"Other channels and podcasts"
To the uninformed reader, this is a giant list of text with no context, no links and no context. For example, what the fuck is "Chapo Trap House" and why should I care? 99 out of 100 readers are probably not going to highlight the text and right click "search Google for..." I appreciate the input from various contributors, but this list is pretty useless in its current state. I recommend trimming it to only curated links. Otherwise it will devolve into a giant mess like the various webshite link farms we have here that don't reflect good on us. Cosmikdebris (talk) 02:07, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- I think it's always nice to try to give attention to smaller channels, but maybe we should offset this list into external links that hopefully have better lists. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 07:59, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Agreed there's scope creep here into encyclopedic list-making. I suggest that the links to the Breadtube site and subreddit are sufficient, with brief descriptions of a few of the most interesting channels if they fit the RW mandate. Otherwise this may end in YouTube Purge 2.0. CogitoNotStirred (via telepathy) (talk) 17:36, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
I couldn't help but notice that Uncorrupted (formerly, The Uncorrupted Report) is missing from the list. He was the one who help me transition away from libertarianism and the far right with his debunking videos. What are the criteria for being on this list (if anything). Would it be wrong if I added his channel here? G Man (talk) 17:54, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- BreadTube by definition is loosely defined I think. So if you think it is, then it probably is. Since you watched those videos, I'll help to summarize style and subject matter. Anyhow, congrats on the transition, it's great you steered away from that ugly path. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 18:29, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. There's more to the story, but I'll eventually add it to my biography, which is currently under construction.
- I don't remember all of the notability guidelines of this wiki, but we may or may not be able to do an article on him (or, at least, add a section for him in this article).
- I haven't been following him for a while, but I can tell you a few things about him. For starters, he's some dude from Michigan (Ypsilanti, I believe) named Marcus. He debunks a few PragerU videos, as well as some of the egregious talking points of pundits such as Candace Owens and Steven Crowder. Naturally, some of his videos (such as one that debunked Stefan Molyneux's racialist nonsense) have been flagged or censored, either because people who disagree with him made bogus reports about them (similar to potholer54), or because YouTube's algorithms mistook his debunking videos for extremist content (based on their titles, I guess).
- I do disagree with him on something's, however. For instance, I think he is a borderline tankie, as evidenced in a video he made about his visit to a Soviet war memorial in Berlin in which he claimed the Soviets deserve the credit for helping the allies win the Second World War. (Although, to his credit, he did admit that he resented their treatment of the Polish in occupied territories, as he is of Polish descent. He also criticized their authoritarianism in a different video. Admittedly, I'm left of center, and occasionally I go full-blown centrist by committing the balance fallacy.) Otherwise, he's mostly a social democrat, and I agree with most of his views.
- Anyway, I just thought he deserved an honorable mention. I won't do anything more than add an external link to his channel. Perhaps someone may add a section -- or even draft an entire article on him -- if they so choose. G Man (talk) 21:48, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- @G Man The minimum threshold for YouTubers is 1k subscribers, a pretty low bar, but fair. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 22:20, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
This page should be deleted
It's pointless, and it doesn't say anything. All it does is tell you that these people exist, and the whole bottom part is just a bulleted list with links. Is Rationalwiki advertising these people? There's nothing critical said about them, and none of their arguments are discussed. This page should be deleted. Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 07:24, 21 January 2020 (UTC)