. There is no conceivable way to exclude these other groups when that's the legal argument that just won a Supreme Court case. The zoophiles will have a bit of a higher hurdle because they can't necessarily prove consent. But when consent is the only argument left in opposition to copulating with Fido, the dam won't hold forever. Gay activists know this and don't care, but they won't admit it yet. Again, liberals wish to divorce morality from sexuality entirely. They have long been the "if it feels good, do it" crowd. Do you think they actually intend to try and stop the bigamy and incest enthusiasts from having their day? Why would they?...Finally, when the churches have been financially blackmailed and legally punished, and marriage has become an institution populated by all forms of depravity and corruption, all that's left is the end of America, or what remains of it.
|—Matt Walsh, who is absolutely not homophobic.|
He has also claimed that same-sex marriage is invalid because gay people can't produce children (despite having no problem with straight people who can't have children getting married).
He is on record as saying that you can change your sexuality, in an insanely homophobic article in which he described homosexuality as a "temptation".
Walsh has also blamed the infamous Catholic Church scandal on "gay priests," a defense which can be viewed as either homophobic or pedophilia apologia.
If his Twitter is to be believed, Walsh believes in the gay agenda conspiracy theory that states children are being brainwashed into becoming LGBT:
“”The number of kids who identify as LGBT, especially trans and bisexual, has absolutely skyrocketed. If you think this is a natural or organic development, you're deluded. The media, Hollywood, and the school system actively recruit children into the LGBT ranks.
| —Walsh displaying his extremely |
Walsh spends much of his bandwidth attacking a handful of progressive figures, such as Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and organizations that back progressive causes, or in some case simply do not hold positions as extreme as his own. Bizarrely, he has also repeatedly tried to smear Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as radical Marxist extremists, when a cursory look at their actual records and agendas would leave genuine Marxists sorely disappointed at best; in Walsh’s mind, everyone who doesn’t support the GOP is a commie, no matter how staunchly pro-capitalist they’ve always been.
Defending a terrorist
Walsh has compared unjustified shootings of black people to the shooting of Ashli Babbitt, a right-wing terrorist who was killed after charging a police officer while storming the U.S. Capitol, calling Black Lives Matter hypocrites for protesting over the deaths of unarmed black people but not protesting over the killing of a white terrorist. He also JAQed off during one of his videos on the subject, suggesting that the officer shot an unarmed woman out of partisan hatred for Trump supporters.
Unsurprisingly, Walsh is a frequent denier of the multiple historical cases of ethnic cleansing of Natives in North America. He believes Andrew Jackson was a great man who deserves to be honoured, in spite of his many crimes such as the Indian Removal Act and the destruction of Negro Fort.
More recently, Walsh became an ardent defender of the Canadian residential schools in which hundreds of indigenous children were murdered, claiming that a mass grave is a completely normal thing for a school to have. He has also called the story a "nefarious hoax", thus putting his name next to that of asshole extraordinaire William Donohue on the list of people who claimed the deaths were fake news.
Stopped clock moments
- Walsh has criticized Donald Trump numerous times.
- He has criticized young Earth creationism and the belief that the word "day" in the book of Genesis absolutely must refer to a literal, 24-hour day.
- He supports lessening sentencing times for drug users.
- He supports restoring voting rights to convicted felons.
- He has shown awareness of police brutality, making a surprisingly levelheaded, nuanced video where he:
- Admitted to dismissing the issue in the past
- Acknowledged that the hysteria surrounding the issue was not as prevalent as he made it out to be, and that there are still concerning trends within the police force
- Dismantled common excuses that are often used to downplay or even excuse the issue.
- He argued with prominent alt-righter Nick Fuentes.
- Matt Walsh's garbage dump itself
- The Anti-Matt Walsh Blog, a blog dedicated to document and refuting the tripe spewed by Matt Walsh
- 5 Reasons Why Abortion Never Empowers Women
- Matt Walsh (May 15, 2019). Twitter. https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1128735398157594626.
If a 12 year old is raped by her father and the father takes her to get an abortion, the evidence of the crime will be destroyed and he will go on molesting his victim for years. If however the child is born, his crime will be discovered and she will be rescued from the abuse.
- Matt Walsh (May 15, 2019) https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1128737421368143873. Twitter. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Twitter post 15 May 2019.
- Twitter post 31 Jan 2019.
- Twitter post 15 May 2019.
- Twitter post 4 Apr 2016.
- Twitter post 9 Mar 2016.
- Twitter post 28 Nov 2018.
- Twitter post 5 Apr 2016.
- Twitter post 22 Feb 2017.
- Twitter post 16 Dec 2016.
- Woke Leftists Defend The Genital Mutilation Of Children
- WATCH: Mother DEFENDS Transgender Transition of Minors
- The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh makes extreme attack on trans kids
- Walsh, M. Robin Williams didn’t die from a disease, he died from his choice.
- Twitter post 8 Jun 2019.
- Twitter post 8 Jun 2019.
- An Actual Gender Studies Professor Debunked That Viral Hurricane Harvey Tweet
- Matt Walsh: "Yesterday I said we shouldn’t have female cops out on patrol because they can be so easily overpowered by any male suspect. Lots of people were very upset and offended by this. After careful reflection I want to say that I don’t apologize, I’m right, and I don’t care how you feel"
- South Dakota’s Gov Kristi Noem accuses Conservative podcast host of misogyny
- Our Daughters Are Not ‘Empowered’ By Vulgar, Idiotic Pop Music
- The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh Claims Women Sportscasters Want To ‘Feminize’ Sports and ‘Destroy the Primary Reason for Their Existence’
- Twitter post
- Twitter post
- FACTS, LOGIC & MATT WALSH: Gay "Marriage" By Definition Cannot Be The Same As Real Marriage
- Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally
- Gay Marriage Still Doesn't Exist, No Matter What The Supreme Court Says
- Twitter post
- Matt Walsh thinks kids are being recruited into the LGBT+ ranks
- BLM HYPOCRISY: Analyzing the Ashli Babbitt Shooting
- Matt Walsh on Twitter: "The question isn’t whether Harriet Tubman should be honored but whether Andrew Jackson should be dishonored. To that I say no."
- Massacre Unveiled: Remembering the Negro Fort
- Remains of more than 1,000 Indigenous children found at former residential schools in Canada
- Matt Walsh on Twitter: "Yes, death among children was extremely common prior to the advent of modern medicine. That's probably why the schools had cemeteries. I'm really not sure why this concept is difficult to grasp."
- The RationalMedia Foundation apologizes for once again subjecting you to Matt Walsh's Twitter
- Matt Walsh Excuses Native Genocide