There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Fun:Right wing bastards
A breed of people that became much more apparent in the 1980s when their deeds were celebrated. Their lineage can be traced back to biblical kings, and to medieval monarchs and nobles who did whatever they wanted without regard for the feelings of the majority. The mantra of the classic RWB is "Fuck you Jack, I'm alright".
- Most Popes, especially Discordian ones.
- Fred Phelps — Thank God for his death. Bastard.
- Tomas de Torquemada, poster-boy for the Spanish Inquisition.
- Jerry Falwell — with his mother in an outhouse. Bastard.
- Pat Robertson
- James Dobson
- Tony Perkins
- John Hagee
- William Donohue
- Charles McVety
- Ken Ham
- Kent Hovind
- Adnan Oktar
- Duane Gish - famous proprietor and inventor of the infamous "argumentation" style the eponymously named "Gish Gallop", also dead. Bastard.
- Henry M Morris - infamous founder of the modern day batshit insane Young Earth Creationist movement, wanted to take science back to the good old days of the Middle Ages, when such pesky things as freedom of religion didn't exist, also dead. Bastard.
- Emperor Nero (According to Suetonius, Nero tried to kill his mother through a planned shipwreck, but when she survived, he had her executed and framed it as a suicide.) (WP)
- Constantine the Great, the Roman Emperor who legalised Christianity, oversaw the creation of the Nicene Creed, and then had his wife and son executed.
- King Henry VIII of England - apparently seven wives wasn't enough. Bastard.
- General Francisco Franco — still dead. Bastard.
- George W. Bush
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Ronald Reagan
- Dick Cheney
- Donald Rumsfeld
- Sundry Medicis
- Margaret Thatcher — Is Thatcher dead yet? Yes.
- Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon - "I am not a crook." Bastard.
- Osama bin Laden
- Stephen Harper
- Karl Rove
- Benito Mussolini — late for his last train ride. Bastard.
- Adolf Hitler - turns out the Jews got the last laugh after all. Bastard.
- Augusto Pinochet - every libertarian's wet dream come true. Bastard.
- Saddam Hussein
- Bashar al-Assad
- Donald Trump
- Jair Bolsonaro
- Rodrigo Duterte - the fact that his party (the PDP-Laban) is considered left-wing by Filipino standards only makes him even more of an asshole.
- Viktor Orbán
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
- Boris Johnson - voted into office by 0.25% of the country, slightly more competent than his counterpart across the pond while being vastly more ineffective thanks to his predecessor throwing away his party's majority in British parliament.
Arts and letters
- Michael Crichton
- Rush Limbaugh
- Ann Coulter
- Glenn Beck
- Michael Savage
- Pat Buchanan
- Bill O'Reilly
- Sean Hannity
- Brit Hume
- Jeremy Clarkson
- Peter Hitchens
- Christie Blatchford
- All of Salem Radio Network
Modern "magnates" and press barons
- Ernest Saunders
- Kenneth Lay
- Conrad Black
- Rupert Murdoch
- Robert Maxwell (who was a British Labour Party politician)
Just plain bastards
There are also people of an apparent dual nature who display complex behaviour, sometimes displaying all the attributes of a RWB but having charitable facets. It might be thought that this is intended to create a good public image and thereby deflect criticism thus increasing profitability, but this is obviously not true. Is it... ?