| Someone is wrong on|
| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
“”The RationalWiki™ ('RW™) or (RadicalWiki) is a far-left feminist, SJW rip-off of Conservapedia where SJWs, Atheists, and trannies go to have a circlejerk and talk about how oppressed they are and how bigoted cisgenders and Trump supporters are toward Muslims. RationalWiki used to be a (sort of) funny troll parody of the Republicans who got banned from Wikipedia and created Conservapedia because they hated President Obama. Nowadays it's devolved into a place for euphoric atheists that are enlightened by their own intelligence (probable SJWs), Social Justice Warriors (aka SJWs), PZ Myers fanbase circlejerks (definite SJWs), and other low life basement dwellers to go rant about everything that triggers them, and is over 9000 times as bad as Conservapedia ever was. From feminists who think that fart is rape, to evolutionists who think that being smarter than Kent Hovind and flat-earthers is actually an accomplishment. It's so much of a circlejerk that it puts Reddit to shame. Not surprisingly, one of RW's founders and top sysops is that supreme Usenet and TOW troll, David "Slutty Vampire" Gerard.
|—Encyclopædia Dramatica on RW|
Encyclopædia Dramatica (ED) is a homophobic racist troll wiki that documents Internet culture, memes, and "drama" for the lulz. ED documents everything it thinks is wrong with the Internet, and proudly does so in a style that exemplifies the very things wrong with the Internet.
ED used to load slowly, probably because half of the page is advertising for pornography, sex toys, and browser hijacks — the left side bar is especially impressive. They've done away with the ads and are actually trying to return to their roots of actually being lulzy again.
ED is good at documenting memes and internet events and gives frank reviews of popular websites. Since it's not limited by Wikipedia's stringent reliable sources policies, it has better… je ne sais quoi. In particular, its article on the heavy metal site metal-archives.com[note 1] its articles on Twilight  and other bad fiction works, and its extensive section on deviantART could possibly be considered praiseworthy. Perhaps the single most interesting article on ED is the one on trolling, which can be taken as being written by trolls. ED was also involved in Project Chanology.
In ED's own words, "expect blatant, biased lies, and expect boring truths to get deleted quickly". Where ED fails is mostly in its own obsessions with goatse, internet memes, furries, racist and sexist humor, and shock value. This is hardly surprising, given its contributor overlap with 4chan and Anonymous (as such, ED's article on 4chan is quite favorable by comparison to others). It was also used frequently as a tool against others, with people creating accounts just to write unfunny articles about others they disliked in hopes that other ED readers would attack said person. According to white supremacist Andrew Auernheimer ("weev"), who more recently is associated with The Daily Stormer, many ED articles were purveying racism and pushing the "pro-racist dialectic of lulz".
From 2014 to 2015, the continued presence of Channers and Redditors (especially from Gamergate-related groups) tended to give new ED additions an alt-right, reactionary bent. Strangely, the change doesn't seem to have affected anyone outside of ED.
Encyclopedia Dramatica was utterly infested with advertisements in the past. Back then, even clicking the search bar resulted in annoying pop-up ads for porn half the time. On the other hand, as their goal seems to be to offend, that may have actually worked to their advantage. However, the staff has announced this was problematic and fixed the issue:
ATTENTION: ED is NOT asking for donations.Anyone asking for donations to pay the server bills is trying to scam you.
ED was started in 2004 by the trolls at LJDrama.org, documenting and encouraging LiveJournal users and their overblown drama and unwarranted self-importance. The owner and founder was Sherrod DeGrippo, a.k.a. Girlvinyl. The site quickly attracted similar netizens from 4chan, the GNAA, Bantown, and so forth.
Midway through April 2011, visitors were surprised to be redirected to a site calling itself "OhInternet", a blatant ripoff of Know Your Meme. DeGrippo had shut down ED for good, replacing it with "a more toned down content style and a streamlined design", having decided that having every second wikilink take you to "nigger" or "faggot" pages was no longer financially viable in the face of escalating liability over various attack pages. It's also possible that there were no more places to put porn ads. (OhInternet in turn died in October 2013; nobody noticed or cared.)
