| Gay free zone|
|Fighting the gay agenda|
|That ye be not judged|
“”The cultural point remains: the more people from alien cultures you have moving into your own, the more fragile and vulnerable your own culture becomes, especially if it is held with less force than the aliens hold their own.
Rod Dreher is an American Conservative Christian and homophobe who opposes equal rights for LGBT people and dislikes African people. He is senior editor and a blogger at The American Conservative. Dreher describes himself as a "Righty journalist, Orthodox Christian, Southerner, Europhile, Ignatian (Team Reilly), eclecticist."
Homophobia and racism
Dreher believes that Christians must be granted the right to discriminate against LGBT people whenever their religion demands it. He is author of the book The Benedict Option, arguing anti-LGBT Christians should withdraw into cult-like isolation modelled on a medieval Benedictine monastery, where they are free to indoctrinate their children in peace.
Dreher calls African people “barbarians” but insists that isn’t racist because it is a “perfectly just” description. Dreher took an African-American professor’s remarks out of context, stirring up a racist mob against him in the process.
Dreher's exact position on evolution is hard to pin down. He believes that the Christian God created the world but says he does not personally believe in young earth creationism. Although he disagrees with the YEC position he has defended creationists saying "I admire their bullheadedness" and has written articles supporting them.
To his credit, Dreher is not a Biblical literalist but he does cherry-pick what bits he wants to believe from the Bible. He has written that "there may not have been a literal garden of Eden, but at some point there was a metaphysical and spiritual event called the Fall."
- Toby Young (a Dreher lookalike with less hair)
- Two Kinds Of Barbarians
- Conservatism's "friendly face" is an old-school homophobe
- Rod Dreher’s Bad History
- Rod Dreher, Karin McQuillan, and the Evaporation of White Taboo
- Rod Dreher. Twitter.
- The Christian Retreat From Public Life
- Of Sh*tholes and Section 8: A Response to Rod Dreher
- Is the Benedict Option based on Christian principles—or white middle-class ones?
- Did a Texas A&M Professor Advocate Killing White People?
- National Review op-ed says treat trans people with basic dignity, right-wing loses it
- Hounding The Heretic Bo Winegard.
- In Defense Of Creationists
- Ben Carson Is A Creationist. So?
- Did Adam And Eve Really Exist?
- What good has intelligent design done?
- Rod Dreher is back. Let joy be unconfined "I was unable to blog elsewhere, under the rules of the John Templeton Foundation, where I worked until just recently. The Templeton Foundation is a truly remarkable place, and I loved the people and the ideas I got to work with there. But in the end, I’m a writer, and I wanted to return to what makes me happy and gives meaning to my life."
- Dreher is really a piece of work
- Rod Dreher and the Templeton “bribe”