| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
|Buzzwords and dogwhistles|
“”Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!
|—a very non-Nazi thing to say|
Richard Bertrand Spencer (born 1978) is neither a Nazi nor alt-right, but simply in favor of white identity politics (if one believes Spencer:225). He self identifies as an atheist. He is president of the National Policy Institute (NPI), a Nazi-free white nationalist think tank in Arlington, and of Washington Summit Publishers (WSP), a Nazi-less "human biodiversity" outlet in Whitefish. Both institutions are "supporters of identity politics for White Americans", which is not at all like Nazism. He says it over and over, because he's NOT A NAZI, okay?! NPI has been dead-in-the-water since October 2020. He also hosts AltRight.com, (which is totally not related to Nazis) where Spencer is joined with fellow non-Nazis including Brittany A. Pettibone, Jared Taylor, and Lana Lokteff.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Everything's gonna be alt-reich
- 3 Everything's not gonna be alt-reich
- 4 Russian asset
- 5 Welp.
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Spencer grew up in a privileged life, the son of Rand Spencer, an ophthamologist, and Sherry Spencer (née Dickenhorst), a Louisiana cotton farm heiress.:227 As of 2017, Richard Spencer was still along with his mother and sister, the "absentee landlords of 5,200 acres of cotton and corn fields in an impoverished, largely African American region of Louisiana", and were the beneficiaries of $2 million in federal farm subsidies. Spencer went to a top private school in Dallas, Texas, St. Mark's School of Texas, received a BA in English Literature and Music from the University of Virginia, an MA in Humanities from the University of Chicago, then dropped out of a PhD program at Duke University "to pursue a life of thought-crime.":227
New Zealand journalist Julie Hill claims to have learned German with Spencer when he was a PhD student and says that he could not cook so much as a piece of toast, being such a privileged and pampered manchild that he lived on restaurant meals and the leftovers he took home from them. It remains unclear whether he learned to feed himself before tackling the independence of the "great white race."
Everything's gonna be alt-reich
“”For the White race, it's never over.
|—Richard Spencer, who has never ever whined about impending white genocide|
Richard Spencer has said many non-Nazi things, non-Nazily.
Today, in the public imagination, “ethnic-cleansing” has been associated with civil war and mass murder (understandably so). But this need not be the case. 1919 is a real example of successful ethnic redistribution—done by fiat, we should remember, but done peacefully.
What blocks our progress is the meme that has been carefully implanted in White people’s minds over the course of decades of programming, from Mississippi Burning to Lee Daniel's The Butler—that any kind of positive racial feeling among Whites is inherently evil and stupid and derives solely from bigotry and resentment. And that the political and social advancement of non-Whites is inherently moral and wonderful.
Immigration is a kind a proxy war—and maybe a last stand—for White Americans, who are undergoing a painful recognition that, unless dramatic action is taken, their grandchildren will live in a country that is alien and hostile.
Europeans have been a source of light, strength, and vitality for the world over. It is European technology and medicine that have raised peoples out of squalor; it is the European scientific discipline that defines serious discourse and scholarship; it is European ideals of beauty that still reign supreme (despite the best efforts of critics like Ms. Sontag).
In this way, the dispossession of White Americans will have catastrophic effects for the entire world, not just for our people.
Rediscovering our identity—becoming who we are—is the central mission of The National Policy Institute.
When we hear any professional ‘Latino’ support this or that social program, we sense in our guts that her policy proscriptions are rationalizations for nationalism. She might say ‘more immigration is good’; she means ‘The Anglos are finished!
Were our conflict to turn violent I suspect the long besieged whites of California would greet America's forces as liberators. Discuss. [California whites believe immigrants "are a benefit to California because of their hard work and job skills".]
[To journalist & CEO Jose Vargas:] You aren't welcome here. You have invaded our country and refuse to leave. It's freeloading, pure & simple. Leave.
