There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Online pedophile activism
| Someone is wrong on|
“”Age is just a number, in the same sense that jail is just a house.
In most online forums, confessing to being a pedophile is considered trolling because the implication is that the person may be a danger to any youngsters who use the site, and therefore could expose the site to legal risk. Despite this, there are many websites that have engaged in activism in favour of pedophilia or pederasty, which included the abolition of the age of consent and argue that pedophilia is just another sexual orientation, such as homosexuality or heterosexuality.[note 1]
The English Wikipedia enacted, at the behest of the God-king Jimbo, a child protection policy that states "Wikipedia regards the safety of children using the site as a key issue. Editors who attempt to use Wikipedia to pursue or facilitate inappropriate adult–child relationships, who advocate inappropriate adult–child relationships on- or off-wiki (e.g. by expressing the view that inappropriate relationships are not harmful to children), or who identify themselves as pedophiles, will be blocked indefinitely."
The first version of that policy was added by MZMcBride on 27 April 2010. On 4 April 2013, Alison added the language stating that off-wiki advocacy would merit an indefinite block. It would seem that the impetus for this change was this thread.
By 2010, large numbers of pro-pedophile websites (such as NAMBLA and BoyWiki's websites) were banned from Wikipedia, following a Faux News article which reported that the liberal pedo agenda had infiltrated Wikipedia. This was confirmed by the Wikipedians; they also confirmed "All of the links appear in old talk archives or from project page discussions."
Despite this, Erik Möller (former deputy director at the Wikimedia Foundation) has been described by Gawker as "a defender of pedophilia", and takes interest in many subjects which fall under the (now mostly inactive) Wikipedia Pedophile Article Watch. Various pro-pedophile websites such as those belonging to the Dutch pedophile group MARTIJN (the Dutch counterpart to NAMBLA) and BoyLinks (which describes itself as "The Internet's most comprehensive listing of boy-related and boylove websites") find his arguments on pedophilia to be coherent with theirs. Also, on his previous humanist.de website, a picture of child pornography was present.
Flyer22 Reborn, one of the most active enforcers of the child protection policy, favors tolerance towards pedophiles who claim to "fight against their child sexual abuse urges and believe that child sexual abuse is wrong; even if they are lying".
Egomoral is a website for pedophiles and is chock full of apologia for pedophilia; as well as promoting adult-child sex, the site also promotes polygamy and zoophilia. It has been quoted a few times on Fundies Say the Darndest Things!, much to the revulsion of the commenters. User webwub declared that "age of consent laws conflict with biology" and user Anglebrook makes the claim that 91.4% of men are pedophiles, based on a quiz that the website itself had put up (which falls victim to the spotlight fallacy and selection bias).
Described by Wikipedia as "An online wiki collaborative project for "boylovers". Available in English, French, and German." An interesting variety of its articles were copied onto the anarchist-based wiki imaginatively named Anarchopedia, including articles on the so-called "Child liberation movement" and child molestation. Anarchopedia is not unique in this, and this has led to factional infighting in the radical left community; Maoist Rebel News (Jason Unruhe) described RevLeft as "a Bunch of Pedophile-Zionists". It should also be noted that the founder of NAMBLA (David Thorstad) was a lifelong Trotskyite.
Some of BoyWiki's more interesting articles (not moved over to the anarchist website) describe information such as "How not to accidentally out yourself" and a very large article discussing adult-child sex (who would have guessed!). This was created on 8 August 2009, coincidentally after a POV-fork article of the same name was deleted on Wikipedia, in January of that year.
“”... a wiki ostensibly devoted to analyzing and refuting pseudoscience and the anti-science movement, documenting the full range of crank ideas, explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism, and analysis and criticism of how these subjects are handled in the media. The site's main blind spot is that it has very little criticism of left-wing authoritarianism.
It is associated with the "Free Spirits" organization behind BoyChat, described by BoyWiki as "the longest-running boylove community on the World Wide Web." Apparently, some 200–300 posts are created each day, although it's difficult to tell as to how many are genuine "boylovers", or as to whether they are trolls, vigilantes or law enforcement officials.
