| ||As a confirmed mustard jar for taking on this job as a Sysop on RationalWiki: I pledge to only block users if they ask for it, or insert unfunny vandalism.|
I furthermore pledge that if I indulge in secret private conversations about you, we will make a formal report to the mob. Is that all?
If you impugn my motives without warrant, or challenge my "AUTHORITY", er, there is nothing I can or will do.
--Gale5050 (talk) 19:42, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and time on the wiki, Autopatrolled has been added to your user rights. This lets you bypass most of the abuse filters, bypass the CAPTCHA, and edit more frequently. If you have questions,
bleat ask away.
We hope you enjoy your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ — and these external tools:
- Rbutr shows user-submitted rebuttals to your current webpage.
- Google Scholar Button (Chrome, Firefox) searches your highlighted text in Google Scholar. Easily check academic citations!
- web.archive.org and archive.is can save permanent copies of webpages. Never lose a crank website or racist Tweet ever again! Harry Potter (talk) 10:45, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and time on the wiki,
wizard Sysop has been added to your user rights. Feel free to let your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ course through your veins. Once the high wears off, see RationalWiki:Sysop guide for more information. If you have questions, bleat ask away. Harry Potter (talk) 16:53, 26 May 2021 (UTC)
- I was going to do this, but you were faster than me. GeeJayK (talk) 17:28, 26 May 2021 (UTC)
I joke blocked you for an hour, because you re-enabled TPA on HITLE.R SUPPORTER? This is a sock that should be denied any recognition, let alone the right to appeal. There is zero chance they are a false positive, too. --Gale5050 (talk) 13:04, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
- My bad, I thought that the RW:CS required that everyone be able to edit their talk page for that purpose with the exception of those who misuse TPA. Nevertheless I will respect your decision making, my mistake there. I've joke blocked you back by the way, LOL. :D Harry Potter (talk) 16:46, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
- Generally, yes, TPA should be on. But this is a bad faith sock that will use there talk page for (1) nothing or (2) disruption. There is no chance of a false positive.--Gale5050 (talk) 16:49, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
- True, I've decided to reblock to restore the original message in the block reason about not unblocking the user, and also to imply that my actions were a mistake, as I did get it wrong. Thanks. Harry Potter (talk) 17:00, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
Could you use them a bit less? It’s getting annoying. Christopher (talk) 22:41, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yes Sir. :D Harry Potter (talk) 22:43, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
While it is good to restore TPA on accounts for appeals, be careful and look at the usernames. If it is an offensive username, don't, because they are an obvious troll--Gale5050 (talk) 01:07, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks, I made a mistake there. I appreciate your feedback, feel free to give me more if I make similar mistakes in the future. :) Harry Potter (talk) 04:32, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Gale5050 has been here a month and doesn’t know what he’s talking about, don’t listen to his advice. Talkpage access should only be revoked if it’s abused. Christopher (talk) 08:37, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- No. do you really want a user whose name is HITLER SUPPORTER to have talk page access? Either (1) it gets abused or (2) nothing happens. These socks should not Have TPA.--Gale5050 (talk) 11:22, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- That’s the general rule per the blocking policy, there’s no reason to break it for some troll with an offensive username. Christopher (talk) 11:32, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Correct yes, but (1) that should probably change and (2) personally if someone said HITLER SUPPORTER as a username, i would not be accepting any Appeals this guy makes. Racists have no place on RW.Gale5050 (talk) 11:37, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- But it hasn't been changed yet, and I personally disagree. I would still consider accepting an appeal from such a person on condition that they agree to a change of username. The problem with revoking TPA is that they are likely to just create another account, they have nothing to loose after all. Harry Potter (talk) 11:40, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
How do I get started in this wiki?
Are there any materials I can read to get a better understanding of the wiki? Thanks. A21 (talk) 05:11, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Unfortunately I'm not sure that I can help you personally, how about asking at the Saloon bar? Harry Potter (talk) 03:59, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
I like your suggestion as far a RationalWiki having a couple of people have check user rights.
RationalWiki needs to have more policing and it needs to be more authoritarian.
There needs to be more law and order at RationalWiki. Warrior King (talk) 14:00, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- Fully agreed. Consider yourself blocked. Harry Potter (talk) 17:32, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
We don’t tell people when they’re blocked on their talkpage, there’s no need. The template you’re using is from the early days of the wiki, and references policies that no longer exist. Christopher (talk) 17:41, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- OK thanks, should I remove the templates that I've already left, <s> </s> them, or just leave them as they are? Thanks. Harry Potter (talk) 17:42, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
- I would just leave them, personally. They won't really do any harm just sitting where they are, no real point in making further modifications. 𝒮𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑒 talk 18:00, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
Stop it, it serves no purpose. If it was a good idea we’d all be doing it. Christopher (talk) 15:52, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I take it that I should leave existing comments that I've striked as they are? Harry Potter (talk) 15:53, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- I’ve already removed the ones I saw in the saloon, which was a waste of my time. If you want to waste some of your own go ahead, but I wouldn’t bother. Christopher (talk) 16:01, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks, I can't be bothered. ;) Sorry for wasting your time. Harry Potter (talk) 02:15, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
For blocking a troll a good month after their last edit
--Goatspeed. How's my editingCircularRasoningSee what I'm planning 03:33, 11 June 2021 (UTC)