| Guide to:|
|Ideas and policies|
Dana Rohrabacher (1947–) was a long-term California Republican Congressional Representative who finally lost an election in 2018. He is a long-haired hippie who dresses in black jeans and turtlenecks to symbolize anarchy, burns draft cards at YAF conventions, travels around the U.S. west coast singing radical folk songs about laissez-faire and smashing the state, lives in an anarcho-village of science fiction fans and underground economy advocates, doesn't vote, and spreads the anarcho-pacifist gospel of Bob Lefevre.
Or so we still wish. What a sellout.
Obviously, an old libertarian like that would never run for Congress as a Republican, formulate the Reagan Doctrine, play second fiddle only to Tom Tancredo as an anti-illegal immigration hardliner, or campaign against gay marriage.
What a sellout.
He's also been connected to Jack Abramoff, and was one of the few Congresspeople to publicly defend him.
Republic of Vemerana
Before he became a US Representative, Dana Rohrabacher visited the New Hebrides in the 1970s and was likely connected to the Phoenix Foundation. At this time, the Phoenix Foundation was attempting to prevent the New Hebrides from decolonizing and becoming the independent state of Vanuatu. Instead the Phoenix Foundation was trying to create the libertarian Republic of Vemerana via a mercenary army.
Scholarly observations on global warming
Rohrabacher has made some astute observations on climate science:
- Dinosaur flatulence caused previous warming
- Rohrabacher unleashes a PRATT tornado on Richard Alley
- Global warming is "liberal claptrap" (Channeling someone perhaps?)
Trolling Sirhan Sirhan
Rohrabacher claimed to have been in the Ambassador Hotel on June 5, 1968 at the time that Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated by Sirhan Sirhan. Rohrabacher is a believer in the conspiracy theory that others were involved in the assassination, and went he so far as to visit Sirhan in prison while dressed as a woman and badgered him about the assassination.
Rohrabacher has actually suggested that the United States support terrorist group the Islamic State when they attack other terrorist groups after they attacked the shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini (of Iran, which supports Lebanese terrorists Hezbollah).
- "GOP lawmaker: Wasn't ISIS terror attack in Iran 'a good thing'"
Return of the mercenary
American warlord Erik Prince, co-owner of Blackwater, announced that he would host a fundraiser for his longtime friend Rohrabacher. At the time, Prince has been under investigation by the FBI over whether he tried establish an illegal backchannel of communication between Russia and the Trump transition team. As a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rohrabacher has been an unusually robust supporter of Russia and Wikileaks. Rohrabacher has also been tied to the Robert Mueller's FBI investigation when Rick Gates admitted to lying about a meeting between Rohrabacher, Paul Manafort and a lobbyist on Ukraine. In 2016, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy "told other Republicans that he thought Rohrabacher and President Trump were on the Russian payroll."
- Ashes To Ashes by Mike Parsons (Jul 01, 1981) New Internationalist.
- Melanesian Politics: Stael Blong Vanuatu by Howard Van Trease (1995) Macmillan Brown Centre for Pacific Studies. ISBN 9820201195. p. 420.
- Rohrbacher blames Dino farts 4 Global Warming (Feb 10, 2007) YouTube.
- Alley and Rohrabacher: Brain vs Blowhard (Dec 2, 2010) YouTube.
- "Liberal Claptrap" Redux; and Much More by Chris C. Mooney (February 15, 2006 7:43 PM) Marburger on the Ropes (archived from October 21, 2011).
- A tale of two Sirhans by Carl Kozlowski (Sep 25, 2008) Pasadena Weekly.
- GOP lawmaker: Wasn't ISIS terror attack in Iran 'a good thing' by Jacqueline Thomsen (06/10/17 07:58 PM EDT) The Hill.
- Amid renewed scrutiny, Erik Prince to host fundraiser for Russia-friendly congressman by Rebecca Berg (Updated 9:16 AM ET, Thu March 8, 2018) CNN.
- Mueller gathers evidence that 2017 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin by Sari Horwitz & Devlin Barrett (March 7, 2018 at 7:53 PM) The Washington Post.
- Rohrabacher under fire over Russia ties by Lisa Hagen (03/08/18 06:00 AM EST) The Hill.