[Reacting to the death of Heather Heyer at Unite the Right] We are coming back here like a hundred fucking times. I am so mad. I am so fucking mad at these people. They don’t do this to fucking me. We are going to fucking ritualistically humiliate them. I am coming back here every fucking weekend if I have to. Like this is never over. I win! They fucking lose! That’s how the world fucking works.
Little fucking kikes. They get ruled by people like me. Little fucking octoroons ... I fucking ... my ancestors fucking enslaved those little pieces of fucking shit. I rule the fucking world. Those pieces of fucking shit get ruled by people like me. They look up and see a face like mine looking down at them. That’s how the fucking world works. We are going to destroy this fucking town.
Richard Spencer once stated that "One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem." For once, Spencer was referring to the media, not Jews.
“”Anime—indeed, even anime porn—has done more to advance European civilization than the Republican Party.
|—Richard Spencer, future leader of the ethnostate|
Richard Spencer is really, really, really fucking cringey. For example, please enjoy this vomit-inducing description of his interview with Mother Jones:
Richard Spencer uses chopsticks to deftly pluck slivers of togarashi-crusted ahi from a rectangular plate. He is sitting in the Continental-style lounge of the Firebrand Hotel, near his home in the upscale resort town of Whitefish, Montana, discussing a subject not typically broached in polite company. "Race is something between a breed and an actual species," he says, likening the differences between whites and people of color to those between golden retrievers and basset hounds. "It's that powerful."
We are well into our third round of Arrogant Frog, a merlot that Spencer chose because its name reminds him of Pepe, the cartoon frog commandeered as a mascot by the "alt-right" movement that has been thrust from the shadows by Donald Trump's presidential campaign. Spencer says Pepe could also be seen as the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian frog deity, Kek: "He is basically using the alt-right to unleash chaos and change the world," he says, looking slightly annoyed when I crack a smile. "You might say, 'Wow,' but this is literally how religions arise."
Spencer enjoys making the dumbest Tweets:
Keep it in your pants, Dick.
“”Democracy is just a little, passing fad.
|—Richard "freedom is just a word" Spencer|
“”A Trumpian Greatness agenda: 1) Net-neutral immigration 2) Nuclear power 3) Light-rail, maglev train system 4) National parks expansion
|—Richard "small government" Spencer|
Spencer hopes to use the anti-immigration bits of libertarianism (and the people it attracts) to gain support for his non-Nazi ideology. As a result, Spencer has been lurking in libertarian conferences for quite some time. For whatever reason, the libertarians don't want him there. We're sure it has nothing to do with Nazism -- just like Richard Spencer.
Race fetish haver
“”[About his Asian ex:] I would rather you didn't write about that. You are probably going to nail me with this... I think some people in the movement would probably find that terrible.
“”There is something about the Asian girls. They are cute. They are smart. They have a kind of thing going on. If I am looking at my own life objectively, it really doesn't surprise me that much.
|—Spencer discusses his quest for the great Asian poon|
Not surprising that he is an Asianophile, like much of the Alt-Right.[citation NOT needed] He may bash Asians in his podcasts, but he conceded a lukewarm acceptance of the growing number of hapas who attend his white nationalist conventions. The irony is that Asian-Americans, if they survive these struggles, are going to be the face of the country in 50 years.
When a co-streamer pointed out that YouTuber "Roaming Millennial" (who once interviewed Spencer) is multiracial, Spencer unleashed a presumably well-intentioned defense:
She's half-Chinese, i think her dad's Chinese — something like that. But she's a very genuine person. Like again: It's not her fault…
Spencer wrote an article in his own journal criticizing Brexit and Euroscepticism, as well as described himself as "pro-EU" on a podcast a few days prior to the referendum. Spencer dislikes Nigel Farage and UKIP; he has said he has always been "highly skeptical of so-called 'Euroskeptics'". His reason for being pro-EU is as a racial pan-Europeanist (white nationalist), he opposes individual ethnic and cultural nationalisms within Europe and supports freedom of movement between European countries. Brexiteers have highlighted, in their view, problems with mass immigration from Poland (and other eastern-European countries) into the UK; Spencer in contrast says he supports large-scale immigration into the UK from Poland since the immigrants are white. His only opposition is to non-western immigration.
