|Voice of the voiceful|
|Lest women catch up|
|Bros before hoes|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”The pedophile scandal in the Catholic Church is not a pedophile scandal. The vast majority of victims are post-pubescent teens and young men. The real problem in the Church that everyone sees and few will say out loud: gay priests.
“”If sex and gender are the same thing, Matt Walsh fans have never had gender.
Matthew Walsh (1986–) is a conservative blogger who runs the aptly named Matt Walsh Blog. Most of his blogs involve him mischaracterizing and insulting things that he doesn't agree with or like. Especially targeted are things like trans rights and trans people, probably his favorite subject, as well as abortion, immigration, gender equality and feminist-oriented causes, such as the pro-choice movement. On top of all this, he also writes for the far right webshite The Blaze. He also runs a podcast and is active in social media, mostly reposting articles from right wing media on his favorite topics with short, often one word, comments. He calls himself a “theocratic fascist” on his Twitter bio.
Walsh currently hosts The Matt Walsh Show at The Daily Wire.
He is anti-abortion, saying that "life is precious" (not quite). He has supported Alabama's 2019 bill that outlaws abortion in all cases, including rape and incest, as he believes forcing 12 year old rape victims to carry to term would help them get their crime discovered and increase the rapist's accountability, and abortion would otherwise destroy the evidence and encourage the rapist to continue molesting without consequence.
He bolsters such a terrible take with Planned Parenthood conspiracies such as linking to an article from a pro-life propaganda site that accuses Planned Parenthood of a sex abuse cover up, and again using the same website to claim that "[r]apists use abortion to cover their tracks and Planned Parenthood helps them." He also claims that "[t]he deadliest southern border in the world is the birth canal".
“”The number of supposedly "trans" children and young adults is TEN TIMES HIGHER than the number among older generations. Do you think that's because a lot more people are born in the wrong body these days (whatever the hell that even means)? No, this is social engineering.
Matt Walsh is also very well known for his fervent transphobia, believing that being trans is a mental illness comparable to schizophrenia, stating that "[t]ransgenderism is a myth that will lead to sexual deviancy" and advocacy of pedophilia, claiming all trans people are narcissists, blaming acceptance of trans people for suicide rates of trans people, and considering trans allies to be "biology deniers".
Walsh supported a bill banning the transitioning of teenagers, greatly simplifying it as "a bill banning the genital mutilation of children". He has also referred to gender-affirmation surgery as "surgical mutilation", accused the parents of transgender children of exploiting their children for attention and said that older children wanting to transition is difficult because it'll be "painful" to have to put your child into therapy.
In one video for The Daily Wire, Walsh likened gender-affirming care to sexual abuse, saying that "a child who is put on hormones and who has their body being mutilated is being sexually violated in a way that is just as depraved or damaging as molestation or rape", and compared doctors who care for trans children to Nazi scientists.
In an act of staggering pettiness and audacity, Matt Walsh rented a home in Loudoun county because the school board meeting wouldn't allow non-residents of the county a place in discussing issues related to the school's residents and students. Despite having never lived in Loudoun county and having no family there who would ever attend that school's area, an act similar to someone purchasing a small house in Brazil to advocate for apartheid. The issue being addressed? Transgender people being able to have themselves gender affirm by referring to themselves as their gender, and requiring staff to use their consistently asserted gender when requests of the parents are given. In part of his speech he shows some self-awareness saying that the school board are poison, and undermining his own ignorance as a science denier on transgender people by saying; “If education is not grounded in truth, then it is worthless. Worse, it is poison. You are poison!”
In late 2021, Walsh wrote a children's
diaper "book", titled "Johnny the Walrus". If you can guess what this book is about given the section you are reading, congratulations, you have a brain. It's a story about a boy who imagines he is a girl walrus, and when the intertubes find out about it, they force him to go to the doctor to be surgically altered into a girl walrus. The most concerning thing about this book is that it implies men and women are as different from each other as humans and walruses, which is batshit insane. As part of a massive troll campaign, it ended up as the #1 LGBTQ+ book on Amazon, which would admittedly be kind of funny if it wasn't hate speech.
