There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
A. Wyatt Mann
| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
Nick Bougas (1955–), using the pen name "A. Wyatt Mann"[note 1] is a documentary film director/producer, cartoonist, and flat-out white supremacist. His propaganda is usually targeted against Jews, African Americans, Hispanics, Latinos, Asians, and the LGBT community, and occasionally Native Americans, gypsies, Eastern Europeans, communists, socialists, capitalists, Arabs, left-leaning people, big business, and sometimes even the French, Italians, Greeks, and Irish. Most of his horrid comics were illustrated in the 1980s and 1990s, but he still makes comics today. Please note that these will make your eyes bleed.
Bougas' first known appearance on the public scene was in 1980 with his short film Gay, Gay Hollywood. Bougas later showed up as a cartoonist for the notorious 4-issue zine Answer Me! (1991-1994) that was written by Jim and Debbie Goad. Jim Goad later claimed credit for being an antecedent to the alt-right based on his book, The Redneck Manifesto.
As a film director, Bougas specialized in ultra-low budget exploitation films of the 'Mondo'-type (featuring gore and death scenes) as well as Hollywood exploitation films. His first Mondo film, Death Scenes (1989), was hosted by Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey (1930–1997), who was partly Jewish. Bougas also featured LaVey in his 2018 video documentary, Speak of the Devil. Bougas has also attended a gathering of satanists that was hosted by LaVey's daughter, Zeena Schreck. Notably, Bougas also got along with Adam Parfrey (1957–2018), who was half Jewish, so it raises the question of what was Bougas' intent with these cartoons, was he race-baiting/trolling or is he an open antisemite who just happened to get along socially with secular Jews? Bougas' fascination with gore, murder, and serial killers is indicative of a misanthropic worldview, which might support the trolling hypothesis.
In 2015, BuzzFeed News became the first media outlet to report that Bougas was behind the "A. Wyatt Mann" pseudonym after they interviewed some of the individuals who worked with Bougas.
A bigoted fan of the artwork took on the name 'A Wyatt Man', and was banned from Metapedia for vandalism or trolling in 2014. Following their eviction from Metapedia, 'A Wyatt Man' along with Michael Coombs and Eleonóra Dubiczki founded Rightpedia, an even more pro-Nazi fork of Metapedia.
The cartoon that created le Happy Merchant
- Stonetoss - The modern-day version of A. Wyatt Mann, except with even shittier artwork and even less inspiration.
- Get it? "A. Wyatt Mann" sounds like "a white man"
- The Surprisingly Mainstream History Of The Internet's Favorite Anti-Semitic Image by Joseph Bernstein (February 5, 2015, at 3:33 p.m. ET) Buzzfeed.
- Nick Bougas IMDb.
- See the Wikipedia article on Answer Me!.
- Two Decades After Author Jim Goad Fell From Grace In Portland, He’s Re-emerged As an Icon of the Alt-Right: Portlanders often view the alt-right that elected Trump as a phenomenon foreign to our city. But the “bible” of the Proud Boys was written right here. by Matthew Korfhage (Published October 17, 2017 Updated October 23, 2017) Willamette Week.
- Death Scenes (1989) IMDb.
- Speak of the Devil (2018) IMDb.
- Nick Bougas: Biography IMDb.
- The FBI moved in this week to arrest a man with a history of attacking minority groups and online after he threatened to burn down the largest mosque in Boston. by Bill Morlin (July 28, 2016) '"Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Wilmington Man Sentenced for Threatening Mosque and Illegally Possessing Firearms and Child Pornography (March 28, 2018) The United States Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts.
- User:A Wyatt Man Metapedia (archived from November 10, 2017).
- User talk:A Wyatt Man Metapedia(archived from January 28, 2018).
- Revision history of "User talk:A Wyatt Man" Metapedia (archived from November 8, 2017).
- User:Wyatt Rightpedia (archived from 27 Aug 2016 00:07:59 UTC).
- Rightpedia - More like wrongpedia by GethN7 (May 30, 2017) Kiwi Farms (Archived from April 4, 2019).