| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
The site is highly anti-feminism, anti-Jeolla province[note 1], anti-LGBT, extreme meritocracy, extreme pro-business & anti-labor, ableist, and anti-immigration. They are very negative about issues related to 'political correctness' and 'social justice'. They mainly support the United Future Party politically.
Ilbe's image in South Korea is also much worse than DC, even though it is much smaller, because its members engage in extreme right-wing political actions in real life, whereas DC members mostly stay online. One of the most disgusting such actions came in the wake of the Sewol ferry disaster, when Ilbe members staged a "Gluttony Strike", eating pizza and fried chicken in front of the grieving parents who were staging a hunger strike in protest.
Whereas South Korea's center-left liberal media have not yet reported DCinside as far-right, there are countless reports of Ilbe's far-right inclination. A conservative newspaper, "Dong-A Ilbo"(동아일보), also reported that ilbe is fascist.
- Matthew Dunn (24 September 2017). "Ilbe Storehouse is the South Korean website that is home to the country’s alt-right movement". news.com.au. https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/censorship/ilbe-storehouse-is-the-south-korean-website-that-is-home-to-the-countrys-altright-movement/news-story/f798acd948fada2dd032c31674851a93.
- Hojeong Lee (2019). "Digital War of South Korean Netizens in New York City:From Tweets to a Billboard Advertisement, and an Alt-Right Online Community". Temple University. http://iafor.org/archives/journals/iafor-journal-of-media-communication-and-film/10.22492.ijmcf.6.1.01.pdf.
- 진중권 “일베, 무정부주의적 놀이, 극우 공격성으로 변질”. 경향신문
- ‘일베’는 왜 약자를 괴롭힐까?. 한겨레신문
- 우리 안의 파시즘 간질이는 돌연변이 괴물. 동아일보
- Jeolla is a rural area with a strong political liberal leanings, although socially conservative. During the far-right military dictatorship in the 1980s, the May 18 Democratic Movement took place in Gwangju, a downtown district of Jeolla Province.