| Frogs and swastikas|
|Their loud fanboys|
| A lunatic Chaplin imitator|
and his greatest fans
|First as tragedy|
|Then as farce|
Heimbach attracted some notoriety after founding a "White Student Union" at Towson University (Baltimore, Maryland) in 2012, and again in 2014 when he joined the Eastern Orthodox Church and was subsequently excommunicated for promoting racism. Heimbach's fellow neo-Nazis, on the other hand, have attacked him for not being racist enough. The poor guy just can't win.
Heimbach is known for chanting "Death To America", which to him means that he wants
to move to Iran the United States divided up into racially homogeneous mini-states, one of which would be called "Avalon". The Traditionalist Youth Network encourages supporters to become knights of Avalon. They must be Roxy Music fans.
In 2016, two criminal complaints were filed against him for shoving a protester at a Donald Trump rally in Kentucky; at least one other complaint was filed in connection with that March 1st rally. During 2017 trial proceedings for that incident, he claimed along with one other of his co-defendants that co-defendant Trump incited the violence.
Traditionalist Workers Party
The Traditionalist Workers Party (TWP) is Mr. Heimbach's far-right, Neo-Nazi,[note 1] white nationalist, identitarian party. It was founded with Matthew Parrott and Tony Hovater in 2015. TWP's core principles are those of protecting Faith (mainly Christian faith), Family (nuclear family) and Folk (not all folk of course, only white folk). Its slogan is close to the Nazis Kinder, Küche, Kirche mantra. It's a spin-off of the Traditionalist Youth Network. The logo of the Traditionalist Workers Party is a mechanical wheel (representing industry) and a pitchfork (representing agriculture). Hovater was featured in a puff piece by the New York Times in November 2017 that was widely criticized.
"Hail Heimbach" + cringe
- Unite the Right — Traditionalist Worker Party was part of the coalition but neither Parrott nor Heimbach attended, although Heimbach was a scheduled speaker.
- Traditionalist Worker Party — Southern Poverty Law Center
- Traditionalist Worker Party — on the Internet Archive
- The website has posted a video on their YouTube channel called "What is National Socialism" and its "25 Points" program mentions National Socialism
- SPLC: Matthew Heimbach
- "The Little Führer". http://projects.aljazeera.com/2015/07/hate-groups/.
- "Avalonian Society Charter – Traditionalist Youth Network". http://www.tradyouth.org/avalon/.
- Trump protester: White supremacist attacked me by Phillip M. Bailey (2:56 p.m. EST March 4, 2016) Courier-Journal.
- Criminal Complaints Filed Following Trump Rally (Posted: Mar 04, 2016 2:35 AM PST, Updated: Mar 04, 2016 3:13 AM PST) LEX18.
- White nationalist claims Trump incited him to shove protester at campaign rally by Katie Mettler (April 18 at 5:34 AM) The Washington Post.
- Traditionalist Worker Party Southern Poverty Law Center
- Nazi sympathizer profiled by the New York Times says he lost his job and — soon — his home by Kristine Phillips (November 30, 2017 at 9:41 AM) The Washington Post.
- A Voice of Hate in America's Heartland by Richard Fausset (Nov. 25, 2017) New York Times.
- A Guide to Who’s Coming to the Largest White Nationalist Rally in a Decade by Spencer Sunshine (August 10, 2017) Political Research Associates.