“”The most important function Wikipedia serves is via the pedophilia articles themselves. It is important that they remain fair and unbiased. It is important that they continue to have external links to the support and activist community.
AnnabelLeigh.net, also called GirlChat, is the sister site to BoyChat. This site is less active and frequently is down. However, when BoyChat gets taken down by DDoS attacks (as happened in late October 2016), GirlChat often remains unaffected and can be a source of information about what is happening with BoyChat.
- Main: Rightpedia
Rightpedia admin Hu1 (posting as Fiala1) had defended Children.orain, a site registered with the now-defunct Orain.org by a pedophile. Hu1 described the site as a "small harmless children's Wiki". In fact the creator was banned by Orain staff, describing him as a "pedophile scumbag" and Children.orain has been closely monitored.
Unsurprisingly, being the fashier version of Metapedia, Rightpedia's article on pedophilia only focuses on opposition to Jewish pedophiles and there is not any mention of non-Jewish pedophiles on the page.
Christian Boy Love Forum
“”The Christian Boylove Forum (CBF) was started in order to give Christian boylovers a space in which to work out their own issues.
|—BoyWiki, describing the Christian Boy Love Forum.|
The "Christian Boy Love Forum" was created following the completely unwarranted prejudice that "boylovers" felt within the Christian community, and from 2000–2002 published a newsletter named Parakelesis, which they contained "informative articles and poetry". The organisation organized a number of meetups between 1998 and 2002, deciding in 2001 that they would allow filthy breeders within their ranks. A variety of choice quotes from these people are available via our good friends at the Encyclopædia Dramatica.
Caution Click advocates decriminalization of "non-production child pornography" activities, such a possession and distribution of images of children being sexually assaulted.
8chan has been described by the The Washington Post as "the more-lawless, more-libertarian, more 'free' follow-up to 4chan." Boards have been created to discuss controversial topics, including pedophilia. While the sharing of illegal content is against site rules, The Daily Dot wrote that boards exist to share sexualized images of minors in provocative poses, and that some users of those boards post links to explicit child pornography hosted elsewhere. When asked whether such boards were an inevitable result of free speech, Brennan responded, "Unfortunately, yes. I don't support the content on the boards you mentioned, but it is simply the cost of free speech and being the only active site to not impose more 'laws' than those that were passed in Washington, D.C." Posting illustrated depictions of child pornography (lolicon) is common on both 8chan and 4chan, with 8chan having multiple boards dedicated to such material.
In August 2015, for a brief period, 8chan was blacklisted from Google Search for containing content constituting "suspected child abuse content". It was later restored to the search engine's listings without explanation.
Straight Talk for Boys About Sex with Males
The booklet — recently circulated through a Web site for pedophiles — had been written, it said, "for any boy who is old enough to be able to read it."
Called "Straight Talk for Boys," it is an 18-page discussion of sex, particularly between children and adults, from the pedophiles' viewpoint. Such encounters are depicted as harmless, even beneficial. The document criticizes parents and therapists. And it encourages boys to wear Speedo bathing suits and shower naked in public places.
But it repeatedly returns to one message: boys should never tell about sex with adults. "Older boys and men may be frightened about getting caught having sex play with you, because they can be put in jail," it says. "So you have to think of ways to 'signal' your interest in another person without openly saying what you want," adding that "nobody else can know about what you agree to do."
The booklet comes with instructions, advising pedophiles on how to distribute it. "The best and safest way is to leave quantities of the booklet in places where boys in the 8 to 14 range can find them, and where adults will not discover them too quickly," the instructions read. "Obviously, you don't want to be observed placing the booklets in your chosen locations."
The booklet reflects how pedophiles can use the Internet to advance their interests in the real world. Like many of those efforts, this one involved deception: the booklet does not reveal, for example, that it has been written and distributed by men who are sexually attracted to children, but instead portrays itself as objective fact.
– New York Times.
In certain online circles, including parts of Reddit and the manosphere, some male users openly celebrate their attraction to underage girls in their teens. According to many self-proclaimed "ephebophiles," it's "natural" or a "biotruth" that adult men are attracted to teenage girls, and age of consent laws are an attack on "healthy male sexuality" invented by feminists and older women in order to monopolize the "sexual marketplace". One common refrain is that women lose their attractiveness when they hit "the wall," an alleged age where generally female beauty precipitously declines.
