| Frogs and swastikas|
|Their loud fanboys|
| One of the|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”You can feel free to call me an Uncle Tom. It does not affect me. You know why? Because I actually read the book - Uncle Tom was the hero.
Candace Owens is a nutty alt-right commentator and rising star of the young conservative movement. She is the founder of Red Pill Black on YouTube and also serves as Turning Point USA's "director of urban engagement", whatever the hell that means. White supremacist leader Richard Spencer has described Owens as "the last stand of implicit white identity". As of April 2018, she is also Kanye West's new best friend.
Owens hails from Stamford, Connecticut and was a victim of racism in high school. She attended college at the University of Rhode Island, graduating with a B.A. in journalism. She later went to work for Vogue magazine.
Girl meets internet, internet eats girl
In 2016, she attempted to start up a website called SocialAutopsy.com in a naive attempt to try to expose cyber-bullies and stop their activities by doxing them. This led to her being contacted by anti-harassment activist and recurring GamerGate target Zoe Quinn. Quinn tried to warn Owens what kind of internet shitstorm she was stepping into. And then, things began to go quickly downhill. The digital lynch mob that is GamerGate, sensing fresh meat and eager to destroy a potential threat, descended upon Owens in a storm of hate mail, that due to her inexperience with internet jargon, Owens mistook for an attack from Quinn. What followed was a series of surreal tweets from Owens to Quinn, in which Owens accused Quinn of participating in a massive conspiracy in an attempt to shut down the SocialAutopsy project. This was followed by a scathing open letter from Randi Lee Harper, another professional activist, in which Harper was quick to point out many flaws in Owens' website design, anti-harassment experience, presentation, and technical skills, leading to Harper getting caught up in the maelstrom as well.
Meanwhile, GamerGate decided that Owens would make a better ally than enemy and pulled an abrupt one-eighty, supporting her tweetstorm on Twitter, sending her links to pro-GamerGate websites, and even interviewing her. All of this eventually led to Owens "taking the Red pill" and becoming a permanent fixture of the less reputable corners of the interwebs, from whence she continued to spew forth bizarre and increasingly ridiculous conspiracies, such as attacking the Washington Post for a story they never actually published, but that she was nonetheless sure would be an attempt to smear her.
Who is she?
Candace Owens is your garden-variety online conservative wingnut, with one "major" exception: she's black, and just so happens to be a conservative (which she thinks makes her something special, like a lot of other black conservatives, even though black conservatives really aren't that uncommon.) Her primary platform seems to be that she has awakened to the "lies" of the Democratic Party and encourages other people to do what she did: "take the red pill" and become a conservative.
She presents herself as a champion of free thinking (once saying, "I'm not far-right - I'm free.") fighting for the black community, but really, she's just a paranoid hypocrite who blames the Democrats for literally everything. Like every other conservative who pulls out the Dixiecrat fallacy every chance they get, Candace refuses to believe that the Democratic Party of today might just be different from the pre-Nixon Democratic Party and is convinced that they still have a "slave master" mentality that they use to oppress African-Americans in more subtle ways rather that overt slavery, such as the liberal media, the welfare state, public education, affirmative action, and liberal politics in general. According to Candace, the Republican Party is the great beacon of hope for the black community, and if more black people become Republicans, they will have "left the plantation" that is the Democratic Party.
However, in order for Candace's logic to actually make sense, one would have to ignore the significant impact of Richard Nixon's Southern strategy on both parties. Today's GOP (especially following the rise of Donald Trump) has practically turbo-charged the Southern strategy, making it more that apparent that most of the racists are operating as members of the right-wing.
Despite her claiming to be a champion for blacks everywhere, she dismisses racism against black people as no longer being a "real" problem (even though it still very much is), but rather just a manufactured one created by the mainstream media. This had lead her in conflict with Black Lives Matter, whom she has referred to as "whiny toddlers" who are "pretending to be oppressed for attention." She's even gone after white people, once claiming that the only reason any white person would speak out against racial injustice is only doing so out of a sense of white guilt.
Candace's greatest hits
- Her conflicts with Black Lives Matter haven't ended with the "whiny toddlers" comments. Candace goes after them on an almost daily basis.
- She described the Women's March in Washington as a "joke."
- She has ties to InfoWars, having been personally interviewed by Alex Jones on several occasions. She also claims that InfoWars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson was responsible for "discovering" her on YouTube.