Despite his best efforts at waxing poetic about Europe, sadly, a good chunk of Europe (the twenty-six Schengen states including Poland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Sweden), haven't reciprocated their love and has barred him from entry, with Poland's Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski declaring Spencer's views as defamation of the events in World War II including the Holocaust. This is not the first time Europe coldly rejected his love, previously barring him in 2014 after his temporary detention in Hungary for holding a gathering despite warning from officials that he and his ilk are unwanted.
“”The @ACLU was founded to support communism. Much of Silicon Valley donated to it this past week, proving that SV supports communism.
|—Richard Spencer, ACLU understander|
Spencer wrote in his Twitter account with a computer and a keyboard on the Internet criticizing technology, loathing Silicon Valley as "worshipping technology" being its end or the End Times. This may or may not be related to his inability to operate a toaster.
Richard Spencer denies that the man made famine in Ukraine under Joseph Stalin called the Holodomor was a genocide much to the ire of his white nationalist base who believed it was the "real Holocaust committed by Jewish Bolsheviks."
He does clarify however that he doesn't deny the famine was anthropogenic unlike many Stalin apologists such as Walter Duranty:
Unlike Duranty, I'm not denying that millions suffered and died, mostly due to Society policies. Keep trying.
Chapo Trap House lover?
Richard Spencer has stated that he watches the far-left comedy podcast "Chapo Trap House" praising it for its "cynical and irreverent" comedy style which he views as similar to the alt-right's.
Sympathy for the mass murderer
Although Spencer did not quite go so far as to support the actions of alt-right-inspired mass murderer Dylann Roof in the Charleston church shooting, stating in a since-deleted article that Roof should not be considered a "madman" and supporting Roof's manifesto , stating:
Nevertheless, what he published was no insane screed, the kind of thing in which madness is palpable. For our movement’s sake, it would have be better if Roof had produced something that was crazy or stupid, and thus easily dismissed. … his writing indicates that he was capable of critical thought and had seriously pondered the implications of race on American society."
During 2018 divorce proceedings, his wife Nina Koupriianova accused Spencer of repeated domestic violence and provided documentary evidence in court. Koupriianova divorce filings included tweets and photos of bruising alleging that she suffered "incidents of physical abuse include being hit, being grabbed, being dragged around by her hair, being held down in a manner causing bruising, and being prevented from calling for help."
Spencer has declared that he'll know white people have "gotten their spirit back" once they collectively reconquer all of Central Asia and in this process "he could care less" if every Turk was "thrown into the ocean" calling them a "dirty" people contaminating Constantinople with their presence.
And here's an article published on Spencer's website, titled "Is Black Genocide Right?"
Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes, we should instead be asking questions like, "Does human civilization actually need the Black race?" "Is Black genocide right?" and, if it is, "What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?" With starting points like this, wisdom is sure to flourish, enlightenment to dawn.
This might seem shocking to the usual gang of idiots, but right now very similar questions are being booted about and nobody seems to be batting an eye, all because the questions refer to White South Africans: "Does South Africa actually need the White race?" "Is White genocide right?" and "How many of the White devils do we have to rape, kill, mutilate, and bugger before the rest of them fuck off?"
[The article then spends 3 paragraphs supporting the South African genocide conspiracy theory.]
But why should Whites even be in a position where we are forced to consider such a possibility? The White race is history's victor. We conquered Africa and the Africans on the sheer merit of the superiority of our race, culture, and society, and in a land that was largely going to waste we built an affluent and modern society capable not only of supporting a large number of our own people but also a vastly larger number of Blacks than would otherwise have been able to survive there. Of course, Black labour helped, but if that hadn’t been there, we would have imported White, Indian, or Chinese labour and have done the job anyway.