Similar sentiments were voiced by Jeffrey Epstein, the infamous financier and convicted sex offender, in an interview he gave in 2018. In it, he argued that modern taboos against adult men having sex with teenage girls were a "cultural aberration" that flew in the face of much of human history, with the implication that he hoped that one day, laws and attitudes concerning such would be rolled back. He contrasted this with homosexuality, which has been the subject of long-standing taboos dating back over a thousand years, and which is still punishable by death in some countries.
- See the Wikipedia article on List of pedophile and pederast advocacy organizations.
- Not to be confused with the aims of groups such as Virtuous Pedophiles, who believe that child sexual abuse is wrong and seek to raise awareness that some pedophiles do not offend.
- User talk:Jimbo Wales – Massive pedophile crackdown Wikipedia (started 16 April 2007)
- "User talk:Jimbo Wales". wikipedia.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- "Wikipedia:Child protection". wikipedia.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Alison (4 April 2013). "I think this needs to be clarified (see AN/I discussion). WP:BOLD an' all that ...".
- Alison (5 April 2013). "it's a recipe for just fine, thanks. Talk page (I noticed you missed discussing this point)".
- "EXCLUSIVE: Pedophiles Find a Home on Wikipedia", Fox News. Archived using archive.is.
- Boylinks, archived by archive.is
- Owen Thomas. "Erik Möller, No. 2 at Wikipedia, a defender of pedophilia". Gawker. (Archived using archive.is).
- "Is sex bad for kids?", archived at the Wayback Machine.
- "Is same-sex marriage the slippery slope to Polygamy?", archived at the Wayback Machine
- "Interview with a Zoophile", archived at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived using archive.is
- List of articles Beta M copied from BoyWiki and pasted on Anarchopedia, Encyclopædia Dramatica
- "Child liberation movement", Anarchopedia
- "child molestation", Anarchopedia
- "RevLeft is a Bunch of Pedophile-Zionists". wordpress.com. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- See the Wikipedia article on David Thorstad.
- "How not to accidentally out yourself", BoyWiki (archived at archive.is)
- "Adult-child sex", BoyWiki (archived at archive.is)
- "Adult-child sex", BoyWiki. (archived by archive.is).
- Deletion "Review: Adult-child sex", Wikipedia. Closed 04:03, 28 January 2008 (UTC); archive via archive.is here.
- "RationalWiki". BoyWiki (archived at archive.is)
- "Free Spirits", BoyWiki (archived at archive.is)
- "BoyChat" BoyWiki (archived at archive.is)
- Sarah D. Goode (7 July 2009). Understanding and Addressing Adult Sexual Attraction to Children: A Study of Paedophiles in Contemporary Society. Routledge. p. 32. ISBN 978-1-135-25804-7.
- Rightpedia Screenshot 3.
- Children.orain.org. Wikipediocracy.
- Rightpedia Screenshot 4.
- "Christian Boy Love Forum" BoyWiki (Screenshot; archived at archive.is)
- "Christian Boy Love Forum", archived using the Wayback Machine.
- Caitlin, Dewey (January 13, 2014). "This is what happens when you create an online community without any rules". The Washington Post.
- Howell O'Neill, Patrick (November 17, 2014). "8chan, the central hive of Gamergate, is also an active pedophile network". The Daily Dot.
- Machkovech, Sam (August 14, 2015). "8chan-hosted content disappears from Google searches". Condé Nast.
- Brennan, Frederick (August 13, 2015). "Google is not your friend?".
- "On the Web, Pedophiles Extend Their Reach" New York Times
- Jay Hammers: "Age of Consent is Misandry." 23 December 2010 (recovered 20 February 2018). (Archived copy linked from another MRA blog; here is commentary by We Hunted the Mammoth.
- Stewart, James B. "The Day Jeffrey Epstein Told Me He Had Dirt on Powerful People." The New York Times, 12 August 2019 (recovered 15 August 2019).
- Garber, Megan. "The Myth of the 'Underage Woman'." The Atlantic, 15 August 2019 (recovered 15 August 2019).