In early 2022, Matt (rather poorly) attempted to recruit transgender people into being part of an anti-transgender schlockumentary. It would've been successful if weren't for PhD candidate Eli Elrick exposing the front on her twitter account. Later, on June 1, 2022, Matt released this shlockumentary, titled "What is a Woman?," on The Daily Wire's subscription service. Like other pseudo-documentaries proclaiming to speak the "truth," "What is a Woman?" is practically a 1-and-a-half hour gish gallop full of utter bullshit, pseudoscience, and logical fallacies. Like his usual delusional self, Matt has proclaimed that the film cannot be debunked and that "The Left is terrified of the film".
Anxiety & Depression
Walsh does not seem to believe in the theory that chemical imbalances substantially contributes to depression, which it is strongly implied that he denies that antidepressants can treat it . While claiming that suicide is a choice, he also claims that the notion of chemical imbalances causing depression has supposedly been "thoroughly debunked over and over again", then proceeding to cite how drug companies bring in hundreds of millions of dollars treating it, with Walsh not even bothering to explain how what is supposedly a lie can make companies that much money.
He is also an ADHD denier, trotting out the usual old canards of the "environment filled with distractions" and that, like depression, it's just an invention of Big Pharma (never mind the processes of what actually goes into DSM-5; it's not easy). There's a bit of boomery griping going on, complaining on Twitter, a site about short shallow distracting soundbites, about humanity's declining attention span (never mind ADHD has a long history, being documented as early as in the early 18th century).
Matt Walsh shows many signs of being a wannabe dictator. He staunchly endorses stripping people of the right to vote if he considers them to be "ignorant" or "non-contributing," and specifically only wants people to vote if they pay taxes and have passed an 8th grade civics exam. Walsh has accused activists who want voting to be universal of voter fraud, and tweeted that it should be easier to buy a gun than vote. He also supports criminalising adultery, drag queen story hour and critical race theory.
After Florida governor Ron DeSantis suspended an elected prosecutor for not prosecuting enough abortionists or gender affirming care providers and arrested several people for legally voting, Walsh stated that he should be President.
Walsh presents a very cliched view of gender roles, often attacking men who he disagrees with as unmanly. On the flip side he often expresses disdain at women in positions of authority or making public statements. Women becoming involved in many elements of pop culture such as music, entertainment, and sports, especially women's sports, he views as emasculating and threatening to the traditional place of men. He also supports cutting women's pay if they ask for a raise.
On his blog, Walsh has said that married women owe their husbands respect whether they've done anything to deserve it or not. In the post he explicitly states that "a wife ought to respect her husband because he is her husband" and that women should "respect [their] husbands whether he deserves it or not". Notably, Walsh says that women even owe their husbands respect if they're "lazy, abusive or uncaring". Apparently, women have to respect men even if the man abuses them, simply because of a wedding vow.
Walsh is anti-gay marriage, claiming that the legalization of gay marriage is part of a left-wing plot to destroy America by eroding and corrupting marriage via the legalization of sexual deviancy.
“”If gay marriage can be justified on the grounds that homosexuals love each other and wish to be together, then any other group may take that reasoning and, if it can be applied consistently to their situation, use it to gain the same rights. This is how logic works. An incestuous couple can use this reasoning same as gays, so can polygamists, so can bigamists. This isn't a slippery slope argument. We've already slid down the slope, and now here we are, in a place where legal marital rights can be granted to people based solely on their affections.
Walsh believes in the gay agenda conspiracy theory that states children are being brainwashed into becoming LGBT:
|—Walsh displaying his extremely |
He has also claimed that same-sex marriage is invalid because gay people can't produce children (despite having no problem with infertile straight people getting married).}}
Walsh has also blamed the infamous Catholic Church scandal on "gay priests," a defense which can be viewed as either homophobic or pedophilia apologia.
Soon after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Walsh went on his podcast and whined about how it was a result of the White House recruiting lesbians into the military and therefore making it more feminine.