- She thinks black people should move on from slavery, while at the same time refusing to shut up about Democrats being responsible for slavery.
- She thinks everyone protected by DACA should be "sent home".
- She thinks white supremacy is a myth created by the media. What makes this one especially horrible was that this was her response to the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017.
- She thinks black-on-black crime is a myth.
- She thinks Donald Trump is the "savior" of the free world.
- She thinks Black Panther is a pro-Trump film.
- She thinks the welfare system and public education are "socialism" and for that reason they should be eradicated. However, she does not believe this to be the case with the fire department. The Progressive Voice pointed out the complete stupidity of her tweet.
- She praised Louis Farrakhan for supporting Trump.
- She attacked Blaire White for her transgender identity.
- She thinks something bio-chemically happens to women who don’t marry and/or have children.
- She claimed that the black community does not stick together and thinks that black people are hateful, jealous, and envious.(21:35-21:53) Strangely enough, she does not apply this reasoning to herself.
- Candace Owens said she doesn't trust Scientific American on climate change because their website address ends with dot com, but she would have trusted them more if they had a dot org address, which is a seal of quality in her view. (Yes, this is the level of argument we're up against.)
- She wants to lock up Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, James Comey, Robert Mueller, Loretta Lynch, George Soros, Jeff Bezos, Jake Tapper, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, and Jim Acosta for no apparent reason.
- In an epic display of cognitive dissonance, Candace Owens has stated that everyone who doesn’t think like her is against the freedom to think differently.
- She claims to be against thought-policing, but she has no problem with doing so herself.
- She attacked journalists for attacking Charlie Kirk for (falsely) attacking Candace’s parents and sisters for being alcoholics and on welfare, respectively. Think about that for a moment.
- She is against welfare because she has cousins who are on welfare, and they are her closest family members. (It doesn’t make sense to us either.)
- She turned down a million dollar contract in order to stay with Turning Point USA because she is loyal to Charlie Kirk. What was that thing Malcolm X said about the House Negro and the Field Negro?
- She thinks that journalists are no different than school shooters.
- She thinks that some conservatives are "secret socialists."
- The above point is extremely ironic considering that The Progressive Voice has recently just pointed out that Candace Owens tried to use a Bernie Sanders talking point to support Donald Trump.
- She doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather. She takes after her master.
- She thinks Ben Shapiro needs to learn from her.
- She says we shouldn't care about the environment.
- She says Charlie Kirk is the smartest person she knows. 
- She thinks that Bill Clinton damaged the black community. (Apparently having a 7.2 percent level of black unemployment is considered "damage.")
- She called Donald Trump Jr. a "Fifth avenue red neck."
- This one is just too stupid for words.
- She thinks the #MeToo movement cheapens female survivors of rape. (This probably has something to do with the fact that she is against welfare because some of her most beloved family members are on welfare.)
- She claimed that “There’s no such thing as subtracted success. You can’t attack someone into your own relevancy. Build bridges, don’t dig moats.” This is ironic because Candace Owens literally built her career on doxxing, attacking the left, labeling liberals and even a few “moderate” conservatives as “racist”, denying climate change, blaming victims of rape and sexual assault, comparing black liberals to slaves, having unnecessary fights with Ben Shapiro, insulting Chelsea Handler, blaming Obama for the racial divide in America, invalidating trans people, and supporting Trump’s wall.
- She tried to exploit Mollie Tibbetts' death in order to demonize undocumented immigrants as a whole. When called out for this behavior by one of Mollie Tibbetts' cousins, she proceeded to pick a Twitter fight with the murder victim's family member. After realizing that what she did was a bad idea, she tried to deny that the Twitter fight ever happened. As a result, the University of Iowa Turning Point USA Executive Board Members ended up resigning because of her antics, declining an invitation for Candace Owens and Charlie Kirk to host an anti-immigration event at the University of Iowa in the process. This forced Candace Owens to deny that she and Charlie Kirk were ever planning on hosting an anti-immigration event at the University of Iowa.
- She defended a man who was holding the Confederate flag.
- She condemned CNN for suspending an alleged sex offender. Paris Dennard, the alleged sex offender in question, had even admitted to the sexual harassment allegations against him. Nevertheless, Candace Owens felt it was appropriate to compare his suspension to public lynchings because... he happened to be a black Trump supporter. It doesn't help that Candace Owens praised a domestic abuser for being a black Trump supporter immediately afterwards.
- She has endorsed white nationalist conspiracy theories.
