WelcomeBongolian (talk) 02:04, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and the wiki, Autopatrolled has been added to your user rights. This lets you bypass most of the abuse filters, bypass the CAPTCHA, and edit more frequently. If you have questions,
bleat ask away.
We hope you enjoy your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ — and these external tools:
- Google Scholar Button (Chrome, Firefox) searches your highlighted text in Google Scholar. Easily check academic citations!
- web.archive.org and archive.is can save permanent copies of webpages. Never lose a crank website or racist Tweet ever again! Bongolian (talk) 02:04, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and the wiki,
wizard Sysop has been added to your user rights. Feel free to let your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ course through your veins. Once the high wears off, see RationalWiki:Sysop guide for more information. If you have questions, bleat ask away. — Oxyaena Harass 05:37, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, sorry about that. Aaronmichael5 17:14, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
Deleted YouTube Comments
If you check out the Gematrinator response video to my New Gematria article you can see the counter above the comments shows there are 3. These counts include all original comments and replies to comments as adding 1 to the total. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wCFR4CJ6w
If you drill down on the comment you can see there is one reply and the total should be 2 instead of 3. This is because I left him a little present months after the video was put out to see if he was paying attention. (YouTube notifies you if you have the notifications turned on regardless of the age of the video.). Well he was and he deleted it. Just to prove to myself I picked a semi-random video today - the channel It’s Okay to be Smart A Brief History of (Keeping) Time, but you should be able to duplicate this on any video. When I got there it had 964 comments. I posted one, waited a bit and reloaded and the counter had increased to 965. Then I deleted it, waited a bit and the counter had dropped back down to 964.
This seems to me to be a deliberate function to show that the channel owner removed comments. Some of the more offensive Hubbard groupies have had videos showing things like ‘35’ comments while only seven show, and the like. This is not 100% foolproof since I don’t know if a comment reported to YouTube getting deleted affects the counter total. But since this is one of the aspects of YouTube, giving total control of comments to the channel owner, that they do a crap job of policing I doubt many comments are actually removed by YouTube. They just wait until once in a blue moon and get rid of the whole channel. Then do nothing about the Hubbard’s of the world starting a new one. Antigem (talk) 17:46, 24 January 2021 (UTC)
- Lmao I've seen that video. That dude is a clown. As for Hubbard's video, I saw the comment count go down from 52 to like 37, so comments were definitely getting removed. I'd say it's far more likely Hubbard himself removed them rather than YouTube because they were too polite to be in violation of any of YouTube's guidelines. Aaronmichael5 21:51, 24 January 2021 (UTC)
Your sig appears to be broken
- Yeah I noticed, it's fixed now. Thanks. Aaronmichael5 03:46, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
Update Hubbard Page
- I've noticed that about his channel. What sort of update you referring to? Aaronmichael5 17:43, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- The pattern has been the same for a long time. Get a strike. Continue to make videos during the suspension period. Upload all videos after suspension is lifted. Since there’s always something “wrong” with every video, get another strike. We can’t put this in mainspace without a citation with proof, but one of the videos that is gone out of the dozen or so that was uploaded was an anniversary of the Parkland shooting video. Just thought you’d like to know.Antigem (talk) 10:33, 18 February 2021 (UTC)