| Like and subscribe|
Scarcella is a prolific producer of humorous educational videos dealing with facets of lesbian life, love and sexuality, as well as related LGBT topics. Her channel includes the video series "Lesbians Explain", and "Lesbian Comedy Videos", the latter of which involves numerous videos of the "Things X's say" variety. Aside from covering a large variety of topics, a few of which include an explanation of the bisexual spectrum and the perks of lesbian sex, Scarcella has also collaborated with a gynaecologist to deliver important information about about safe sex for queer women and reached out to LGBT elders to disseminate to her audience the things that they would like younger people to hear. She defended Nash Grier after he apologized for his homophobia, citing that she had also said stupid things when she was younger. Her video collaboration with gay YouTuber Riyadh K in which each showed the other their genitals made the headlines, and she also teamed up with activist Matthew Vines to make the case that the Bible includes verses that affirm same-sex relationships. In 2016, Bustle included her as one of their top eight recommended LGBTQ channels.
In August 2017, Scarcella teamed up with Jaclyn Glenn to produce a response to a video by Fiona (neonfiona) who — just like her girlfriend, transgender feminist Riley Dennis — called on her audience to reflect on how societal and cultural influences may have a role in trans-exclusionary dating preferences. Unfortunately, Scarcella and Glenn misrepresented Fiona's argument as a call for conversion therapy. To make matters worse, Scarcella tweeted her video with a caption calling Fiona (a bisexual with a trans girlfriend) a "Homophobic SJW", and then proceeded to tag numerous influential antifeminist and transphobic personalities. Unsurprisingly, as a result of all this, Fiona received an enormous amount of backlash and abuse on her much smaller channel, to the extent that she made it private and deleted much of her content. Scarcella also dismissed Fiona's commentary on the basis that she could "never understand" the lesbian perspective, while forgetting that she (Scarcella) is a cis woman talking over trans people.
Scarcella doubled down on her position, posting numerous videos with provocative and arguably clickbaity titles such as "Why I'm Transphobic", "I Won't Apologize For Being Transphobic" and "I Still Won't Apologize For Being Transphobic…" Be that as it may, she maintains that she is not transphobic, and has collaborated with trans lesbians such as Maia Monet, as well as bisexual trans woman Miss London.
In a video entitled "Dear Trans Women, Stop Pushing 'Girl Dick' On Lesbians", Scarcella opined that lesbians are being "told to get over their genital preferences and their hangups," claiming that a Medium.com article about "girldick" specifically targets lesbians (when said article doesn't even mention lesbians and could just as easily be addressing straight men.) She then presented a series of egregious tweets and Tumblr posts that, while clearly denigrating lesbians, could possibly be nutpicked, as she did not present any data showing whether such posts are more frequent than those attacking other gender/sexuality demographics. The video was retweeted by the website AfterEllen, who received backlash for this along with other anti-trans content they had posted.
Scarcella also collaborated with antifeminist conservative transgender commentator Blaire White to talk about this topic, in which both of them, once again, misrepresented the arguments of trans feminists, and categorically ruled out the possibility that societal and cultural factors could influence sexual preferences.
- Arielle Scarcella. WikiTubia.
- Arielle Scarcella - About. YouTube.
- GirlfriendsTV - About. YouTube.
- Project Toasty - About. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. Lesbians Explain - Playlist. YouTube.
- Lesbian Comedy Videos! - Playlist. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. The Bisexual Spectrum Explained. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. Lesbian Sex Is Better.... YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. Ultimate Lesbian Safe Sex Guide (Ft. Gay Gyno) | Part 2. YouTube.
- Nichols, James Michael. Lesbian Gynecologist Answers Your Questions About Safe Sex For Queer Women. Huffington Post, July 6, 2017.
- Arielle Scarcella. These LGBT Elders Have A Message For Youth. YouTube.
- Savage, Dan. Accept the Apology, Already. The Stranger, June 17, 2015.
- Maloney, Alison. Lesbian reveals her vagina to a gay man who has never seen one and films his stunned reaction. The Sun, December 3, 2016.
- GirlfriendsTV. 7 BIBLE QUOTES SUPPORTING GAY RELATIONSHIPS. YouTube.
- Higgins, Marissa. 8 LGBTQ Facebook Pages To Follow & Bring A Dose Of Diversity To Your Newsfeed. Bustle, July 22, 2016.
- Zakar Twins. Coming Out: 4 Words or Less. YouTube.
- Curve Staff. Ahead Of The Curve – Franco Stevens Documentary Kickstarter. Curve Magazine, May 7, 2019.
- Arielle Scarcella. Re: A Chat About Dating "Preferences" (SJW Response). YouTube
- Flores, Buffy. We Need to Talk About Arielle Scarcella's Video on Trans Women & Dating 'Preferences'. Pride.com, August 9, 2017.
- Arielle Scarcella. Why I'm Transphobic. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. I Won't Apologize For Being Transphobic. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. I Still Won't Apologize For Being Transphobic… YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. WOULD YOU DATE A TRANSGENDER LESBIAN? YouTube.
- Tempesta, Erica. 'It is perfect!' Transgender woman shows her surgically-crafted vagina to her lesbian friend. Daily Mail, October 19, 2016.
- Miss London. ARE TRANS WOMEN MALE? (Ft. Arielle Scarsella, Kalvin Garrah, St0rm Ryan). YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. Trans Woman Reacts To Lesbian With Top Surgery : Ft Miss London. YouTube.
- Arielle Scarcella. Dear Trans Women, Stop Pushing "Girl Dick" On Lesbians. YouTube.
- Williams, Rachel Anne. What is Girldick? Medium, June 26, 2018.
- O'Hara, Mary Emily. AfterEllen lambasted after sharing Arielle's video as anti-trans. Out.com, February 13, 2019.
- Arielle Scarcella. Lesbians Who Don't Date Trans Women...TRANSPHOBIC! YouTube.
- Curlew, Abigail. What’s Wrong With the ‘No Trans’ Dating Preference Debate. Vice, February 24, 2018.