Rather than asking about White genocide, it surely makes more sense by any objective standards of utility, morality, or progress, to ask whether there should be such a thing as Black genocide.
This is not just a tit-for-tat idea either. In the changing nature of the New South Africa, which is still essentially a collection of White-created-and-maintained institutions being gradually but inexorably Africanized – i.e. corrupted, ground down, and barbarized—we see the true nature of the society that will emanate from the continuing exaltation of the Black man; a world of savagery, disease, and death, replenished by a wild, thoughtless fertility; a world that will set no store on the higher values that have characterized the civilizations created by other races.
Although there are doubtless many South African Blacks who behave in ways that we could call decent, we have to wonder how much of this is real and not affected, when savagery of the worst possible kind seems to constantly lurk under the surface in even the most banal of situations.
[The article then spends 3 more paragraphs supporting the South African genocide conspiracy theory.]
Maybe it’s unfair to tar every Black in South Africa with the genocidal tar brush, but the support the majority have given to the ANC at least allows a reasonable case to be made for the kind of collective racial guilt that also serves as the basis of the ANC’s efforts to pull Whites down to the level where they can be raped, sodomized, murdered and mutilated.
Joe Biden supporter?
In 2020, Richard Spencer came out and endorsed Joe Biden for the November 2020 presidential election, saying that the "MAGA/Alt-Right moment is over" and that "we need to recover and return in a new form." The Biden campaign forcefully disavowed this endorsement. Nevertheless, this has been used by wingnut media to try to smear Joe Biden and his campaign as having, somehow, an "embarrassing" double standard because they condemned white supremacy in Charlottesville and are now condemning white supremacy.
Everything's not gonna be alt-reich
To no one's surprise, Spencer's not-Nazi statements and not-Nazi actions have managed to irritate a few people along the way.
“”Right-wing extremist Richard Spencer got punched, but it was memes that bruised his ego
Richard Spencer was punched. In response, Spencer called for the alt-right to provide their own protection. It's a good thing that fascist protection forces have never been employed by the Nazis, because Richard Spencer isn't a Nazi.
Spencer and his National Policy Institute played an active role helping to organize the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 2017.  Infamously, at this rally, a car driven by James Alex Fields Jr. plowed his car into a group of counter-protesters, murdering civil rights activist Heather Heyer and injuring 30 others. 
One of those who suffered severe life-crippling injuries from the Fields incident was a man named Bill Burke, who proceeded to sue multiple far-right individuals and organizations involved in the rally. In early May 2021, due to Spencer's active role in organizing the incident, a federal judge ordered the National Policy Institute to pay $2.4 million to Burke. 
Richard Spencer lives part-time in a small Rocky Mountains resort town called Whitefish, Montana, which is better known for being a gateway to Glacier National Park than any sort of not-Nazi ideology. Even as early as 2014, the presence of Spencer and his National Policy Institute offices irked the town, who responded to his noxious presence by unanimously passing a resolution supporting diversity and tolerance. 
In 2016, a Jewish real estate agent named Tanya Gersh saw someone with a large camera take photographs of a commercial building owned by Sherry Spencer, Richard's mother. Assuming that this was someone from the press, she called friends who were tenants of Sherry to warn them that Sherry might end up receiving some unwanted attention due to Richard Spencer's not-Nazi dickery. Soon afterwards, Gersh received a call from Sherry, who claimed that she didn't believe in her son's ideologies, and asked what could she do to distance herself. Gersh recommended that Sherry sell the building, donate the proceeds to a human rights cause, and make a public statement on what she thinks about her son. 
