There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Media Research Center
| You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
In their own words
“”The mission of the Media Research Center is to bring balance to the news media. Leaders of America's conservative movement have long believed that within the national news media a strident liberal bias existed that influenced the public's understanding of critical issues. On October 1, 1987, a group of young determined conservatives set out to not only prove — through sound scientific research — that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values, but also to neutralize its impact on the American political scene. What they launched that fall is the now acclaimed.
- Homophobia and other positions of fundamentalist Christianity.
- Apologetics for Saint Ronnie, Dubya, and Fox News.
- Persistent racial hatred against Barack Obama.
- The evil media didn't cover all those Bill Clinton scandals.
- Jon Stewart is a big meanie and he's leading the War on Christmas, just like the 7,873 other guys who previously led it. At least he didn't ban Christmas, which literal hardcore Christian Puritans did.
- Global warming denialism, as in any media source that doesn't run a global warming "skeptic" to counter scientists is clearly liberal; same for any media source that simply accepts global warming as real.
- Creationism via CNS News
The MRC runs a conservative-leaning "news" site, CNS News. Also the MRC's Business and Media Institute complains about how the media isn't 100% in line with the free market ideology, while at the same time demanding the government censor "smut". The Culture and Media Institute vents and reminisces for the good old days when gays had to stay in the closet and ladies saved themselves for marriage.
The MRC's blog is NewsBusters, with frequent rapid-response blog posts about the slightest suspicion of liberal bias in media. Given the views promoted by the MRC, it's best to avoid reading the comments section. Don't worry, ConWebWatch has screenshots and excerpts from CNS News comments sections so you don't have to give MRC more traffic to satisfy your morbid curiosities.
MRCTV is another site originally intended as a YouTube alternative that now just seems to exist to churn out social media-ready clickbait and engage in circle jerk article sourcing with fellow MRC sites Newsbusters and CNS. The MRC is apparently now a self-perpetuating loop of conservative news content.
- Ben Shapiro Has his own "media watchdog" page Truth Revolt. Ben possess the amazing superpower of finding leftist propaganda in nearly every piece of information entering his visual cortex.
- Accuracy in Media—
arguablyEven crazier than MRC (If you can believe it).
- Parents Television Council—another right-wing "media watchdog" group founded by L. Brent Bozell.
- Warning, here be wingnuts
- Newsbusters, MRC's blog exposing liberal media bias using the sophisticated research technique of confirmation bias
- ConWebWatch, a site with articles criticizing the MRC
- About the Media Research Center
- MRC's Gainor Says 'Complete and Utter Scumbag' Jon Stewart Is Leading the War on Christmas, Right Wing Watch
- Evolution Just Got Harder to Defend by Eric Metaxas (September 14, 2016 10:59 AM EDT) CNS News.
- Creationist Ken Ham: The State Has Created 'The Church of Evolution With Darwin As The High Priest' by Michael W. Chapman (February 16, 2016 | 4:07 PM EST) CNS News.
- CNS Goes Bottom-Feeding for Readers, May 9, 2012. These comments are directed towards Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh's bigoted comments towards her.
- CNS Readers Spew Hate at Hillary, April 22, 2014.