The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion
| Hate for hate's sake|
The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is a fabricated booklet written by Mathieu Golovinski, a French-Russian Okhrana operative. It purports to detail the agenda for a Jewish conspiracy to take over the world, including how to control the media, the banks, and the government. The Protocols have been the basis for innumerable anti-Semitic tracts throughout the 20th and 21st centuries, most notably Henry Ford's The International Jew and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf. The Nazis heavily promoted the booklet to justify oppression of the Jews and the Holocaust, and paradoxically acted much like the Jews depicted in Protocols in plotting and enacting the exploitation and abuse of nearly anyone not a German in good standing -- except with even more brutality.
Despite being shown to be a hoax as far back as 1921, it is still distributed and believed by people who swallow whatever fiction fits with their racist views. In addition to its exposure as a fabrication (by journalist Philip Perceval Graves of The Times) in 1921, a pamphlet containing three essays by Lucien Wolf called The Myth of the Jewish Menace in World Affairs debunking the Protocols was released in the same year. A Swiss judge ruled the pamphlet to be a forgery in a 1935 decision in a case known as the Berne trial.
- The Dialogue in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu, an 1864 political satire by Maurice Joly that did not mention Jews
- A chapter from the antisemitic the 1868 novel Biarritz by Hermann Goedsche
- Der Judenstaat, an early Zionist tract by Theodor Herzl (1896)
On his album Extremist Won, Carl Klang, self-described as "America’s #1 Patriotic Singer", recorded the song "The News Behind the News" which deals with the Protocols, calling them "the blueprint to the downfall of our nation".[note 1]
David "Thelizardsdidit" Icke (described as a "fucking loon" by Cracked) "declared that the Protocols of Zion is evidence not of a Jewish plot, but of a reptilian plot of Illuminati lizards", according to Jon Ronson, writing in The Grauniad.
- Behold a Pale Horse: Chapter 15
- Blood libel
- Explanatory Memorandum
- International Jewish Conspiracy
- New World Order
- Translation of the Protocols by Victor Marsden
- Dialogue in Hell online text (English)
- Protocols Project page at UC Santa Barbara
- Cohn, Norman. Warrant for Genocide: The Myth of the Jewish world-conspiracy and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. London: Serif, 1996.
- The Protocols of Zion — An Exposure by Philip Graves (August 16 to 18, 1921) The Times of London; this is a transcript
- The History of a Lie: "The Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion" by Herman Bernstein (1921) J. S. Ogilvie Publishing Company.
- a Google search of this title brings up, in second place, a site that accepts the Protocols as true.
- Lucien Wolf. The Myth of the Jewish Menace in World Affairs (or, The Truth About the Forged Protocols of the Elders of Zion). New York: McMillan, 1921. (Public domain.)
- Papers regarding the Bern trial, further commentary by Leslie Fry and Larry Ray.
- A Lie and a Libel: The History of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion by Binjamin W. Segel (1996) University of Nebraska Press. ISBN 0803292457.
- The Non-Existent Manuscript: A Study of the Protocols of the Sages of Zion by Cesare G. De Michelis (2004) University of Nebraska Press. ISBN 0803217277.
- The Fraud of a Century, or a Book Born in Hell by Valery Kadzhaya (December 2005) New Times (archived from December 17, 2005).
- 5 Pathetic Groups That People Think Rule The World, Cracked
- John Ronson. Beset by Lizards, The Guardian. Published 17 March 2001.