User talk:Gol Sarnitt
- Ineligible!?! More like illegible. Anyway, get off my back, I'm not good at responsibility on the internet.Gol Sarnitt (talk) 07:23, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and the wiki,
wizard Sysop has been added to your user rights. Feel free to let your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ course through your veins. Once the high wears off, see RationalWiki:Sysop guide for more information. If you have questions, bleat ask away.Commie Lib (talk) 06:10, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
About the Cuckoo
I know you think that guy on Actualized sounds good, but when you see the other stuff he has you'll see why I don't take him seriously. One of the rules on his homepage is not to question him. He also made a video saying that criticism is untenable, so then that means his video is untenable.Machina (talk) 03:35, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, don't worry about me, I don't think he sounds good. I went on to criticize him explicitly, but that was like half a page on Saloon Bar, so I just decided to leave it at my base argument, "questions sound good, but he's answering his own questions." I thought that was pared down enough to describe all of his nonsense. In hindsight, yeah, it probably could have used a two page long explanation that I would inevitably have to edit down to half a page. I try to be positive in my criticism. It's a defense mechanism to protect myself from myself. Gol Sarnitt (talk) 23:51, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
Taking requests, this is still deeply for me, but I'm working on something
Gol Sarnitt (talk) 03:09, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
Make Rationalwiki GREAT Again!
- Thank you! Gol Sarnitt (talk) 04:07, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
I don't think you know who I am or what I do here
@DuceMoosolini No, that header is a joke. If I'm loading up your things you gotta take care of, I'm sorry. I had to poke around to format this @ thing right, I did use preview. Gol Sarnitt (talk) 02:37, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
- I just hit you with a joke lock. You can use your sysop tools to unblock yourself. Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 02:51, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
- Hahaha, love it. I'll get it eventually. But really, my bad if I loaded up a changes page. Please don't unblock me for the sake of my illiteracy here, if I can do it myself I'd like to. Gol Sarnitt (talk) 03:00, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
hiking vs strolling
when you say hiking and I say strolling, I do not believe we are talking about the same thing. you describe hiking as something more like a commune with nature, while I see going for a stroll about town as distinctly urban, more flaneur. its interesting to me because on the face of it, both are going for walk, physically pretty much identical (I am aware hiking in the wilderness might require more planning and more perils), but in effect are opposites - one is an escape from modernity and the hussle and bustle of life, while the other throws you into all that humanity has to offer. Its curious that we would suggest such opposing solutions for solipsism and I wonder what that says about how we view life in general. AMassiveGay (talk) 15:05, 6 March 2020 (UTC)
- I kind of feel bad when I held tight to "hike" and looked back and thought "that's not a hike, that's a walk." Ah, semantics, the devil. The walk, I would see as a means of getting yourself between two points. The hike, on the other hand, is a walk that includes both points. I don't think you ever described anything but a stroll.
I'm not against that, at all, I just can't do it.
Enjoying the walk outside of the stroll t in order to enjoy the stroll sounds like hike,. I wouldn't say a hike is outside of a communal necessity that includes a walk, so it's sometimes hard to complete the hike. I'd say it's the thing you have to do, always with your legs to get somewhere, t exactly like walkiog. A little less profound than a "journey." I think my opinion and use of the word would be close to "A square is always rectangle" and "a rectangle is rarely a square." I am guilty of talking nonsense to someone who doesn't know the difference between walks and hikes and hikes and trips, and now hikes and strolls. Believe me, boo me. But I can see a square as a rectangle, I can see a rectangle as a quadrilateral, the devil made semantics, I'm so tired of semantics, but really, thanks for pointing it out.
- I do hold a difference, personally, between a hike and a stroll. I find a hike easier, and I try to not be an asshole. As a point, only because I know what it's like to be treated as an asshole. I do want to protect every fucking asshole, but I think a person sucks if they don't, and at some point you have to fuck up and be the asshole, and fucking up is important. You have to be able to fuck up your thought process to do the right thing/
I say "hiking" and you say "strolling" and they both imply "walking" What if they are two different approaches to the same act? What do we make of "walking?" I absolutely love it. but you have to explain feedback. [User:Gol Sarnitt|Gol Sarnitt]] (talk) 03:54, 7 March 2020 (UTC)
I keep forgetting I'm not in Quarantine, so here are some hits
- I think I hit a limit.
- Nah, it's still cool, there's a quarantine.
- I think I hit a limit.