Fans promptly started a few forks, dredging ED pages out of the Google cache. Here's a list:
- encyclopediadramatica.se (again)
encyclopediadramatica.se has been the most successful reanimation, but has been down for some time, without even bothering to pretend it has any legal oversight. With no porn ads... just kidding: porn ads again. Yeah, they are that site — the one that seriously still uses popup ads. Its current incarnation loads somewhat faster than the original and the aforementioned ads have been relegated to the sidebar and popups ads, but this is a reminder that an ad blocker mentioned earlier is strongly advised. See above section for more information.
Conrad Rockenhaus is the current admin of ED and hosts Encyclopædia Dramatica through his company GreyPonyIT. ED is protected by Cloudflare. In August 2019, the site experienced a long period of downtime but was back online by October.
In November 2019, Conrad and ED's official Twitter accounts were permanently suspended.
In January 2020, the site went offline. Their official Facebook account posted, "RIP ED i guess lol", and also stated that they cannot restore the site from backups because "the people with the backups are in federal custody and soon to be prison".  Whether or not the site will return is uncertain.
- RationalWiki Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from November 3, 2019).
- Metal Archives Encyclopædia Dramatica' (archived from October 29, 2019).
- Encyclopaedia Metallum Wikipedia (archived from October 26, 2019).
- Twilight, or Why Mormons Shouldn't Write Vampire Fiction Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from July 8, 2019).
- Fifty Shades of Grey Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from June 24, 2019).
- Inheritance Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from May 27, 2019).
- Mary Sue Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from July 22, 2019).
- My Immortal Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from August 22, 2019).
- DeviantART Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from August 23, 2019).
- Trolling Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from August 9, 2019).
- About Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from November 3, 2019).
- Richard Spencer is a Trap reply by by weev (2015) The Right Stuff Forum (archived from 11 Oct 2017 14:51:05 UTC).
- Heart Encyclopædia Dramatica (archived from January 28, 2018).
- Encyclopedia Dramatica Is No More: OhInternet Rises from the Ashes by Robert Quigley (April 15th, 2011) The Mary Sue.
- If you're interested in supporting the new home of ED and ED in general (since I pool the money) @GreyPonyIT starts with Basic VMs for $2.99/mo and VPCa for $1.99/mo. by Conrad Rockenhaus (@RockRockenhaus) (7:43 AM - 31 Aug 2019) Twitter (archived from November 3, 2019).
- .@eddotse @RationalWiki For some reason, even though you've never identified an owner in centuries, you guys are trying to lie on @RockRockenhaus for owning us when he doesn't. He hosts us through his hosting company. Big diff. Oh, and you're lying about his discharge, L0LSUIT? by Encyclopædia Dramatica (4:54 PM - 29 Oct 2019) Twitter (archived from 30 Oct 2019 01:56:59 UTC).
- encyclopediadramatica.rs Whois (archived from 30 Oct 2019 01:45:50 UTC).
- encyclopediadramatica.se Whois (archived from 30 Oct 2019 01:35:05 UTC).
- "RIP ED i guess lol", Encyclopedia Dramatica, Facebook, 2020 Jan 15
|Welcome to the Wikisphere. Please proceed with caution:|
|A Storehouse of Knowledge - Anarchopedia - Citizendium - Conservapedia - CreationWiki - EvoWiki - Infogalactic - Knowino - Metapedia - New World Encyclopedia - PESWiki - Palaeos - Psiram - RationalWikiWiki - RationalWikiWikiWiki - RationalWiki (français) - Rightpedia - SourceWatch - TV Tropes - TruthWiki - Wiki - Wiki4CAM - wikiFactor - WikiIslam - WikiSynergy - Wikipedia|