Shortly afterwards, a post on Medium.com that claimed to have been written by Sherry (although possibly written by Richard himself) accused Gersh of using blackmail tactics to try and get Sherry to sell her property. Naturally, Richard Spencer's pal Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer decided that the best way to help out his compadre was to doxx Gersh and other members (especially Jewish members) of the Whitefish community, along with accusing Gersh of being part of the "Jewish agenda" and promoting a false narrative that the Jews were taking over Whitefish and driving WASPs out. This resulted in many in Whitefish (especially Gersh) being flooded by a "troll storm" of angry, alt-right basement dwellers threatening violence via social media and emails, sometimes to the point of death threats.
To support the Spencers, Anglin announced a march in Whitefish planned for Martin Luther King Jr. day on 2017, tastelessly named as "The James Earl Ray Day Extravaganza".  In response to this, prior to the date of Anglin's planned rally, the town staged a large counter-rally denouncing the hate. On the scheduled day of Anglin's rally, not a single person showed up to support Anglin. In contrast, 350 people showed up to a get-together in support of unity, organized by Whitefish Rabbi Francine Green Roston (who was also a victim of Anglin's "troll storm"), in order to eat some delicious chicken and matzo ball soup. 
In 2019, Gersh won a default judgement from Anglin for $14 million dollars due to his role in the trolling. 
According to Whitefish leaders in 2021, due to the above events and Spencer's not-Nazi asshole behavior, Spencer is now an outcast in Whitefish, and is unable to get a table at many restaurants (or at least will be greeted by a chorus of boos.)  Even in 2018, Spencer's reputation was bad enough that a bar owner in Whitefish (after Spencer's credit card was declined on a simple $4.25 bourbon order) posted the receipt on Facebook with a request for Spencer to "refrain from visiting our establishment in the future" because "it makes everybody feel real scummy". 
Spencer's influences overlap closely with those of Vladimir Putin. Spencer's wife from 2010-2018, Nina Kouprianova, is Russian fascist philosopher Aleksandr Dugin's translator.:102 Dugin is a sycophantic supporter of Putin. Spencer is essentially a Russian asset.
- Alternative Right - His blog.
- George Lincoln Rockwell - Rockwell was really photogenic. 
- What he desperately does not want to be
- Jesse Lee Peterson
- Richard Bertrand Spencer, SPLC
- Richard Spencer, ADL
- Poor Spence. He can't go to any of the nice places anymore. Antifa has his number.
- "Richard B. Spencer and the Alt-Right] by Tamir Bar-On (2019) In: Key Thinkers of the Radical Right: Behind the New Threat to Liberal Democracy, edited by Mark Sedgwick. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190877590. Pages 224-241.
- National Policy Institute (archived from October 27, 2020).
- White Nationalist Richard Spencer Gets His Money From Louisiana Cotton Fields—and the US Government: White people built America, insists Spencer, who has benefited from $2 million in farm subsidies. by Lance Williams (March 17, 2017) Mother Jones.
- I learned German with white supremacist Richard Spencer
- Coaston, Jane. Audio tape reveals Richard Spencer is, as everyone knew, a racist Vox. November 4, 2019 (retrieved November 7 2019)
- Quote with CNN chryon, Snopes explanation.
- Harkinson, Josh, "Meet the White Nationalist Trying To Ride The Trump Train to Lasting Power", Mother Jones10.27.16 at 5:00 AM).
- Twitter (archived)
- Tweet has been deleted. See copy here
- Richard Spencer, Styx and Sargon Have a Chat - Andy and JF moderate
- A Conversation W/ Richard Spencer (ft. Spinosauruskin, James Allsup, Braving Ruin & Millennial Woes)
- Southern Poverty Law Center, "[PayPal Co-Founder Peter Thiel to Address White Nationalist-Friendly “Property and Freedom Society” Conference in September," June 9, 2016.
- Spencer, Richard (April 5, 2013). "American Renaissance Conference: Facing the Future as a Minority". The National Policy Institute.
- Spencer, Richard (May 6, 2013). "Richard Spencer kicks off the Fourth Annual HLMC Meeting". The Mencken Club.
- Fleck, Mike J., "BREAKING: Richard Spencer Kicked Out of ISFLC ’17 After Jeffrey Tucker Confrontation", The Libertarian Republic 2.18.17.