- She is currenlty suing her former landlord for $15,000, claiming that mold caused by a leak caused her rash, coughing, asthma and "emotional distress". In response, her landlord is suing her, claiming, that she stopped paying her rent and had to be evicted. Given that she showed no signs of illness in her recent videos, it is highly unlikely her claim is true that she wanted to live in her apartment without paying for it.
- She claims to have toured the ICE immigration center in Broward County, Florida,, and she made a video in which she was standing outside the entrance of what is supposedly the ICE facility in question. In this video, Owens claims that the migrant children being held captive in the building have access to arts and crafts, a Zumba class, a library, volleyball and basketball courts, a foosball table, a soccer field, a hair salon, 24 medical care, phones, PCs, a convenience store, and “a ton of cash”.Do You Believe That? Of course, Owens was unable to actually show any of this stuff in her video, probably for the same reason that conspiracy theorists are unable to provide any real evidence for the existence of Bigfoot. Nevertheless, Owens still thinks that since she received poor treatment in public school, it's unfair that the migrant children are supposedly being treated well in the ICE buildings. Considering that Owens has never been taken from her family, put in a cage, held captive in a concentration camp, forcible injected with drugs against her will, forcibly stripped naked, physically assaulted, tortured, sexually abused,, forced to drink toilet water, pressured to commit suicide, or killed, the appropriate response to Owens' bullshit is to offer her some cheese to go with her whine.
- Kanye West. "I love the way Candace Owens thinks" Twitter.
- Cuda, Amanda (March 5, 2016). "“We were children. I wasn’t the only victim.”". https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/We-were-children-I-wasn-t-the-only-6872580.php.
- Jesse Singal, The Strange Tale of Social Autopsy, the Anti-Harassment Start-up That Descended Into Gamergate Trutherism. New York Magazine, 18 April 2016.
- Social Autopsy founder Candace Owens channels GamerGate in bizarre attack on Zoe Quinn. We Hunted the Mammoth, 20 April 2016.
- SocialAutopsy-Turvy: Candace Owens’ Twitter Trainwreck, Part One. We Hunted the Mammoth, 24 April 2016.
- Randi Lee Harper, An Open Letter to Social Autopsy., medium.com, 15 April 2016.
- Giddy Gamergater: Will Candace Owens show the world that we’ve been right all along? We Hunted the Mammoth, 28 April 2016.
- Social Autopsy Founder Unleashes On Zoe Quinn & Randi Harper., Archived from the original at The Ralph Retort, 16 April 2016.
- In furious post, SocialAutopsy’s Candace Owens attacks a WashPo story that isn’t there. We Hunted the Mammoth, 25 April 2016.
- Candace Owens, #journalgate: Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey Accused of Libel Again. David Malitz Defends Her. Archived from the original at degree180.com, 24 April 2016.
- Candace Owens. "Black Lives Matter protesters showed up to my @UCLA event to protest. Here is a video clip of me smacking them down with the truth; they’re a bunch of whiny toddlers, pretending to be oppressed for attention." Twitter.
- Sommerlad, Joe (May 3, 2018). "Candace Owens: Who is the right-wing 'free thinker' admired by Kanye West?". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/candace-owens-kanye-west-tweet-right-wing-black-america-republicans-a8334106.html.
- Candace Owens. "This is really sweet. Thank you for your continued support @PrisonPlanet. You were literally the first person who found me on YouTube and shared my voice with your followers. X" Twitter.
- López G., Cristina (April 24, 2018). "What to know about Scott Adams and Candace Owens, the right-wing commentators Kanye West promoted". New Media Matters. https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/04/24/what-know-about-scott-adams-and-candace-owens-right-wing-commentators-kanye-west-promoted/220028.
- Rogo, Paula (April 25, 2018). "Who Is Candace Owens? Here’s What You Need To Know About Kanye’s Trump-Loving Fave". Essence. https://www.essence.com/news/candace-owens-kanye-west-conservative.
- Candace Owens. "In no way do I endorse Farrakhan's views but holy crap this is a big deal. He has just aligned himself with Trump's administration. What is going on in the black community right now is unprecedented. Flag this. It's relevant." Twitter.
- The Rubin Report. Candace Owens and Blaire White Talk Social Autopsy and Much More (Live Debate). YouTube.
- Candace Owens. "Interesting theory presented to me at lunch. Do you guys think something bio-chemically happens to women who don’t marry and/or have children?". Twitter.