Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.—George W. Bush, on the Article-a-Week Club
The Article-a-Week Club consists of individuals who have pledged to do their best to create one quality on-mission article a week, or to expand and develop one of our stubs or very short articles. The pledge can be for any amount of time or for time immemorial.
- 1 Long version
- 2 How does it work?
- 3 Members of the Article-a-Week Club
- 4 Resources for members
- 5 Start a new article
- 6 Articles created or expanded
- 6.1 Week ending in 3 September 2011
- 6.2 Week ending in 28 August 2011
- 6.3 Week ending in 20 August 2011
- 6.4 Week ending in 23 July 2011
- 6.5 Week ending in 11 June 2011
- 6.6 Week ending in 4 June 2011
- 6.7 Week Ending in 28 May 2011
- 6.8 Week Ending in 23 April 2011
- 6.9 Week Ending in 16 April 2011
- 6.10 Week ending 9 April 2011
- 6.11 Week ending 7th Janurary 2011
- 6.12 Older entries
Writing a new article for RationalWiki can have a lot of benefits and can be really enjoyable.
- Researching the topic can teach many new things
- A sense of accomplishment for completing a good article
- Enjoyment of watching others come add to and perfect your work. Collaboration is fun!
- Ultimately watching your article climb the search engine ranks and become a go-to link for an important topic around the internet.
- Perhaps making the world that much better of a place.
Though many of us really enjoy writing for RationalWiki and want to do it, it can be hard to get over the hump and get started. Writing a new article can be a lot of work. Finding an idea, researching it, organizing sources, constructing your thoughts and putting them down on the wiki, all have a certain effort cost to them. With real life constantly tugging at us it is hard to get motivated to do the work for a hobby, no matter how much we want to.
Following in the tradition of a every motivational support system ever created the “Article-a-Week Club” is here to help. It accomplishes two things; first, it is a public pledge to help add that motivational push, and second it takes the one-day-at-a-time, one-thing-at-a-time approach that makes even the most difficult of tasks seem mentally more manageable.
How does it work?
Simply add your name to the list of members below, add a user box to your page if you like. Then simply try your hardest every week to construct one new on mission article for the site, or expand and develop an existing article particularly a very short article or stub. These can be any sub topic of your choosing, with the goal to expand quality information on the site effort should be made to extend new articles beyond just a stub.
For ideas as to where to go to help, try going here for new articles or for articles needing attention.
Members of the Article-a-Week Club
- tmtoulouse 19:09, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- TheoryOfPractice (talk) 19:24, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- (talk) 23:17, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- - π 00:53, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Colonel of Squirrels (talk) 02:39, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- --DamoHi 06:38, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
Totnesmartin (talk) 11:21, 2 February 2010 (UTC)will be offline for an undetermined period (days? weeks? months? It all depends on the judgefinances).
- -- 13:16, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- --Ask me about your mother 13:17, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- yummy & honey(or marmalade) 13:35, 2 February 2010 (UTC) (see:User:SusanG)
- SJ Debaser 12:15, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- Worm(t | c) 12:21, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Researcher (talk) 20:43, 8 February 2010 (UTC)On hold, until life calms down. (If ever.)
- postate 12:51, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
- PsyGremlinParlez! 15:10, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
- David Gerard (talk) 14:05, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- --Colonel Sanders (talk) 16:12, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- EXTERMINATE 18:30, 4 January 2011 (UTC) (50 articles in 2011, here I come)
- Colbert|FanBritons are people too! I am blocked right now.
- Bertran (talk) 20:13, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- --Mr. Bojangles (talk) 20:14, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- ТyTalk. 17:56, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- OzdemocracyTalk! 09:23, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- =[ Beckenor ]= (talk) 01:45, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- The Heidelberg Kid (talk) 20:04, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
Resources for members
- RationalWiki:What is a RationalWiki article?
- RationalWiki:To do list
- RationalWiki:Sources for on mission articles
- Category:Very short article
- Category:Articles needing expansion
- Help:Manual of style
Articles created or expanded
The Article-a-Week Club's weekly contributions.
Week ending in 3 September 2011
Week ending in 28 August 2011
Week ending in 20 August 2011
- Ty: Indulgence
Week ending in 23 July 2011
- Ty Mary Celeste
Week ending in 11 June 2011
- Ty: Anthony Comstock
Week ending in 4 June 2011
- Ty: Julian Whitaker
Week Ending in 28 May 2011
- Ty: Mary Landrieu
Week Ending in 23 April 2011
Week Ending in 16 April 2011
- Ty: Laos
Week ending 9 April 2011
- Ty: Rain