- Spencer, Richard B. (May 25, 2016). ""Euro-Skepticism" Skepticism". Radix Journal. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Alt-Right and Brexit. The Washington Spectator. June 28, 2016.
- CTV News. (November 22, 2017.) White nationalist reportedly banned from 26 European nations. The Associated Press. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- Hatewatch Staff.(October 06, 2014) White Nationalists Gather in Hungary, Richard Spencer Arrested. The Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- Dylann Roof and Political Violence by Richard B. Spencer (June 23, 2015) Radix Journal (archived from June 24, 2015).
- Dylann Roof, the Radicalization of the Alt-Right, and Ritualized Racial Violence by Joel A. Brown (January 12, 2017) Sightings, The University of Chicago School of Divinity.
-  by Talal Ansari (Last updated on October 23, 2018, at 3:52 p.m. ET; Posted on October 23, 2018, at 3:02 p.m. ET) BuzzFeed News.
- White nationalist Richard Spencer accused of physically abusing wife throughout their marriage by Eli Rosenberg (October 24 at 12:36 AM) The Washington Post.
- "Richard Spencer Backs Joe Biden, Says 'MAGA/Alt-Right Moment is Over'" by Ewan Palmer, Newsweek, 2020 August 24
- 'Absolutely repugnant': Biden's campaign forcefully disavows an endorsement from neo-Nazi Richard Spencer by Sonam Smith, Business Insider, 2020 August 24
- O'Neil, T. (August 24, 2020). "As Team Biden Celebrates GOP Defectors, Richard Spencer Endorses Democrats" PJ Media. Retrieved August 27, 2020.
- "Charlottesville Groups Send Out 'Call to Action' Against Upcoming Rally", NBC29, 2017 July 28, archived at archive.org on 2017 August 7
- "William H. Regnery II, 80, Dies; Bankrolled the Rise of the Alt-Right" by Clay Risen, New York Times, 2021 July 16
- "James Alex Fields, driver in deadly car attack at Charlottesville rally, sentenced to life in prison" by Elisha Fieldstadt, NBC News, 2019 June 28
- "Richard Spencer-led group ordered to pay $2.4 million to Ohio counterprotester struck by car at Charlottesville rally" by Andrew Welsh-Huggins, Associated Press, 2021 May 6
- "Whitefish Council Adopts Resolution Supporting Diversity, Tolerance" by Tristan Scott, Flathead Beacon, 2014 December 2
- "Tanya Gersh Was the Target of a Neo-Nazi ‘Troll Storm.’ Then She Fought Back—and Was Awarded $14 Million." by Kate Storey, Esquire, 2019 August 29
- "Neo-Nazi website founder forfeits defense in ‘troll storm’ suit by Whitefish family" by David Reese, Missoula News, 2019 May 1
- "How a small town silenced a neo-Nazi hate campaign" by Elizabeth Williamson, New York Times, 2021 September 5, reprinted in the Indian Express
- "Descending On A Montana Town, Neo-Nazi Trolls Test Where Free Speech Ends" by Kirk Siegler, NPR, 2018 January 23
- "Civil Rights Group Sues Daily Stormer Publisher After Readers Send Family Hundreds Of Threats" by Matt Ferner and Christopher Mathias, Huffington Post, 2017 April 18
- "Broke White Nationalist Richard Spencer Can’t Even Order a Cheap Drink" by Greg Morabito, Eater, 2018 May 9
- "White Supremacist's Card Declined in Whitefish", 96.3 The Blaze, 2018 May 8
- Richard Spencer and His Kook-Right Ilk Are Agents of Russian Influence by John R. Schindler (08/14/17 11:25am) The Observer.
- The Road to Unfreedom: Russia, Europe, America by Timothy Snyder (2018) Tim Duggan Books. ISBN 0525574468.
Xavier meeting MagnetoDr. King meeting George in 1965.