There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Against allopathy|
| Dolphins and money|
Kabbalah water is supposedly "dynamic, living, fractal and crystalline" whatever all that means. It claims a connection with the Jewish Kabbalah which others deny. Basically it appears this group, considered a cult, buys Canadian mineral water relatively cheaply, and adds a little quantum woo.
“”The Kabbalah Centre website explained that a process called Quantum Resonance Technology "restructures the intermolecular binding of spring water".
Of course, the idea that restructuring the molecular bindings between water molecules can cure disease or do other such things is unscientific, considering that clusters of water molecules break up within picoseconds of forming.
They also meditate over the water and resell it expensively.
Exploitation of desperately sick people
One technique, as uncovered by the BBC, is to get a rich desperately sick person (in this case the patient really had cancer) and promise that paying vast sums of money will
help ensure a cure help improve things anyway. An undercover reporter paid £860 for water to drink, more water to pour over his stomach, magic healing books in Aramaic, unspecified healing tools, and a Shabbat meal.
Madonna supposedly paid close to $10,000 to get this spiritually radiant water into the central heating system of her mansion. She even thinks the mystical water can solve the radiation problem at Chernobyl.
Kabbalah Centre and Judaism
A spokesman for the London Kabbalah Centre sparked outrage among Jews by saying the Jews brought the Holocaust on themselves by not practising Kabbalah as the Centre says it should be practised. Jews who really study the Kabbalah dismiss the Kabbalah Centre as opportunistic and obscene.
- The Kabbalah- The NWO's Satanic Bible This suggests that The Kabbalah Center runs a destructive cult. (Warning — kook site.)
- Is Madonna's "Kabbalah Water" from Canada?
- The great Kabbalah con exposed
- Kabbalah Center Exposed Tony Donnelly in more detail
- More Madonna Weirdness: Kabbalah Water Everywhere
- Madonna’s magical nuclear waste cure
- Red String and Kabbalah water — Jewish Voice and Opinion
- How are judaism and kabbalah different? Through the whole mysticism area? Another Jewish opinion showing how different The Kabbalah Centre is from Kabbalah as regular Jews practise it