F. Roger Devlin
| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
|Buzzwords and dogwhistles|
“”It is well known to readers of this journal that white birthrates worldwide have suffered a catastrophic decline in recent decades.
|—First sentence of Sexual Utopia in Power (and it gets worse)|
Sexual Utopia in Power
Devlin is particularly noteworthy for his essay Sexual Utopia in Power, which is the origin of many MRA subcultural memes, jargon and special definitions of words. A key argument of the essay was that the sexual revolution created incels. The work was also notable for having no citations whatsoever, reading something like a train-of-thought without concern for evidence.
It was originally published in the Occidental Quarterly in 2006 and came to the wider attention of the pickup artist subculture when Heartiste posted effusively about it in 2008. It is now widely advocated in the manosphere, with the /r/redpill subreddit listing it in the sidebar as "essential reading".
The book became an explicitly cited cornerstone of the MGTOW movement, particularly because the book blamed the decline in marriage in the USA on women. It is common to hear MGTOWs ask one to, "read Sexual Utopia in Power, bro trust me it'll help you see the matrix".
He has also done academic philosophy, writing Alexandre Kojève and the Outcome of Modern Thought (University Press of America, 2004).
Devlin identifies as part of the alt-right, which he describes as a "white advocacy" movement, and is considered among its "most important thought leaders" according to VDARE. Devlin attended the National Policy Institute conference which gained national attention after many in attendance performed Nazi salutes. Devlin denounced this behaviour, although he believed "there is nothing intrinsically wrong with" Nazi salutes. Instead, he seemed concerned because such behaviour is too politically incorrect.
- Articles by F. Roger Devlin, including Sexual Utopia in Power
- Hypergamy: How the harebrained notions of white nationalist F. Roger Devlin took the Manosphere by storm, We Hunted the Mammoth, May 2013
- TOQ Online - About
- https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/ - listed in the table on the right, under "Theory Reading".
- The Great Hitler Salute Crisis of 2016 Occidental Observer, 23 November 2016
- A Cautionary Tale Radix Journal, 11 January 2017
- National Policy Institute Live Coverage On Youtube; Peter Brimelow Will Be Speaking VDARE, 19 November 2016
- National Policy Institute is Confronted by Anti-Fascist and Resorts to Sieg Heils Anti Fascist News, 22 November 2016
- Let's Watch as the Alt Right Implodes Anti Fascist News, 4 December 2016