Walsh spends much of his bandwidth attacking a handful of progressive figures, such as Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and organizations that back progressive causes, or in some case simply do not hold positions as extreme as his own. Bizarrely, he has also repeatedly tried to smear Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as radical Marxist extremists, when a cursory look at their actual records and agendas would leave genuine Marxists sorely disappointed at best; in Walsh’s mind, everyone who doesn’t support the GOP is a commie, no matter how staunchly pro-capitalist they’ve always been.
Defending a terrorist
Walsh has compared unjustified shootings of black people to the shooting of Ashli Babbitt, a right-wing terrorist who was killed after charging a police officer while storming the U.S. Capitol, calling Black Lives Matter hypocrites for protesting over the deaths of unarmed black people but not protesting over the killing of a white terrorist. He also JAQed off during one of his videos on the subject, suggesting that the officer shot an unarmed woman out of partisan hatred for Trump supporters.
Unsurprisingly, Walsh is a frequent denier of the multiple historical cases of ethnic cleansing of Natives in North America. He believes Andrew Jackson was a great man who deserves to be honoured, in spite of his many crimes such as the Indian Removal Act and the destruction of Negro Fort.
More recently, Walsh became an ardent defender of the Canadian residential schools in which hundreds of indigenous children were murdered, claiming that a mass grave is a completely normal thing for a school to have. He has also called the story a "nefarious hoax", thus putting his name next to that of asshole extraordinaire William Donohue on the list of people who claimed the deaths were fake news.
“”How do doctors do whole entire surgeries while wearing surgical masks? I feel like I’m going to suffocate after wearing one for 45 seconds.
Despite claiming to have "no stance" on vaccines, Walsh in all seriousness accused the Sesame Street character Big Bird of being a drug dealer with the voice of a 'child molester' for telling children to be vaccinated. He also released a video in which he discussed why he refused to vaccinate his children against COVID-19, complete with a segment of him spreading FUD about the vaccine's long-term effects.
Stopped clock moments
- Walsh has criticized Donald Trump numerous times.
- He has criticized young Earth creationism and the belief that the word "day" in the book of Genesis absolutely must refer to a literal, 24-hour day.
- He supports lessening sentencing times for drug users.
- He supports restoring voting rights to convicted felons.
- He has shown awareness of police brutality, making a surprisingly levelheaded, nuanced video where he:
- Admitted to dismissing the issue in the past
- Acknowledged that the hysteria surrounding the issue was not as prevalent as he made it out to be, and that there are still concerning trends within the police force
- Dismantled common excuses that are often used to downplay or even excuse the issue.[note 1]
- He argued with prominent alt-righter Nick Fuentes.
- Matt Walsh's garbage dump itself
- The Anti-Matt Walsh Blog, a temporary blog dating from 2014 dedicated to documenting and refuting the views of Matt Walsh
- His YouTube channel
- However, he threw all this away by claiming that George Floyd died of a drug overdose and using the police killing of Daunte Wright to make a point about female police officers.
- Matt Walsh (19 July 2018) https://web.archive.org/web/20180719232210/https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1020083096459374593
- @theneedledrop (20 Jan 2022) https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/1484200838079864835?lang=en
- 5 Reasons Why Abortion Never Empowers Women
- Matt Walsh (May 15, 2019). Twitter. https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1128735398157594626.
If a 12 year old is raped by her father and the father takes her to get an abortion, the evidence of the crime will be destroyed and he will go on molesting his victim for years. If however the child is born, his crime will be discovered and she will be rescued from the abuse.
- Matt Walsh (May 15, 2019) https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1128737421368143873. Twitter. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Twitter post 15 May 2019.
- Twitter post 31 Jan 2019.
- Twitter post 15 May 2019.
- Twitter post 4 Apr 2016.
- Twitter post 9 Mar 2016.
- Twitter post 28 Nov 2018.
- Twitter post 5 Apr 2016.
- Twitter post 22 Feb 2017.
- Twitter post 16 Dec 2016.
- Woke Leftists Defend The Genital Mutilation Of Children
- WATCH: Mother DEFENDS Transgender Transition of Minors
- The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh makes extreme attack on trans kids
- Here is Amazon's listing of the book.
- https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1490799028401020932.html, archive.is snapshot
- https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/06/what-is-a-woman-is-a-feature-length-exploration-of-conservative-ignorance-and-prejudice , archived
- https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/in-what-is-a-woman-matt-walsh-asks-a-question/ archived
- Walsh, M. Robin Williams didn’t die from a disease, he died from his choice.
- [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBQ05nh-vY Tom Cruise Was Right About Anti Depressants ]. Matt Walsh on YouTube.
- @MattWalshBlog. (March 13, 20200). . Twitter. Accessed March 17, 2022.
It’s insane that we’re diagnosing people (especially kids) with “ADHD” in a culture where literally everything is designed to distract us. Everyone has a deficit of attention. Nobody can pay attention to anything for long. It’s not a medical problem. It’s an environment problem.
- Twitter post 8 Jun 2019.
- Twitter post 8 Jun 2019.
- Daily Wire host: Voting is not a 'God-given right' to be shared by all people
- Right-Wing Pundit Claims “Gun Ownership Is A More Important Right Than Voting”
- "The Texas abortion ban is great. Every red state should copy it. But it shouldn't stop there. Stay on offense. Ban critical race theory in schools, ban gender theory, ban drag queen story hours, criminalize adultery. Do everything the Left fears you might do. Do it all and more."
- Twitter post
- Ron DeSantis Oversteps His Authority by Suspending Tampa's Elected Prosecutor
- The revealing details of Ron DeSantis’s voter fraud crackdown
- Matt Walsh on Twitter: "DeSantis 2024"
- An Actual Gender Studies Professor Debunked That Viral Hurricane Harvey Tweet
- Matt Walsh: "Yesterday I said we shouldn’t have female cops out on patrol because they can be so easily overpowered by any male suspect. Lots of people were very upset and offended by this. After careful reflection I want to say that I don’t apologize, I’m right, and I don’t care how you feel"
- South Dakota’s Gov Kristi Noem accuses Conservative podcast host of misogyny
- Our Daughters Are Not ‘Empowered’ By Vulgar, Idiotic Pop Music
- The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh Claims Women Sportscasters Want To ‘Feminize’ Sports and ‘Destroy the Primary Reason for Their Existence’
- Twitter post
- Twitter post
- Twitter post
- Daily Wire host endorses arranged marriages: “It is, without a doubt, superior to our system” Media Matters 25 January 2022
- Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally
- Matt Walsh thinks kids are being recruited into the LGBT+ ranks
- FACTS, LOGIC & MATT WALSH: Gay "Marriage" By Definition Cannot Be The Same As Real Marriage
- Gay Marriage Still Doesn't Exist, No Matter What The Supreme Court Says
- Twitter post
- No, really
- Twitter post
- Ep. 651 - AOC Attends The Jussie Smollett School Of Victimology
- Matt Walsh on Facebook
- BLM HYPOCRISY: Analyzing the Ashli Babbitt Shooting
- Matt Walsh on Twitter: "The question isn’t whether Harriet Tubman should be honored but whether Andrew Jackson should be dishonored. To that I say no."
- Massacre Unveiled: Remembering the Negro Fort
- Remains of more than 1,000 Indigenous children found at former residential schools in Canada
- Matt Walsh on Twitter: "Yes, death among children was extremely common prior to the advent of modern medicine. That's probably why the schools had cemeteries. I'm really not sure why this concept is difficult to grasp."
- The RationalMedia Foundation apologizes for once again subjecting you to Matt Walsh's Twitter
- Matt Walsh Excuses Native Genocide
- Matt Walsh Calls Big Bird a ‘Drug Dealer’ with the Voice of a ‘Child Molester’ for Doing CNN Town Hall on Vaccines for Kids by Michael Luciano. Mediaite.
- Why My Kids Aren’t Getting The COVID Vaccine | The Matt Walsh Show Ep. 813